Jerry Jones: Cowboys want extension with Greg Hardy/NFL.com

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-jones-cowboys-want-extension-with-greg-hardy

A swirl of negativity surrounds Greg Hardy, but inside the Dallas Cowboys' facility things are apparently calm.

Last Thursday, Hardy missed practice without notifying the team, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported. On Sunday, the volatile defensive lineman went into a special teams huddle and slapped the clipboard of special teams coach Rich Bisaccia.

While many outside Valley Ranch believe Hardy -- who was suspended four games stemming from a 2014 domestic violence incident that ended his Panthers career and landed him on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission List for the final 15 games of the 2014 season -- should be reprimanded for his recent actions, the Cowboys' brass has no qualms.

Owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, are in lockstep: They'd like to keep Hardy around longer.

Jerry Jones told KRLD-FM Tuesday morning that they would like to get a long-term deal done with the defensive end, via the Dallas Morning News.

The owner's comments came a day after Stephen, the Cowboys executive vice president, told the same station the team would "absolutely" like to get a deal done and believed it was "very much a possibility."

Jerry Jones reiterated Tuesday that there will be no punishment for Hardy's recent actions.

The owner added that he's not worried about people calling him an enabler, because it was already said when the Cowboys signed Hardy.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Transcendent talent, absolutely horrible person.

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
While I certainly understand that as a football owner/GM your goal is to field the best football team possible. But at what expense? Jerruh has shown complete disregard for a player's personality, what they do off the field and now, apparently, doesn't hold them accountable for skipping practice without notification.

I thought he would have his hands full with Dez Bryant; that dude just doesn't know when to shut up and acts like a clown each time he gets a catch/TD. I found it funny that he was the first one in Hardy's face when they whiffed on Special Teams. Bryant isn't even playing! Yet he thinks he can get in someone's face? Moron..

This entire Cowboys team turned into a dumpster fire when Romo went down. My family are hardcore Cowboy fans and would always talk trash about Romo but now they're eating their words. He's actually a darn good quarterback (I will never repeat those words) and I think the entire Cowboy fanbase has been spoiled.

I'm very glad we have a head coach that holds players accountable for their actions both on and off the field. Do you think this type of nonsense would fly in the Rams' locker room?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This season will not end well for Jerruh and his Cowboys.

DezBryant and Tony Romo will play again but will be too late to save the day. They barely edged the Giants at home by one point, beat the Eagles on the road, then the bottom fell out with four straight losses. They still have to face the Seahawks, Packers, Jets, Bills, and Panthers.

Their one hope is that their division is so weak it may take only a 9-7 record to win it. There will be no wild card from that division.

Greg Hardy will eventually implode but not before causing much dissension in the locker room. We've all seen this act played out before many times throughout the NFL and the end result is never surprising.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Hardy is a piece of shit who should be in jail for life. Jerry Jones is a senile motherfucker who lives in La La Land. Perfect fit honestly. I hope they sign him to a 10 year crippling deal that makes that franchise stuck in the basement of their division for eternity.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, not much could go wrong giving Hardy a bunch of money. If he behaves like this now, what will he do with a bunch of money contractually owed to him?

Wait - we already know - he acts even scummier.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He should be in jail for attempted murder, assault and battery, and other charges. Instead, he might just get another contract. It makes me sick to see this guy on the field.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winning conquers all in the nfl. Crazy. The only thing I could think while watching Hardy's fit was "if he can lose his control in public like that what is he like in private?". Like Stephan A said today, rice would still be in the league if not for video evidence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winning conquers all in the nfl. Crazy. The only thing I could think while watching Hardy's fit was "if he can lose his control in public like that what is he like in private?". Like Stephan A said today, rice would still be in the league if not for video evidence.
Rice would still be in the league if he could still play

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rice would still be in the league if he could still play
How do we know he can't? He was never given another shot. Ravens clearly still wanted him. He wasn't cut until after the video came out. A video that they had already seen.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Greg Hardy, you should be ashamed of yourself when Brandon Marshall is saying that you haven't learned your lesson.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Jerry Jones is a tool!
Greg Hardy is a tool!
And the Cowgirls will look back at this season and wonder what the hell happened to their Super Bowl hopes!
All because Jerry Jones "thinks" he knows how to run their team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do we know he can't? He was never given another shot. Ravens clearly still wanted him. He wasn't cut until after the video came out. A video that they had already seen.
He wasnt given a shot because he was shot out. If he could play, he'd be in uniform.
His last season in Baltimore he was slow and ran for a 3.1 avg
They didnt miss him either as Justin Forsett ran for 1200 yards and went to the pro bowl

There's a reason why Aldon Smith, Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson etc are in the league while Rice isnt. Because they can still play. The NFL didnt get a dose of morality walking over Ray's doorstep