Jerome Simpson to serve 15 days in jail

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
X said:
Guess not.

I'm tempering my excitement (as best I can) over this year's off-season action. Aside from the really nice draft day trade, we've brought in a corner who's a lateral move at best, a receiver coming off of a serious knee injury, overpaid a center, and interviewed a receiver who's going to jail. Not saying that this staff is doing a bad job. Just pointing out that I was excited about Leber, Poppinga, Hall, Mikell, MSW, Banan, Dahl, Lloyd, Cadillac, Norwood etc., and only a couple have panned out so far. This team needs to build through the draft - period. Of course we need to plug away at the holes with whoever is available, but this team needs to kill it in the draft. Consistently.

I think the best part about this offseason is that the roster is younger. We got a pretty damn good replacement for Bartell that is 2 years younger than him. We released 2 +30 year old DTs and picked up Langford (26). Steve Smith has the injury risk but he will be 27 when the season starts.

I also liked the Mulligan and Turner signings just because they know the offense. Will they be on the field a lot? Probably not. They will still help a lot in training camp and practices.

I understand what your saying tho. I think all fanbases have this issue of getting too excited about FA signings, I cant wait until we start being like The Ravens, Pats, Steelers, and Packers, the teams that dont make a "big splash" in FA and they wait a few days before they make signings (and NOT overpaying for those players).
yeah I think I overreacted a little. I had just got done looking at the complete draft history of this team starting from 2000, and it made me feel ill. you get the gist though. I want so desperately for this to be a new beginning, and it all starts with the draft.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
X said:
DR RAM said:
X said:
I'm not against Simpson either. Er, at least I wasn't. Now, with 3 years probation and a history of criminal activity, who's going to sign him? One more strike and boom - jail-time. I did like his athleticism and potential though. Just sorry he may not be an option for us anymore.
What that says to me is a very cheap contract....not guaranteed, and a player that has a lot to prove to not screw up or he's out. I think he's still an option or he wouldn't have visited us the day before his hearing.
Perhaps you're right. I guess we'll see. What's abundantly clear is that the criteria for team-building has done a complete 180. Not sure how I feel about that yet. If it results in wins and there is no sacrifice to team chemistry, then great. If not, I guess it can't get any worse.

I don't think it's taken a 180 at all. I think Snisher are using the same DeSpags road map better than they actually did! I remember Devaney's grandiose ideas of signing young players who were in their mid twenties entering their second contracts and then building through the draft. Then they ditched that last year in order to make a bum rush at the division.
I think this off season has gone well (not great, but good) thus far and will give the standard, wait and see answer.