Jermelle Cudjo signed by Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Chiefs sign two more defensive linemen
Posted by Josh Alper on May 20, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwu0yzhlzjjjmjlmmgu2otmzmdhhzdflm2fhmwi4ntnj.jpeg
Getty Images

News of defensive tackle Kyle Love’s return to Kansas City broke on Monday and we learned that there will be two other new arrivals on the Chiefs defensive line on Tuesday.

The team announced that they have signed Jermelle Cudjo and Kona Schwenke as free agents. Cudjo was released by the Rams late last week, ending a stint with the team that began in 2010. Cudjo didn’t see action in 2011 because of a back injury, but played in 38 games for St. Louis over the other three years he was with the team. Those games were mostly spent as a reserve and Cudjo will likely fit into the same role if he winds up making the Chiefs roster.

Schwenke was signed as a rookie free agent after wrapping up his career at Notre Dame. He did not attend the combine, but the Chiefs obviously saw enough of him in other venues to give him a spot on the 90-man roster.

The Chiefs also waived defensive tackle Cory Grissom and linebacker Ridge Wilson.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Best of luck for Jermelle. Can't think of many other teams he'd be the 5th DT on, but that was unfortunately his situation here. He was an easy guy to root for after he made the team a few years back. Quite a solid player, glad he doesn't have to move his family far

A55VA6

Legend
Good for him, I knew he'd get picked up. Our d-line is just stacked and he was the odd man out. Hope he does well with KC.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I always like Cudjo glad he got picked up so fast

We've almost completely turned over the roster in less than 3 years
I wonder who is left from the Devaney era, Long, Saffold, Kendricks, and Quinn....

FRO

Legend
It was a nice move by Fisher and co to cut these guys when he did, giving them a chance to get rooted with another team and stick.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
And all in all, most of those players are the ones we would NEVER want to get rid of, so there's that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Cudjo was a a decent rotational guy with us. Donald and Carrigan bumped the depth chart a couple notches, that's tough to compete against.

A55VA6

Legend
Cudjo was a a decent rotational guy with us. Donald and Carrigan bumped the depth chart a couple notches, that's tough to compete against.
I think some people have forgotten about Carrington. lol I thought it was a decent signing. Interested to see what he can do.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think some people have forgotten about Carrington. lol I thought it was a decent signing. Interested to see what he can do.

He's suppose to be a pretty good pass rusher. Him, Long, Donald and Quinn in the game on 3rd and long is very exciting.

fearsomefour

Legend
He was a nice find for us and a solid run stuffer. One of those guys who end up having a solid 10 year career.
Best of luck Cudjo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wish Cudjo all the Luck in the World, except Wk. 8 this year against the Rams of course!:)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wish Cudjo all the Luck in the World, except Wk. 8 this year against the Rams of course!:)
That's always my attitude towards people who played well for us then went elsewhere. I've never been a "They're DEAD to me now!" fan.

Except, of course, if they go to the 49ers or Patriots, but even then I'll still wish them all the off-field success in the world.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wasn't Cudjo originally an Eagle? Didn't the Rams get him from their Practice Squad? So, he is reunited with Andy Reid. I guess Andy never wanted him to go.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Class move by Fish to do this early enough for the two to get with a team before the start of camp.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As others mentioned Cudjo was a causality of our ridiculously loaded d line. The chiefs just got themselves a very solid rotational player

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
haha miss me 503? Ive been busy finding a summer job and such, been checking in everyday just haven't had much time to post
You know I did man. Good luck on the job front. Waiting tables can be a pretty good gig. Our servers make about 30 bucks an hour on most nights.