Jeff Gordon's Rams Chat Highlights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Gordo’s Chat Highlights

—If they were hot on Watkins, it seemed odd to give Britt some guaranteed money to join a group that includes Austin and Bailey from the previous draft and Quick and Pettis from previous drafts.

—Let’s see what the market bears for Johnson. I’m guessing he will not command anything like he wants, but we’ll see. For the right price, the Rams would have to at least consider him just as they took a shot on Britt. Trouble is, Johnson still believes he is a true No. 1 back who deserves the carries and the big money.

—Lots of second- and third-day options at QB. Logan Thomas is one of them; he can bring the heat.

—Banking on Jake Long seems like a crazy idea. Drafting an OT high in the draft seems like a great idea.

—The team invested a fortune in Cook to become a huge target down the field. And the team spent two years on Quick. It would be nice to see them pay off.

—Let’s see if Houston takes Clowney. If Houston opts for QB instead, then teams will bid high for the pick to get Clowney. I bet he kills it in his individual workouts.

—How much will the Rams get for a trade down? Depends how far down the Rams go. To slide down just four spots, for instance, a second-round pick in this draft would seem to be a good price.

—Draft a DT? Not early, but it is possible. Remember that Fishers moves some DEs inside on passing downs, so that takes away some need for depth.

—QB Trade up market? If a guy like Bortles kills his individual workouts, that could drive up some bidding. Bridgewater and Manziel don’t seem to be creating that sort of frenzy.

—Clemens or Hill? I’d say Hill is more talented but Clemens was a fit here with his experience in the offense.

—Fisher indicated that Robinson will need work. So I would be surprised to see the Rams take Robinson if they get stuck with the No. 2 pick.

Read Complete Gordo Highlights