Jeff Fisher still waiting for a head coaching gig

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

View: https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNFL/status/1001574146575339520?tfw_site=TurfShowTimes&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2018%2F5%2F30%2F17407736%2Fformer-los-angeles-rams-head-coach-jeff-fisher-tells-radio-interview-coaching-opportunity-rumor

Former Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher tells radio show he’s still waiting on head coaching opportunity
The Fish is still waiting for a suitor to make him the head man and not just a coordinator.
By 3k

I’ve had opportunities to stay in [NFL coaching circles], but I, I don’t see myself coming back and coordinating. You know...as well know, success in the National Football League is built on a number of different things. You know, it starts with the quarterback, and it starts, you know, you gotta stay healthy and you know you gotta hit things running and you gotta have a good staff.

All those things, and so you know getting out for a year or two I don’t think that should by any means eliminate somebody. You know I don’t know that at times you were with Bill [Cowher?] if he had the intention of getting back in. I think it was moreso for staying informed regarding and being educated regarding you know from a commentator’s standpoint.

So, you know and believe me there’s a lot of work as far as that’s concerned. I appreciate the work that goes in, you know, through years and years of the production meetings that I spent with different production crews and things getting right to call the game. There’s an awful lot of work that goes into that.

But, you know, nothing’s easy. It requires a lot of hard work and dedication and the right place at the right time as we all know.

Former Los Angeles Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher called in to with SiriusXM NFL Radio yesterday with Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan to address his current status as a de facto free agent coach who, in his own words, isn’t interested in a media opportunity right now.

Miss you, Dear Leader.
Really 3k? You miss this guy? The Turf Show guys should learn about blue font.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Holy friggin' smokes!
I have wondered for years if Jeff Fisher didn't have a screw loose....

Now I know. :D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He will never be a Head Coach in the NFL again....Maybe the AAF, but there is only two teams left as Mike Martz just got the San Diego team. If Fisher wants back into the NFL, he'll have to be a DC or try to be the next Joe Vitt or Dave McGinnis.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know, Jeff....There is the performance of one guy, you know, who prevents that next HC job
JWnnHAW.png

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Fisher;
"success in the National Football League is built on.... You know, it starts with the quarterback, and it starts, you know, you gotta stay healthy..... and you gotta have a good staff".

Fisher did a good job of picking the quarterback however he was totally responsible for that constantly injured and changing offensive line (which he fails to mention, which in my mind renders him clueless).

He also needs to take responsibility for that half-ass staff he put together.

He seems to be just as delusional as ever.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I have a solution that will help keep Fisher off the sidelines and outta the booth - yet keep him exactly where we want him!

Drum roll please......

"FISHING WITH FISHER"

Hear me out - we all like Jeff Fisher and want him to continue to enjoy his long retirement so how about creating a TV Show for the Outdoor Network where Jeff Fisher shares his football war stories with fellow NFL and sports stars while they fish North America's best rivers.

Just imagine Jeff, Brandon, Case, and Rob Boras on a river in Montana. How about episode 4 when Brian Quick shows up to his Tennesee home with Kenny Britt ?

IMG_5012.JPG

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I never realized how much he says "you know"
Well....you know..... he's from Cali..... right dude?

I mean.... you know .....it's like.... they started a whole new righteous method of habla in the valley that only kids can understand.

It's like ....wow....man.

Ya know?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
You are right Mr. The Brock.

Something about Fisher makes it seem like fishing is in his DNA or something.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You are right Mr. The Brock.

Something about Fisher makes it seem like fishing is in his DNA or something.

I can't quite put my finger on what it is though.

Fisher has a unique Fishing style. Most anglers go all offense by casting lures and reeling in the fish. Jeff’s approach is all defense. He presents himself as the lure and physically fights the fish into submission as it tries to eat him.

Jeff never could grasp the offensive aspects of fishing.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He will never be a Head Coach in the NFL again....Maybe the AAF, but there is only two teams left as Mike Martz just got the San Diego team. If Fisher wants back into the NFL, he'll have to be a DC or try to be the next Joe Vitt or Dave McGinnis.

I for one, would like to see Jeff Fisher coaching in the NFC West as a head coach. One less team for the Rams to worry about for the division title. :yess:

dang

Legend
Jeff Fisher did a great job getting the Rams from the SOSAR to mediocrity. He just couldn't get us past the 7-9 BS with his awful OCs and middle school offense.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
He’s a good dude and probably a pretty decent defensive coach. But can’t see why anyone would hire the losingest coach in history again.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think he's making a mistake by not taking a DC job.

^ This. When you get succeeded by a true rising star, it's time to go into image rebuild mode. Which means flush your damn ego and get back into the league as a DC.

I respect the hell out of Coach Fish, btw. I think as a leader the guy is extremely good at getting the most from his players. But he needs a great GM above him who can keep him honest on offensive staff hires and hand him a ready-to-go offense (i.e. good roster quality across the board).

Last but not least, as I mentioned before: Fish rose too fast to head coach. He didn't ever really demonstrate year-to-year excellence as a defensive coordinator and IMO isn't good enough on the X's and O's to hold up inferior staff selections even on the defensive side (as we found out when he did make a bad DC hire with us). I'd love to have a beer with the dude and talk Rams football, but in this day and age as a HC you gotta be able to hold things down on one side of the ball to protect your organization from poaching of coordinators.