Jeff Fisher says team in position for franchise changing player at #1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
If only Bradford could have arrived after the team drafted 4 O lineman, had a Todd Gurley, a Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin, in place.

Who knows what may have been

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If only Bradford could have arrived after the team drafted 4 O lineman, had a Todd Gurley, a Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin, in place.

Who knows what may have been
Or.

If only he had Martz as his OC when he first came into the league.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Possibly, but there is something to be said that good to great players elevate coaching, I liked Martz for a time, but I question if the league hadn't caught up to him after 4-5 years, or did he just run out of horses?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Possibly, but there is something to be said that good to great players elevate coaching, I liked Martz for a time, but I question if the league hadn't caught up to him after 4-5 years, or did he just run out of horses?
I'm talking about his QB development skills and how he would have nurtured Bradford's deep arm instead of blowing a fucking whistle in his ear and demanding he get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds (Spagnuolo). Bradford was screwed the minute he was drafted into that regime. We honestly would have been better off with Suh and some cast-off who could throw a 2 yard hitch and a bubble screen.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm talking about his QB development skills and how he would have nurtured Bradford's deep arm instead of blowing a freaking whistle in his ear and demanding he get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds (Spagnuolo). Bradford was screwed the minute he was drafted into that regime. We honestly would have been better off with Suh and some cast-off who could throw a 2 yard hitch and a bubble screen.

Oh, well now that you put it that way allow me to pull me head outta my...you make a good point

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Spags and his fucking whistle, and Murmer didn't help matters. :palm:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How's this for exciting: IF they're right the Rams will have an elite QB lining up in our offensive backfield with Todd MFing Gurley!!!

Draft can't get here soon enough.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 ACL surgeries....dude was destined to break

Yeah but the first injury happened when he was scrambling out on a 3rd down play. The play before the wr, probably quick, dropped a perfect pass which would have been 1st down. If the catch had been made he wouldn't have been scrambling the next play and no injury.

Funny how fate works that way.

Edit - just looked it up. It was actually a 2nd down play and it was Pettis that dropped the pass for a 1st down. Still, would have been a different play if the pass was caught.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
@OC--LeftCoast and @-X- Make some really great , valid points! All I want though, is, to quote the late Owner of the Oakland Raiders, Al Davis, is for the team to " JUST WIN BABY!!":yay::mrburnsevil:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
just looked it up. It was actually a 2nd down play and it was Pettis that dropped the pass for a 1st down. Still, would have been a different play if the pass was caught.
Boy yall know I love me some Quick.....LOL! Clear it up....

Shit happens.....I was a Suh guy anyway....but thought oh well....Lets not make the same mistake...take the specimen...just like GRob....early in the draft..

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm talking about his QB development skills and how he would have nurtured Bradford's deep arm instead of blowing a freaking whistle in his ear and demanding he get rid of the ball in under 2 seconds (Spagnuolo). Bradford was screwed the minute he was drafted into that regime. We honestly would have been better off with Suh and some cast-off who could throw a 2 yard hitch and a bubble screen.
This ^

And Spags took valuable time away from the offensive coaches, by teaching Bradford about defenses. It sounded good in theory, but looking back.