Jeff Fisher Press Conf. 08/20/13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[stl]8b2aaa45-b63b-40b9-8f85-4666203eba09[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center/videos/Head-Coach-Jeff-Fisher-Press-Conference/8b2aaa45-b63b-40b9-8f85-4666203eba09" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stlouisrams.com/media-center ... 66203eba09</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – August 20, 2013

(On if the heat led to tempers flaring amongst the players)
“Yeah, it was. Occasionally in camp those things happen. It’s kind of one of those deals. I think most of you at some point have said to me, ‘Gosh, this is amazing weather for training camp, right?’ Well, today it got a little warm, OK. And they had pads on and that’s what happens and that’s good. We need to work through that.”

(On if he likes to see guys get in scuffles)
“You don’t want anybody getting hurt and all that kind of stuff. They jump in there and they had more fun pulling apart than they do mixing it up, and that’s fine. We’ve just got to focus on our football.”

(On if the players running sprints yesterday led to improved execution today)
“No, we did that after the Cleveland game as well.”

(On if execution was better today)
“Again, it’s just part of our routine to emphasize the need to reduce penalties. It was not punitive. It was good exercise.”

(On TE Philip Lutzenkirchen)
“Yeah, I think he’s going to be OK. He had some wind and was a little dizzy, but he came around.”

(On if making cuts is a tough part of camp)
“Yeah, it’s not easy. It’s a reality across the league. You have to go from 90 (-man roster) to 75 and 75 to 53. It’s a tough couple days, you get through it. Yes, I have been doing it a while, and I’ll speak with each and every single player that we release.”

(On which position battle is the tightest)
“Obviously, we’ve got some battles. We talk in terms of the running back position and who’s going to be the second and the third and how that’s going to unfold. Obviously, we’ve got great competition at the left guard spot. We’ve got a lot of really unusual, competitive races for backup spots. Those are the ones that probably don’t get the attention, but there’s a lot of guys competing for backup spots on this team.”

(On the backup quarterback battle)
“Again, we’re alternating (QB) Austin (Davis) and (QB) Kellen (Clemens), but that’s why he’s (Davis) playing and we’re trying to identify that. Your backup quarterback basically has to be able to come off in an emergency situation and play without very many practice reps. So, you’ve got to know what to do. You’ve got to be in the ballgame. You’ve got to just pick up where your starter leaves off.”

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Weird... the 'X' in the background of that interview. Weird...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(On if the players running sprints yesterday led to improved execution today)
“No, we did that after the Cleveland game as well.”
:lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
Weird... the 'X' in the background of that interview. Weird...
Cool. They responded to my letters.