Jeff Fisher on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/03/03142012104514.mp3[/mp3]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams will announce Finnegan tomorrow at Rams Park

What does he bring to the team?
We drafted him, and within 3 or 4 years he was a pro-bowl corner. Tremendous cover skills, tackling skills, bow-hunting skills, ball skills. He's going to be very, very involved in the community too. For a little guy, he's very aggressive for 60 minutes.

Jason Jones? Happening?
Jason is in the building, he got in last night, this is his first visit. From our perspective, we hope he doesn't make another visit. We're gonna see how it goes. There's physicals involved, and some recruiting. He's a very, very accomplished pass-rusher.

Did you get involved in any of the WRs that changed teams recently?
Yes and no. We were involved in a lot of those talks yesterday - into the evening. We're making decisions based on what's best for the ball-club. Salaries and other things got out of hand. Before we start FA, we evaluate the draft class quite heavily, so there's still some players we can target there.

If a vet receiver can be made available in a trade, you could pursue one of them with these extra picks?
Absolutely. You talk about the future picks, those give you flexibility here. If somebody is there that we like in the draft, however, we can go up and get someone that way too.

Have you formed an opinion on Blackmon, and is he a player of interest to you?
Well, yeah. Our scouting staff has evaluated him, and the coaching staff as well. But he's not the only receiver out there. You can find receivers throughout the draft who can come in and fill the position.

On Gregg Williams.. are you prepared for what might happen?
I can't comment on that. We'll just wait and respect whatever decision the league makes.

How has it been getting set up at Rams Park?
We're familiar with the players from a tape standpoint. They're not really permitted to have much interaction with the coaches until April.

Can you give us some thoughts on the offensive line?
The O-line was devastated with injuries last year. We have good players on it, and we have confidence in the offensive line coach, the coordinator, and we think this could become a position of strength in a short time.

steferfootball

Starter
I like Fisher's confidence in the OL.

I think he likes Saffold, Bell, and Dahl. Grab a center and RT of some.sort and.we could be set.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Is Jacob Bell signed (I thought he was a FA)? If he is not signed are the Rams in the process of trying to re-sign him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
paceram said:
Is Jacob Bell signed (I thought he was a FA)? If he is not signed are the Rams in the process of trying to re-sign him?
He's a free agent at the moment. He's scheduled to meet with the Bengals next. I guess they're letting him test the market and then they'll decide if they want to match whatever offer he gets. He certainly doesn't sound like a high priority for Fisher, even though the two have a history of sorts.