Jeff Fisher expects WR Brian Quick to play in preseason/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jeff Fisher expects WR Brian Quick to play in preseason
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...r-expects-wr-brian-quick-to-play-in-preseason

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- St. Louis Rams receiver Brian Quick had quite an uphill battle in recovering from the devastating shoulder injury he suffered against the Kansas City Chiefs last year.

When Quick first suffered the torn rotator cuff and dislocated left shoulder, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said there were those in the medical field who saw the injury and wondered if Quick would ever play again.

A little less than a week into this training camp, it's safe to say Quick is exceeding those expectations. While the Rams are trying to ease Quick back into full-team drills -- he wears a yellow beanie on his helmet to limit contact -- he's been there for every practice so far. And Quick isn't just standing around, either. He's consistently made plays in every practice and looks to be well on pace to be ready to go when the season starts.

In fact, Fisher said Tuesday that Quick will not only play again but probably play as soon as the upcoming preseason slate.

“It was really a remarkable rehab process that he endured," Fisher said. "There was some question as to whether or not he would ever come back. He’s back. He’s not quite there yet. We’re protecting him. But I would expect him to play in preseason games and go out and be productive. It’s really good to have him back. He was off to a great start last year.”

In six-plus games before the injury, Quick led the Rams with 25 receptions for 375 yards and three touchdowns. He appeared to be on his way to a breakout season before the injury derailed him.

Quick is entering the final year of the four-year rookie deal he signed in 2012.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
To me....IMO....Quick is the #1 wr we have craved for the last 7 years....I liked that guy that played with Sam for a min too...He just was with the 9ers...But Brian Quick is the man....Britt & Quick are like 1A & 1B to me....Did I have my doubts? Only in how Sherm had developed him in his first 2 years.....

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Now when (no rush hoping starts getting eased in, in Oct) Gurley gets back 100% looking forward to seeing what we can do in the run & pass game vs. the NFC West Def's