Jeff Fisher doesn't rule out reunion with Randy Moss

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Vinny Iyer - SportingNews
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... z1mVoKFeGP

78419-330-0.jpg

Randy Moss didn't have much to do in Tennessee. (AP Photo)

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... z1mVoi8rO7

Randy Moss had a forgettable stint with the Tennessee Titans, his most recent NFL team, during the 2010 season. The coach he played for in Nashville, however, isn't ruling out a reunion with the wide receiver in St. Louis.

New Rams coach Jeff Fisher told SN correspondent Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that despite Moss' paltry production as a Titan (just six catches for 80 yards in eight games), he had no issues with Moss as a player both on and off the field.
Randy Moss didn't have much to do in Tennessee. (AP Photo)

“I thought the world of him over the six or eight weeks that I think we had him,” Fisher said. “I thought he was a terrific teammate and he did a great job in our locker room.”

The Rams are desperate to add a playmaking wide receiver to help third-year quarterback Sam Bradford, and it's unlikely they will bring back their best wideout from a year ago—unrestricted free agent Brandon Lloyd. That doesn't mean, however, Fisher and new general manager Les Snead are ready to sign Moss, who turned 35 on Monday.

“If he wants to come back, obviously he’s going to need to find a home,” Fisher said. “At this point, it’s too early to say.”

Fisher is one of several men in the NFL who have experience coaching Moss. In addition to the New Engalnd Patriots' Bill Belichick, Moss played for San Diego Chargers coach Norv Turner (in Oakland), Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice (with the Minnesota Vikings) and Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator Brad Childress (also in Minnesota). It's doubtful any of them will roll the dice on the receiver's services a second time.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
How is it that guys like him and TO get talked about much more than any of the younger potential FAs out there?

Should the Pats go after Moss again? Should a team take a chance on TO? How many times are we gonna go through this before it ends. One of the things I heard about Moss is he needs to go to a team thats winning, a strong lockerroom, and a good HC. Um, the Pats had that type of environment and were a winning team before and after they traded him! They could have brought him back last season! Nobody picked up TO last season. These guys arent getting any younger.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JdashSTL said:
How is it that guys like him and TO get talked about much more than any of the younger potential FAs out there?

Should the Pats go after Moss again? Should a team take a chance on TO? How many times are we gonna go through this before it ends. One of the things I heard about Moss is he needs to go to a team thats winning, a strong lockerroom, and a good HC. Um, the Pats had that type of environment and were a winning team before and after they traded him! They could have brought him back last season! Nobody picked up TO last season. These guys arent getting any younger.
Yeah I agree. It was intriguing a couple of years ago, but now I'm kinda over it. Not only do you have to earn your stripes in this league, but you have to freakin' keep them too. After Moss' "display" on the field in Tennessee, I really don't care to see him in a Rams uni. And T.O.? Meh. I'd rather see Salas develop than have his reps limited by a guy who *might* play one more year.

Anonymous

Jeff Fisher doesn't rule out reunion with Randy Moss

Well...they can have lunch.

As long as Randy approves of the chef. Cause, he WILL let them have it, if not.

But you know. Lunch. Nice little reunion.

Then, Fisher can get back to football, and Moss can go on and do whatever it is HE does now.

Anonymous

if Moss can still produce and exist within the confines of the team culture fostered by JF then sign him to an incentives laden deal. We need to use the draft to solidify the O-line or FA to do same....but it has to be done quickly. If getting Moss allows that to be done and gives greater flexibility elsewhere......do it. More time to see what we have now and to better address it in 2013 if need be.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Moss is a one trick pony (albeit probably the best ever at it) who more than likely can no longer perform his trick at an elite level. Would he be a nice deep threat still? Yes. Would he be worth all the media BS that comes with him? Maybe. Speaking of former superstars with baggage who used to play for fisher.....Haynesworth anyone??

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Faceplant said:
Moss is a one trick pony (albeit probably the best ever at it) who more than likely can no longer perform his trick at an elite level. Would he be a nice deep threat still? Yes. Would he be worth all the media BS that comes with him? Maybe. Speaking of former superstars with baggage who used to play for fisher.....Haynesworth anyone??

As big of a need DT is, and knowing the history Fisher has with him, I still dont want him. He was just a contract year player that didnt play at the same level after the Redskins rewarded him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hell no. The closest I want Randy Moss to the Rams is Fisher giving him a cordial handshake and saying "I'm sorry, but we're planning on moving in another direction."

I'm going to be furious if we start picking up cancerous has-beens like Moss.