JB Long tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This has to be some form of sarcasm. I've seen a few holds.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a problem. Teams know they can hold and hold and hold vs our defensive front.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Is it just our front or across the league? I think they're being more relaxed in general.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Is it just our front or across the league? I think they're being more relaxed in general.

I don't know RoC but I do know we have the best front in this league and we're feeling it more than anyone. And it's particularly difficult when our secondary is struggling like it has been.

Hopefully when Talib gets back the QBs have to hold that thing another split second and that will be the difference in the refs not being able to pretend they didn't see it.

Tano

Legend
upload_2018-10-30_8-22-47.jpeg

upload_2018-10-30_8-24-35.jpeg

upload_2018-10-30_8-26-20.jpeg

Not a hold

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
They did cal Saffold once for holding though if I remember right?

I expected this against Rodgers.

Psycho_X

Legend
It is ridiculous. The NFL just doesn't give a shit about slowing down offenses anymore. It's painfully obvious they've told the refs to hold the flags for almost everything now. They want QBs to take less hits. What is total bullshit is when they decide to throw the only one of the game on Saffold at the most critical point of the entire game. That's the shit that pisses me off. Hold the flags up their rears until it effects the game. Fuck that.

The puzzling part of Sunday was all the holding on the Packers defense that went uncalled.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
http://conormclaughlin.net/2018/10/nfl-penalty-trends/

The league has changed the rules to make it harder to defend and has taken some of the violence out of the game, but I don't see a league-wide conspiracy with all the game officials to turn a blind eye to penalties when they see them. i posted a link to someone who thinks more penalties are being called. he made a line graph and everything. :)

fearsomefour

Legend
It's a problem. Teams know they can hold and hold and hold vs our defensive front.
It is everywhere.
Pretty clearly the league is allowing holding on passes to help protect QBs and drive up scores. All OL are holding now. Whitworth holds all the time.
As long as it even it would be fine.
But of course it's not even.

fearsomefour

Legend
It is ridiculous. The NFL just doesn't give a crap about slowing down offenses anymore. It's painfully obvious they've told the refs to hold the flags for almost everything now. They want QBs to take less hits. What is total bullcrap is when they decide to throw the only one of the game on Saffold at the most critical point of the entire game. That's the crap that pisses me off. Hold the flags up their rears until it effects the game. freak that.

The puzzling part of Sunday was all the holding on the Packers defense that went uncalled.
The reason Saffold was called is Goff ran right past Saffold. You can see that exact block....OL establishes hand position, the DL tries to dip underneath and the OL ends up with his arm around the DL neck because he doesn't move his hands. Nearly every pass play you can see this exact scenario unfold with a block. It is only called if the guy with ball runs right past that block. Other wise they don't call it.