Jay Gruden wants RGIII gone -"multiple unnamed sources"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
3....2.....1 until Jay Gruden or someone in the Skins organization denies this. Florio has been pounding the drum all season that the team should change its name, so PFT could just be stirring the pot.....again. If true however this would indicate some serious dysfunction in the organization.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-jay-gruden-wants-rg3-gone/

Report: Jay Gruden wants RG3 gone
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptbmntdmotmwm2jkyjmxmmjiytgymjzknzvmndq5ztkx-e1416429874915.jpeg
AP

Washington coach Jay Gruden thinks Robert Griffin III cares more about his personal brand than about learning to become an NFL quarterback, and as a result Gruden wants Griffin gone from the franchise.

That’s the word from Jason Reid of the Washington Post, who reports that Gruden feels strongly that the franchise must part ways with Griffin. Gruden benched Griffin for Colt McCoy not only because Gruden believes that’s the right thing for the franchise this season, but because he believes Griffin is not, and will not be, the long-term answer.

The report cites multiple unnamed sources as saying that Gruden is done with Griffin, that Gruden believes Griffin is fundamentally lacking in the kind of pocket presence an NFL quarterback needs, and that Gruden thinks Griffin makes decisions off the field that are motivated by “enhancing his brand” rather than by improving as a quarterback.

How dead-set against coaching Griffin is Gruden? So much so, according to the report, that “Gruden may have to come up with an exit strategy even faster than Mike Shanahan did” if owner Dan Snyder and General Manager Bruce Allen refuse to trade Griffin in the offseason.

In other words, Gruden may be at the point where he’s giving Snyder and Allen an ultimatum: It’s Griffin or me.

Ultimately, whether or not Griffin remains in Washington beyond this season will be Snyder’s call. It is, after all, his football team, and Snyder has never been a hands-off owner. But if Snyder isn’t willing to part with Griffin, he may have little choice but to part with his head coach. Again.

Which means the situation in Washington, which looked late last season like it couldn’t have gotten any worse, has indeed gotten worse.

VilleDeal

UDFA
3....2.....1 until Jay Gruden or someone in the Skins organization denies this. Florio has been pounding the drum all season that the team should change its name, so PFT could just be stirring the pot.....again. If true however this would indicate some serious dysfunction in the organization.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/04/report-jay-gruden-wants-rg3-gone/

Report: Jay Gruden wants RG3 gone
Posted by Michael David Smith on December 4, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptbmntdmotmwm2jkyjmxmmjiytgymjzknzvmndq5ztkx-e1416429874915.jpeg
AP

Washington coach Jay Gruden thinks Robert Griffin III cares more about his personal brand than about learning to become an NFL quarterback, and as a result Gruden wants Griffin gone from the franchise.

That’s the word from Jason Reid of the Washington Post, who reports that Gruden feels strongly that the franchise must part ways with Griffin. Gruden benched Griffin for Colt McCoy not only because Gruden believes that’s the right thing for the franchise this season, but because he believes Griffin is not, and will not be, the long-term answer.

The report cites multiple unnamed sources as saying that Gruden is done with Griffin, that Gruden believes Griffin is fundamentally lacking in the kind of pocket presence an NFL quarterback needs, and that Gruden thinks Griffin makes decisions off the field that are motivated by “enhancing his brand” rather than by improving as a quarterback.

How dead-set against coaching Griffin is Gruden? So much so, according to the report, that “Gruden may have to come up with an exit strategy even faster than Mike Shanahan did” if owner Dan Snyder and General Manager Bruce Allen refuse to trade Griffin in the offseason.

In other words, Gruden may be at the point where he’s giving Snyder and Allen an ultimatum: It’s Griffin or me.

Ultimately, whether or not Griffin remains in Washington beyond this season will be Snyder’s call. It is, after all, his football team, and Snyder has never been a hands-off owner. But if Snyder isn’t willing to part with Griffin, he may have little choice but to part with his head coach. Again.

Which means the situation in Washington, which looked late last season like it couldn’t have gotten any worse, has indeed gotten worse.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That trade could go down as the most lopsided trade in history.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd say yes...to Jay Gruden as an offensive coordinator. Hell no to RGMe.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
please don't say it.... the answer is NO

Lol, that would be the irony of all ironies. Imagine all those picks and we ended up with him for a late rounder.

Then imagine him resurrecting his career and leading us to a super bowl. I think skins fans would want to hang somebody if that happened. :ROFLMAO:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm so torn on this, it's so delicious on so many levels. It's like the 9 layer dip of "fuck you you fucking asshole Snyder".

If Snyder dumps Gruden what coach with any horsepower is going to even return his calls when he starts looking for a new HC. If he dumps Griffin does that force him to fire the GM who did the deal? If Griffin goes somewhere else after being cut and plays well then they all look like fools. If he comes here as @snackdaddy (love that story about the name btw) suggests and plays well and gets the Rams to the SB then WASH fans will want blood.

There are SO many tasty possibilities to make Snyder the Walking Turd look like a bigger twat than he ever has. I almost wish we could fast forward through time to see what happens.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out RGme is a locker room cancer and most of the team doesn't like him.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Alright, alright, alright, hear me out....

Griffen is a troubled player of whom needs a change of scenery badly. He's extremely talented and has had proven success. He would not get thrown into the fire immediately, maybe ever. He'd come in, back up Sam, get his mechanics un-freaked, and be a part of a winning locker room. That would then get his mind unfreaked. Washington is a disaster.

Now with that said, his additude and media circus scare the heck out of me. I would do it, though, because not having a quality QB behind Sam scares me more. I want somebody with real potential.

I'd do it... reluctantantly. I don't think this guy could divide our locker room, but IDK. Locker room is a sensitive thing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think we've heard enough to believe Schotty's offense is a more difficult one to learn. If Griffin can't succeed in a basic offense tailored to him, he'd not be able to do it here.

In fact, unless he gets his head on straight he won't do it anywhere.

FRO

Legend
Teams figured out how to stop the read option. RGIII never was able to adapt his game. He can't play in the pocket because he can't read a defense and his mechanics suck. Add on to that he is a locker room cancer. So he can't play and his teammates hate him. I would pass.

Also when talking about RGIII it has to make you wonder how Mariota/Hundley will fare. QBs now are asked to make plays from the pocket since all the running has lead to QBs getting injured. Can those guys read a defense? Can they go through progressions? In the NFL your first read isn't always open. We see the struggles of RGIII and Kaepernick trying to adjust to being pocket guys. That has to be considered with Mariota and Hundley.