Jay Gruden As Rams OC?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been hearing some talking heads bouncing the idea of Jay Gruden coming to LA as Rams Offensive Cordinator.
Jay and Sean have a long history together and are good buddies. Rams currently have no OC as McVay calls all the plays.

I wouldn't be adverse to Jay coming to the Rams. Right now I think Sean could use some help on offense, Jay has been around a lot longer than Sean.

Real possibility or just talk?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IMO, Not sure the Sean McVay would give up play calling, however, if he ever did, Jay Gruden would be his guy.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't think he'll be an official OC, but more of another mind to collaborate offense schemes with. McVay is not going to give up play calling abilities and I don't think Jay would settle for just a figure head position with the OC title like Lafleur did.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Shane Waldron and Aaron Kromer are our offensive coordinators. I don't think we need another chef in the kitchen.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK Jay well, but Sean did a great job at Washington when he was there. I think Sean suffers to keep perspective when calling plays while being head coach. Could Jay help him be a bit more run balanced during the heat of the battle. The secret to good defenses is to make you one dimensional...we have made that too easy. If Jay could help us with this issue, I would be open to a role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think his gameplanning acumen and experience would help us. Really hope he joins us.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Has anyone been watching the Foreskins offense since McVay left?

Pass.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Jay Gruden could be a good O Consultant, he seemed to have success on O everywhere he coached, until recently. He could definitely help get the juices flowing as a sounding board for McVay during game planning. But as mentioned I dont think McVay would turn over play calling duties, not sure I would want him to.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Never mind the added football mind in the room.
Dunno if he could have mcvay as a boss after he was his boss. Could be a conflict of interest.

bluecoconuts

Legend
My guess is he'd go to the Raiders before us, but I wouldn't mind if it he wanted to be a consultant or something for offense.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Shane Waldron and Aaron Kromer are our offensive coordinators. I don't think we need another chef in the kitchen.
I think Kromers plate is a lil over filled ATM. Let him focus on the O-line

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Been hearing some talking heads bouncing the idea of Jay Gruden coming to LA as Rams Offensive Cordinator.
Jay and Sean have a long history together and are good buddies. Rams currently have no OC as McVay calls all the plays.

I wouldn't be adverse to Jay coming to the Rams. Right now I think Sean could use some help on offense, Jay has been around a lot longer than Sean.

Real possibility or just talk?
We will be fine with or without him but I'm never opposed to bringing in more good coaches.

Sorry bubba I didn't meant to quote or direct that to you. My bad man.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
McVay suffers from the smartest guy in the room syndrome and will never give up his OC job.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The talking heads are a bit slow on the uptake. We talked about that here, as soon as Jay was fired.
I could have sworn this was already discussed.

My guess is he'd go to the Raiders before us, but I wouldn't mind if it he wanted to be a consultant or something for offense.
Not sure where he fits. Oakland has Greg Roman as OC with Tom Cable coaching the o-line.