Jason Peters anyone???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stump23

Rookie
Just wondering if a: Peters would be interested in signing to a team friendly deal to stay in the league? b: work with whitworth as another mentor for the young group? c: is our cap situation even in position to entertain this idea? d: would we even be interested in him?

Thoughts?

In my opinion, it seems like you can never have enough veteran presence in the locker room.

Paydirt

UDFA
Just wondering if a: Peters would be interested in signing to a team friendly deal to stay in the league? b: work with whitworth as another mentor for the young group? c: is our cap situation even in position to entertain this idea? d: would we even be interested in him?

Thoughts?

In my opinion, it seems like you can never have enough veteran presence in the locker room.

Paydirt

UDFA
Not only him ...... but that Pro Bowl guard , New Orleans just cut. Would jump on both of em' don't know what the hell we're waiting for !!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If we could afford him fuck yes I'd bring him in. But I doubt that is the case.

How about we trade Everett for a C/G to deepen our options on the interior and more competition in camp. That would make me feel better too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we could afford him fuck yes I'd bring him in. But I doubt that is the case.

How about we trade Everett for a C/G to deepen our options on the interior and more competition in camp. That would make me feel better too.
We need Khalil Mack on a team friendly deal...

Ram65

Legend
It doesn't make sense to sign another 38-year-old Left Tackle. I don't see him changing positions. Locally the radio shows think the Eagles will make him an offer.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not only him ...... but that Pro Bowl guard , New Orleans just cut. Would jump on both of em' don't know what the hell we're waiting for !!

I don’t think they have the cap space for either Peters or Warford.

As far as Peters goes, he and Whitworth are career Left Tackles. Not sure either could, or even should, change positions in the twilight of terrific careers.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Interesting comment in a thread about a 9 time pro bowl undrafted free agent. Who knew OLine could be good if they came after the first or second round :)

Peter's was a gamble. He wasn't a Lineman in college. He was a Tight End I believe. Sometimes those things workout but it's certainly not the norm.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Peter's was a gamble. He wasn't a Lineman in college. He was a Tight End I believe. Sometimes those things workout but it's certainly not the norm.
He was a TE in college after being recruited as a DT. My point still stands the comment was it would be nice to draft an OLine high in a thread about Peters who wasn't drafted and wasn't also an OT in college. To knock a team for not spending high picks on OLine is fine but realize lower picks and UDFA can become very good players, if given the chance which a lot of people around here seem to not want to do most of the time.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I've called for Peters for along time now. I believe he played for 3.5 million last year. That being said he is still playing at an elite level. I believe he actually might be playing at a higher level than big whit. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have another veteran not only to mentor but injury protection. In all honesty I'd also like someone who could slide all over the line and Cordy Glenn would fit nicely with a rejuvenated solid team no bad blood and could be had cheaply. You could probably bring both in for a grand total of 5-7 million combined and each a one year deal. Warford would be more expensive but rt now the Rams can't even afford footballs. So probably a moot point.