Jason La C-word fora hearing buzz that Peat and Scherff go 8 and 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry to be a buzzkill but I couldn't leave that word in the title. It may seem oddly hypocritical but that word doesn't sit well with me even though I cuss like a sailor. I'd actually rather not see curse words in titles at all. Doesn't mean I give a fuck if they are in the body of a post though.

If anyone has a real problem with it, let us know. A couple of us just thought it was a little unnecessary.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'd take a potentially-game changing defensive end over a potentially game-changing linebacker

There's no distinction between the two. Both are edge rushers. You're drafting them to do the same job.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's no distinction between the two. Both are edge rushers. You're drafting them to do the same job.

Same job, different responsibilities.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same job, different responsibilities.

Yea...it's easier as an undersized player to handle the run responsibilities as a 3-4 OLB than it is as a 4-3 DE. Which is why Ray and Beasley are both better off in either the 3-4 OLB role or the 4-3 LEO role.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Based on a few bits that I read over the last few months, Ray could fall out of the top ten. Some scouts don't like him as much as the media. I am guessing the teams of those scouts probably agree.

I agree that he has to be cast in a certain role to succeed. I don't see him as a LDE in a 4/3.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If there's any truth to those rumors it would not surprise me to see Snead work a move-up from 10 to get in front of them.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sort of right? Didn't he say that the Eagles got our 2016 second round pick and fourth round pick?

Not sure. But he seemed to report on the potential of Bradford being available for trade prior to any other media person I read.

Athos

Legend
I don't see Ray fitting in the 4-3 except the LEO spot in certain schemes. Regardless, I just don't see it. He has some issues on the field and didn't test as well as expected. If Fowler Jr. and Beasley are both gone, he stands a much stronger chance though.

Gotta agree. Ray won't have the same type of career in a 4-3 as he would in a 3-4. He's built for a 3-4 and built for the same kind of role that Von Miller players. Ray has an elite motor and great hand moves already. ATL will/should go D, though O-line is a good possibility.

I'd be fine with those two going top 10. Drop Cooper to us. Still plenty of quality interior line goes left at that point.

I do wish they would make a decision on Barks soon. Or a Blalock.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta agree. Ray won't have the same type of career in a 4-3 as he would in a 3-4. He's built for a 3-4 and built for the same kind of role that Von Miller players. Ray has an elite motor and great hand moves already. ATL will/should go D, though O-line is a good possibility.

I'd be fine with those two going top 10. Drop Cooper to us. Still plenty of quality interior line goes left at that point.

I do wish they would make a decision on Barks soon. Or a Blalock.

Yep to me its key to sign one of the two. We gotta fill at least one of the holes so if one of the WRs do fall to us we can take them. If they don't they gotta go Oline in the first and again in the 2nd or 3rd.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not sure. But he seemed to report on the potential of Bradford being available for trade prior to any other media person I read.

Everyone knew that he was available; they just didn't know if his contract would prevent teams from getting him.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Ray and Beasley are NOT a prototypical 4-3 DE's. If the Rams were to go DE in the top 10 they better get someone that fits the prototype as a 4-3 DE like Quinn, or in the Carter/Long mold. Fowler is the only one of the top edge rushers worthy of a top 10 pick for the Rams 4-3 scheme. Beasley Ray and Gregory would all be reaches at 10 (IMO) because of scheme fit. If the best offensive options are gone (QB's White, Cooper & OL) at 10 and a trade down is not there I would rather see the Rams get Shelton or Waynes at 10 than one of those 3 (Beasley Ray and Gregory). Some say Bud Dupree may also be in the conversation and I would be wary of him being chosen that high, but at least he would be better fit in the 4-3 than the tweeners mentioned above.

In know each team rates players differently but if a pass-rusher needy team like the Falcons decides to pass on one of the 3-4 scheme fit guys like Beasley, Ray or Gregory it would concern me if the Rams grabbed one of them two picks later, especially considering the talent at other positions that will likely be there.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Everyone knew that he was available; they just didn't know if his contract would prevent teams from getting him.

Oh. I didn't. All I heard over and over again was that Bradford was their QB and how he wasn't available or given the opportunity to seek a trade.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, I heard what Memphis heard. Canfora's not perfect but I think he does a decent job. As long as people are stating that what they are reporting are rumors I don't have a terrible issue with it. I do think rumors where character are concerned are more disturbing (ala Dez Bryant).