Jared had a off day.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, he did have an off day, which just speaks to the player he's become.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
300 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and people think he had an off day? SMH.
You are missing the point. He looked a little shaky at times, missed open guys ect. And still had 300 and 3. We have come a long way to have our QB look like that and still have a good stat day.
Remember Kieth Null and the rest of the has beens and never was back there ?

Ellard80

Legend
300 yards, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions, and people think he had an off day? SMH.

That's how good he is.

Also we struggled on offense for nearly the entire first half... it was certainly not just on Goff - but he did get rattled.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
This was a weird game. It flashed me back to the SuperBowl against the Pat's where the refs allowed a lot of holding on Ram WRs...it just wasn't as much.

The key was after the half the OLine was able to handle the blitz.

It seem like Goff was struggling but the fact was GB was doing a good job disturbing pass routes. When Goff had time he was still hitting on deep strikes...and McVay finally called some plays where Goff could get on the move and buy time.

I'm glad Goff had a game like this. He was unflappable and made good decisions even throwing the ball away when plays didn't develop.

Bring on the Saints...it's gonna be a great game!

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
You are missing the point. He looked a little shaky at times, missed open guys ect. And still had 300 and 3. We have come a long way to have our QB look like that and still have a good stat day.
Remember Kieth Null and the rest of the has beens and never was back there ?

I’ll see your Keith Null and raise you a Tony Banks.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This was a weird game. It flashed me back to the SuperBowl against the Pat's where the refs allowed a lot of holding on Ram WRs...it just wasn't as much.

Screen shot of txt between me and a buddy during the game. I saw the same damn thing.

Screenshot_20181030-131355_Message+.jpg

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are missing the point. He looked a little shaky at times, missed open guys ect. And still had 300 and 3.

Goff looked shaky? He was sacked 5 times, and was hit a lot more than that. It's not like he had all day to sit back there and wait for receivers to get open. How quickly we get used to 465 yards passing and 5 TD's!

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
He's so good. It's impressive how well his stat line looks considering he was getting rushed and hit all day.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
In one of the interviews it was mentioned that GB was doing stuff that the Rams hadn't seen on any tape going back all the way to preseason. In other words, GB game-planned the sh*t out of this game and it had the Rams a bit confused. While it took a little bit of time, the Rams...hats off to the coaching staff and the players...deciphered it and countered it.

The Rams won despite a slow start and with some very generous non calls that favored the Packers. But this game might have been HUGE for the Rams and McVay to learn from. In the playoffs, you might face a team that out game plans you in the beginning and you might have a slow start. Overcoming that is what great teams do.

To be able to overcome that and adjust and still win the game is something the Rams will need to do in order to get through the playoffs. This game might turn out to be a blessing for the Rams.

TexasRam

Legend
Some of Goff’s throws were elite level condidence throws.

The 20 or so yard TD to Reynolds was a ballsy throw between two defenders where Jared Really ripped the ball with extra velocity.

The deep slants to Woods, same thing. Laser throws with pinpoint accuracy into the teeth of the defense.

Watch how Goff goes quickly goes
progessions, it’s elite level stuff.

The percentage of tight windows Goff throws into is unmatched. They showed a stat on Mahomes and how few tight windows he throws into, i can’t remember the exact stat but it was something like 1/4 of what Goff throws into.

The Goff to Gurley connection is really getting Dangerous.