Jared Goff to throw first pitch at Dodgers game on Monday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ared Goff to throw first pitch at Dodgers game on Monday
By Nick Wagoner

[espn.go.com]

OXNARD, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff will get his first chance to show off his right arm to Los Angeles fans on Monday night as he throws the first pitch at the Los Angeles Dodgers' game against the Colorado Rockies at Dodger Stadium.

CkNeKlBUkAAI2cE.jpg

Los Angeles Rams @RamsNFL
Jared Goff's arm will be tested tomorrow at Dodger Stadium.
First pitch at 7:10 p.m. PT

As a noted fan of the San Francisco Giants, Goff has faced no shortage of questions about his baseball allegiance since the Rams used the No. 1 overall pick on him in April. Goff has said all the right things to appease his new southern California fan base and alleviate their concerns that their new quarterback is a fan of the hated Giants.

After the draft, he was asked if he'd become a Dodgers fan.

"We'll see," Goff said then. "That's what I just told the fans, I said we'll see. It's going to be kind of a growing process, we'll see what happens. I'm open. I'm not going to shut it down."

Goff, who grew up in Novato, Calif., about 30 miles north of San Francisco, also drew some attention for a tweet he sent in 2013, saying "I really hope Yasiel Puig gets a fastball in his ribs tomorrow."

Puig, an outfielder for the Dodgers who was placed on the disabled list with a strained hamstring over the weekend, responded to Goff's tweet after the Rams drafted him by welcoming him to Los Angeles and inviting him to a game. Goff said at the time that he would take Puig up on the offer.

If Goff needs a catcher, his father would make a good candidate. Jerry Goff spent small parts of six seasons playing catcher for the Montreal Expos, Pittsburgh Pirates and Houston Astros after he was picked in the third round by the Seattle Mariners in the third round of the 1986 draft.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If I was Goff, I'd throw a wild pitch WAY over the catchers head just to see the (over)reaction from press and others.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Throw it left handed Goff! We don't need no Tommy John surgery yet!;)

jap

Legend
I want to know if he will sidestep an imaginary pass rush before pumping one right down the middle of the strike zone.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
with a valley girl laugh track giggle, for added "touch".

Can't quite work out who is throwing the ball. Is it that pop star ariana something or other? Looks like a play doll. Causes pants to catch fire.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
If accuracy throwing a football is his forte, you would think he could throw a strike with a baseball..If he bounces one up there, I'll want a mulligan on the #1 pick !!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love the Baba Booey pitch^^^. They still clown his ass on the show for that one....

SierraRam

Recreational User
After suffering through 2 months of the Dodgers' rocky horror pitching show, don't be surprised if Jared's offered a contract and slides into the #2 spot in the rotation behind Kershaw.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
After suffering through 2 months of the Dodgers' rocky horror pitching show, don't be surprised if Jared's offered a contract and slides into the #2 spot in the rotation behind Kershaw.
Good one!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Puig will in fact be catching the first pitch tonight.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can't quite work out who is throwing the ball. Is it that pop star ariana something or other? Looks like a play doll. Causes pants to catch fire.

ahh man, i just found out it was mariah carey. now i have to go and wash my eyes out to disinfect them.