Jared Goff should begin on bench

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
bb7876c330cf1ba33f8eb91597ef4c681559c4abc72e56790d0d50aec7ad8b6a.jpg

why-you-always-lying-feat.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't hold back LOL

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Goff took a beating as a freshman on a 1-11 team, he grew from that. Goff improved each year at Cal, as did the team around him, IMO the Rams OL is much better than any Goff had at Cal, as long as Goff shows that he can decifer what the D is doing he should start. I don't think the playbook will be a problem for him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I had an issue with Jared Goff the other day.I was in the stands,and watching some live action right in front of me about 3 yards of the ball. I was sitting next to a couple fans.One was an Eagles fan that didn't really know players.They asked a couple questions about certain things. It was cool just watching &'talking.
I noticed Jared Goff coming up a little lame.He rolled out & seemed to be favoring his right(knee)leg after that.I told those guys he just tweaked his right leg.
I believe he just miss stepped on a pass rush from his blind side while rolling out.It effected him the rest of practice. The defense & learning process also didn't help.That is just my image of watching practice.I now believe it to be more true only because of the way he has practiced the last 2 practices from reports,& also the way he looked passing the ball before that.
I could be totally wrong , but this Phillynfan was like look at his((Jared's) legs . They are skinny.Inwas like no.Then I saw the roll out when I think he tweaked it a little bit.I was watching the ball & pass on the out from the far side away from the stands .He tried to picture it in.From the corner of my eyes he rushed the throw as a DE would have sacked him ??
--I watched him run about 10 plays watching his leg. It looked like he was favoring it.I also thought he was going to say something to one of the coaches.He was playing through it.When he talked to a coach he never mentioned anything about it.
I could be way off,but Intold those guys about it. I then moved around as the drills changed.I also was thinking before that in my mind he was going to be the starter DAY 1. Then as practice went on Case played really well & was fired up during practice.I know I got into his head a little because he kepted Jacked Up.The reason I say that is because he started to clap & sort just said let's go out of nowhere.When he thought the team was slowing down. I loved that leadership.
I walked away from practice really impressed by Case,& not so much from Jared. I look back & think about that play with Goff. I think it effected his play and he did tweak his knee a little.Now in my mind Jared might be ready to flash in the preseason. Mind you we have not seen a preseason game.
I just heard Case in an interview and he said he didn't have his best practice.He plays through emotions & confidence . Wenke has them warm up on simple drills,but it starts off on mechanics
.---Anyway that was just my food for thought. Take it all as a grain of salt. I want to get out to practice Thursday.I can get a fresh view & see who stands out . ***Speaking of Todd Gurley is a special player & he flashes BIG TIME in 11 on 11. True super star.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...elding-rams-starting-job-to-rookie-jared-goff
Case Keenum not yielding Rams' starting job to rookie Jared Goff

IRVINE, Calif. -- Case Keenum knows what you’re thinking. He knows what everyone is thinking.

That he’s the temporary stand-in as the Los Angeles Rams' quarterback before the starting spot is handed over to No. 1 draft pick Jared Goff. That he’s this adequate player who can hold down the position until the Golden Boy is ready to ascend the throne.

“I know what people are saying, but there are only a few opinions that really matter,” Keenum said. “Mine is one and the coaches are one.”

i

Keenum has nothing against Goff. He likes him. He’s just not ready to hand over the starting position he only seized the last final five games of last season. No ready to wave the white flag, but to compete.

“I’m putting up blinders, man,” he said. “I’m not worried about anything. I’m in a great spot for myself. Whatever happens is going to happen. I understand other people have to do their jobs, but I’m going to go and do my job.”

Keenum has done nothing in camp to surrender his starting spot. He continues to take all reps with the starting offense. He clearly acts like the man in charge. His passing has been sharp and his experience obvious.

If Goff’s ascension seems inevitable, Keenum is not ready to hand it over. Goff is going to have to grasp it. And 10 days into camp, Keenum’s play is making that difficult.

“He’s very athletic,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said. “He can run around and make plays. He knows what to do. He knows where to go with it.

“And he’s great in the huddle. If there’s a negative play, he’s put it behind him before he calls the next play in the huddle. He’s a very positive influence on the offense.”

Keenum, 28, has looked and practiced like a starting quarterback. His play has appeared right on point.

“I don’t know if I’m ever going to tell you I’m right on point,” he said. “There’s always a little bit better I can be, more accurate I can be, better decisions to be made.

“Today I didn’t feel great about how we operated on offense, specifically myself. But I feel like camp has been really good. I feel like offensively we’ve really done some good things and we’ve learned and we’ve grown, which is exciting to see.”

Still, the fans chant Goff’s name, respond to his every completion, anoint him before he’s taken a single NFL snap.

Keenum keeps the blinders on tightly and takes comfort that so much of the media scrutiny falls on Goff and not himself.

“This is the first time all camp I’ve talked to you guys,” he said. “It’s great. I get to go in and take care of my arm and some other things. I mean, Jared has people all over him.

“That’s fine, it is what it is. I understand. I’m not sensitive. I have thick skin. I’m going to be who I am no matter what.”

And right now, that’s the Rams’ starting quarterback.

jap

Legend

Fisher may provide somewhat stock answers when the media is pressuring him for input. However, I believe he draws on his experience as a former player and current coach and goes with his gut in pre-game decisions. Good coaches tend to err on the side of preserving a player's health (including mental/emotional health) when deciding whether to insert a young promising rookie into high speed [for the young player] game flow. I usually feel very good about his decision-making in these situations.

jap

Legend
The coaches will be monitoring everything they can think of with respect to Jerad this pre-season. They know that his sheer talent can eventually be a huge difference maker in team wins. I personally want him to start as early as he is ready. He will never be quite ready as it is as there must be a certain level of learning on the job. However, he needs to fully appreciate what having a thoroughbred like the Gurley Express! can do to elevate his game. I especially look forward to seeing Jerad reach the point where he can blend sheer arm strength & touch to find tiny Tavon deep amongst the [relatively speaking] DB trees. That! will be a very sad day for opposing NFL DC's!!!

I hope the members here do not get too excited when they see Jerad performing well against the pre-season's plain vanilla defenses. How he performs against the regular season's defenses is what will determine how close he is to becoming a legitimate NFL starter.