Jared Goff QB Cal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's the guy this year. There are some talented guys out there worth developing but Goff is THE guy. I am hoping that he'll fall like Bridgewater because he is thin and doesn't have a cannon.

But he throws WRs open, is comfortable in the pocket, and has outstanding accuracy.

This is a play that shows much of what he offers:
EmptySeriousJellyfish.gif

You see him start right, come back left, and then finally throw to the middle of the field. That's a college QB going through his progressions. You see poise in the pocket, toughness knowing he's going to take a hit, and the ability to throw his WR open.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I have seen him a couple of times this year. Like what I see so far. I like his accuracy and footwork. Hard to tell sometimes but it does look like he is going through his progressions which tells me he can read a defense and its not just a fling and zing QB.

I have seen a lot of Chad Kelly too at Ole Miss. Hopefully Freeze is getting through to him, because he looks pretty good so far.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
@Tron gave me the heads up on him and I only watched one game, against Washington, but I saw everything you said, he looked fantastic. I have to check him out more, but I'd be very willing to take him in the 1st round. I think we need to seriously consider the QB position in this draft. I like Foles, but he's probably not "the franchise". Goff could be.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's clearly going to the first team who needs a quarterback, if not number one overall.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Would love to have this kid. Has Peyton Manning feet.

He's clearly going to the first team who needs a quarterback, if not number one overall.

Agree. Only way he doesnt go #1 is if whoever is selecting already has a QB.

Stel

Starter
Color me not convinced. I'll keep watching, but at this point I'm not sure he should leave school.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Color me not convinced. I'll keep watching, but at this point I'm not sure he should leave school.

Go on. ;)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

He absolutely should leave school. He's literally the best quarterback I've seen since Luck. Better than Bradford was coming out. This kid is the real deal.

spamlord

Rookie
He's the guy this year. There are some talented guys out there worth developing but Goff is THE guy. I am hoping that he'll fall like Bridgewater because he is thin and doesn't have a cannon.

But he throws WRs open, is comfortable in the pocket, and has outstanding accuracy.

You see him start right, come back left, and then finally throw to the middle of the field. That's a college QB going through his progressions. You see poise in the pocket, toughness knowing he's going to take a hit, and the ability to throw his WR open.
Last year, he was splitting time. Shitty OLine too--took his lumps.
I like the way he's come on every year a little stronger.
Yeah, the thin body will get him comparisons to Bradford.

spamlord

Rookie

Last year, he was splitting time. Shitty OLine too--took his lumps.
I like the way he's come on every year a little stronger.
Yeah, the thin body will get him comparisons to Bradford.

FRO

Legend

Would you be willing to trade our first and both seconds to get him?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I miss the days when my team wasn't looking for a QB every year. I can't recall any time that the Rams were set at QB for a long run with guys like Rodgers, Brady, etc. Bulger was the most recent but the Rams got about 6 good years from him. Warner could have been the guy minus injury. I thought Everrett looked like he was going to be that kind of QB. They juggled QBs constantly through the 70's and 90's. Thinking they were set at QB was a wonderful feeling.

Will we ever have it happen?