Jared Goff on You Never Know Podcast (1:31:48)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Jared Goff was on the You Never Know Podcast the other day and there is a lot of really cool information in it. I listened to it on the way to and from work today, lots of great stuff.

Some of the stuff he talks about:

Little about college football, talks about his mindset, basically how he's even keeled. After his interception in the NFCCG apparently Goff basically didn't react at all, like it didn't even matter, didn't let it change his game or mindset. Talk about ice in his veins, people talking about Goff like he doesn't have that trait have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

Goes into the draft process a bit, talks about the Rams trading up for him (he was in Philly and couldn't fall asleep after hearing about the Rams trading up for him because he wanted to get drafted by LA but didn't think he'd fall to 15 to us), talks about the actual draft, media, etc.

Goes into what it was like with Hard Knocks, you can tell he's not happy with how they portrayed him, something Fisher alluded to as well recently), also talks about how the same crews were around for All or Nothing, so basically from the draft to the end of his rookie season he was being filmed. Mentioned how it was harder as well because they were struggling.

Talks a little about McVay, the last two seasons, talks a bit about the MNF game against the chiefs, stuff like that.

Goes into a his relationship a little bit, talks about his girlfriend and his family, the routine, etc.

They get into some really good stuff in the second half as well, they cover the Super Bowl, Goff talks about his mindset after the game, takes responsibility for the loss, says he didn't play well, basically if you're totally honest with yourself that's how you learn. This was probably the most impressive part of the interview (which really just sounds like two guys shooting the shit, easy listen), he talks about how McVay is the same way, they're basically of the same mindset, take onus on what you did wrong, take responsibility, don't look for excuses (like the Saints did for example) just look at yourself, and what you did, be honest and learn from it. Says that McVay doing that makes it easier for him to do it, which makes it easier for other players and it trickles down. If you think about it, we've seen examples of that before with Gurley after the NFCCG and Marcus Peters after the first Saints game. Both of them were unhappy with their play and were point blank about it, said they played like shit.

Goff mentions how he knows the media doesn't like it when they do that because it doesn't give them a story and that's what they want.

Talks about him and McVay's relationship has been evolving and how much they have left to grow still. Says he's starting to get to the point where he has a good understanding of what is going on and is usually able to figure out the play call before McVay gives it to him (this is huge in my opinion, means that Goff is starting to see the field like McVay does, and we know how good he see's it), talks about how he and McVay want to stay together their entire careers. Talks a little about what makes McVay so amazing, says he's the best listener he's ever seen, so there's always an open dialog. If he or other players have an idea or see something a certain way they can tell him and he will either agree with you and look to expand or go with it, or he'll disagree and explain to you why that is so at the end of it everyone is on the same page. McVay has touched a little on this in previous interviews as well, talks about how Goff came to him in the NFCCG and said he wanted to try a specific play against a look because he thought it would work, and later on when the opportunity arose they got a timely completion to Cooks for a first down.

Talks a little about what he does to wind down as well, says that he wants to have a family some day but right now he doesn't have any desire to travel or anything because all he wants to do is win a Super Bowl. Between that and how he talks about the previous Super Bowl, you can tell that our boy is real hungry.

All in all a great interview. I was just going off the top of my head, so things are in different orders and there is stuff I'm missing for sure, but I was impressed.

We're in really good hands, the interview really impressed me. I wish the media would sit down and give it a listen because they'd probably change their minds on Goff really soon. People who don't think he has the potential to be a top 3 QB or even the best QB in the NFL should listen to it so they can understand why they're wrong.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I think this is why Goff's new contract won't be a franchise killer...He knows the value of keeping pieces in place, it's not about him and squeezing every possible dime he can get...imho

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jared's parents should be proud, he's a good, well-grounded young man. Really enjoyed that interview, one of the best and most candid I have seen thanks for putting it up. (y)

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great listen! Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure! I may do some light transcribing over the more interesting stuff they talk about since it's a long interview and the real juicy stuff is mixed in with some filler, and I wouldn't mind listening again for stuff I missed.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

DrVXRHuVsAA63I7.jpg

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Jared Goff was on the You Never Know Podcast the other day and there is a lot of really cool information in it. I listened to it on the way to and from work today, lots of great stuff.

Some of the stuff he talks about:

Little about college football, talks about his mindset, basically how he's even keeled. After his interception in the NFCCG apparently Goff basically didn't react at all, like it didn't even matter, didn't let it change his game or mindset. Talk about ice in his veins, people talking about Goff like he doesn't have that trait have absolutely no clue what they're talking about.

Goes into the draft process a bit, talks about the Rams trading up for him (he was in Philly and couldn't fall asleep after hearing about the Rams trading up for him because he wanted to get drafted by LA but didn't think he'd fall to 15 to us), talks about the actual draft, media, etc.

Goes into what it was like with Hard Knocks, you can tell he's not happy with how they portrayed him, something Fisher alluded to as well recently), also talks about how the same crews were around for All or Nothing, so basically from the draft to the end of his rookie season he was being filmed. Mentioned how it was harder as well because they were struggling.

Talks a little about McVay, the last two seasons, talks a bit about the MNF game against the chiefs, stuff like that.

Goes into a his relationship a little bit, talks about his girlfriend and his family, the routine, etc.

They get into some really good stuff in the second half as well, they cover the Super Bowl, Goff talks about his mindset after the game, takes responsibility for the loss, says he didn't play well, basically if you're totally honest with yourself that's how you learn. This was probably the most impressive part of the interview (which really just sounds like two guys shooting the crap, easy listen), he talks about how McVay is the same way, they're basically of the same mindset, take onus on what you did wrong, take responsibility, don't look for excuses (like the Saints did for example) just look at yourself, and what you did, be honest and learn from it. Says that McVay doing that makes it easier for him to do it, which makes it easier for other players and it trickles down. If you think about it, we've seen examples of that before with Gurley after the NFCCG and Marcus Peters after the first Saints game. Both of them were unhappy with their play and were point blank about it, said they played like crap.

Goff mentions how he knows the media doesn't like it when they do that because it doesn't give them a story and that's what they want.

Talks about him and McVay's relationship has been evolving and how much they have left to grow still. Says he's starting to get to the point where he has a good understanding of what is going on and is usually able to figure out the play call before McVay gives it to him (this is huge in my opinion, means that Goff is starting to see the field like McVay does, and we know how good he see's it), talks about how he and McVay want to stay together their entire careers. Talks a little about what makes McVay so amazing, says he's the best listener he's ever seen, so there's always an open dialog. If he or other players have an idea or see something a certain way they can tell him and he will either agree with you and look to expand or go with it, or he'll disagree and explain to you why that is so at the end of it everyone is on the same page. McVay has touched a little on this in previous interviews as well, talks about how Goff came to him in the NFCCG and said he wanted to try a specific play against a look because he thought it would work, and later on when the opportunity arose they got a timely completion to Cooks for a first down.

Talks a little about what he does to wind down as well, says that he wants to have a family some day but right now he doesn't have any desire to travel or anything because all he wants to do is win a Super Bowl. Between that and how he talks about the previous Super Bowl, you can tell that our boy is real hungry.

All in all a great interview. I was just going off the top of my head, so things are in different orders and there is stuff I'm missing for sure, but I was impressed.

We're in really good hands, the interview really impressed me. I wish the media would sit down and give it a listen because they'd probably change their minds on Goff really soon. People who don't think he has the potential to be a top 3 QB or even the best QB in the NFL should listen to it so they can understand why they're wrong.

Just watched it, thanks to you. Man, Goff is just such a genuine, chill dude. Thanks for posting and your comments. I am a big, Goff fan, he will help keep us relevant for a long time.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Great fuckin interview! Thank you for posting, not sure I would have come across it if you didnt.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Look at McVay throwing all over the field, rolling out, firing the ball deep, feathering in screens. Man that McVay is a really fantastic QB.