Jared Goff NFL Throw Miami, Saints......Add Others

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
could someone put up that bogus game changing penalty play called on Cody Davis that gave SF a 1st down and changed the games outcome?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff and Gurley are both key pieces moving forward. I know fans are sweating these two and their play, but it's not all them. Both are pressing, and Goff is learning on the job (i.e. making mistakes here and some nice throws there) while playing behind that line with wideouts running lazy routes and dropping passes.

We won't see what either can do until they get an offensive mind in here who can do the job and add some pieces to this line and wideout corps.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Goff and Gurley are both key pieces moving forward. I know fans are sweating these two and their play, but it's not all them. Both are pressing, and Goff is learning on the job (i.e. making mistakes here and some nice throws there) while playing behind that line with wideouts running lazy routes and dropping passes.

We won't see what either can do until they get an offensive mind in here who can do the job and add some pieces to this line and wideout corps.

Sorry, but I don't agree, we are seeing exactly what they can do right now. Why must excuses be the only explanation? Goff wasn't and still isn't ready to lead this team at a competitive level. And line or no line does not explain why Gurley was not able to perform more effectively, at least at times, at a higher level.....this was not the same player or at least not one readily able to adjust to the pro game once the opposition made their adjustments....this began late last year and continued through out this entire season. OJ Simpson had the same type of feckless OL during his first and second season with Buffalo and yet he still was able to average 3.9 and 4.1 ypc respectively. Oh and the Bills record those two years were 4-10 and 3-10-1 respectively.

The picks wasted on Goff will haunt this team in the near term just as it did with Washington's RGIII folly. This team has already mortgaged its near term future...This team has been bouncing along the bottom of the NFC for far too long, like a bowling ball looking for an ally. I see absolutely nothing that indicates any significant change under the present circumstances.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
could someone put up that bogus game changing penalty play called on Cody Davis that gave SF a 1st down and changed the games outcome?

Bad call, but should have not been that close in the first place and when teams stink calls get put under the microscope. I remember screaming & yelling in the 90's, but then when the Rams had Faulk & company holding would be called the Rams would face 3 & 15 run a draw to Marshall and he would gain 18 yards.

Still a horrendous call though, but the official never saw the hit just the helmet coming off and reacted with a flag. That why I preach don't react make sure you saw the play before you throw a flag.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry, but I don't agree, we are seeing exactly what they can do right now. Why must excuses be the only explanation?

Pretty simple really:

Gurley showed what he can do at this level already. They change coordinators and the OL starts letting penetration through on just about every play and now he can't play? For the millionth time I have read that novel already, and it's titled "Jerome Bettis." Fans going on rants about how he had happy feet in the backfield after a profound rookie season. Well, yes. There were no holes and he was pressing. History cleared that one up though, fortunately for Bettis and unfortunately for us. So excuse me if I hope the team is wiser than the fans calling for TG's head.

Goff is a damn rookie. How many times do we have to point out all the greats and their production their rookie seasons? Outside of Dan Marino list all the QBs you feel were the greatest ever and look at their rookie records and stats. It doesn't really mean much man, the dude is learning while trying to survive behind a bad line with wideouts that can't catch the ball.

If you think those are excuses, well, we'll agree to disagree.

Rambo

UDFA
Im curious to see the tape of that last interception. Im not saying some of it wasn't Goff's fault, but it seems like Quick should have kept going out (heading out of bounds to stop the clock) and to not let the D back get in front of him. It seemed like he just gave up on his route.

Psycho_X

Legend
Im curious to see the tape of that last interception. Im not saying some of it wasn't Goff's fault, but it seems like Quick should have kept going out (heading out of bounds to stop the clock) and to not let the D back get in front of him. It seemed like he just gave up on his route.

Rambo

UDFA
It looks like a bad route. He sees the db there, he has to cut him off and then continue out of bounds. It seems like the type of route you run if you're sure you're not going to get the ball. I guess lazy is the right word. Too bad, they still did have a good chance to win.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It looks like a bad route. He sees the db there, he has to cut him off and then continue out of bounds. It seems like the type of route you run if you're sure you're not going to get the ball. I guess lazy is the right word. Too bad, they still did have a good chance to win.

You're right. It's a horrible route. Based on where Quick started his break, he should have came out of his break at least a yard sooner. If he had dropped his hips and exploded out of his break, he would have crossed Robinson's face for the catch. He made a half-assed cut and then made no effort to try and get to the football. It was both a terrible route and a terrible effort.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Goff is a damn rookie.

How many other "rookie" QB's have outperformed Goff this season.....4 or 5?

Only time will tell whether your expectations are justified.....I have serous doubts.....please check back with me this time next season.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sorry, but I don't agree, we are seeing exactly what they can do right now. Why must excuses be the only explanation? Goff wasn't and still isn't ready to lead this team at a competitive level. And line or no line does not explain why Gurley was not able to perform more effectively, at least at times, at a higher level.....this was not the same player or at least not one readily able to adjust to the pro game once the opposition made their adjustments....this began late last year and continued through out this entire season. OJ Simpson had the same type of feckless OL during his first and second season with Buffalo and yet he still was able to average 3.9 and 4.1 ypc respectively. Oh and the Bills record those two years were 4-10 and 3-10-1 respectively.

The picks wasted on Goff will haunt this team in the near term just as it did with Washington's RGIII folly. This team has already mortgaged its near term future...This team has been bouncing along the bottom of the NFC for far too long, like a bowling ball looking for an ally. I see absolutely nothing that indicates any significant change under the present circumstances.

Did someone put coal in your stocking?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

That was a BS call....nothing but shoulder impact on a guy with a unbuckled chinstrap.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Brian Quick also known as Lazy Mutha Fucka or Lazy Muthafucka

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Running a lazy route like that at a time when you are auditioning for next year ... not a smart move, Quick. He's going to be looking for a job in a few weeks, and with crap like that on film, he can blame nobody but himself.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many other "rookie" QB's have outperformed Goff this season.....4 or 5?

Only time will tell whether your expectations are justified.....I have serous doubts.....please check back with me this time next season.

Those other rookies have entirely different situations. Goff has no running game, wideouts that drop passes and run bad routes, and a line that lets free rushers through like department stores on black friday.

Checking back on this situation next season is what I'm going to do. All I'm saying is let's wait and see what the kid is instead of condemning him as some sort of bust or wasted pick when (1) he has a poor 10 other players around him and (2) even great QBs do not dominate in the NFL in their rookie seasons as a rule. Fans are way too impatient on things like this brother.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those other rookies have entirely different situations. Goff has no running game, wideouts that drop passes and run bad routes, and a line that lets free rushers through like department stores on black friday.

Checking back on this situation next season is what I'm going to do. All I'm saying is let's wait and see what the kid is instead of condemning him as some sort of bust or wasted pick when (1) he has a poor 10 other players around him and (2) even great QBs do not dominate in the NFL in their rookie seasons as a rule. Fans are way too impatient on things like this brother.
So why do Gurley get all the blame for the running game??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So why do Gurley get all the blame for the running game??

Same reason: fans are way too impatient and eager to lay blame. Media just makes it worse because they're fans with a platform.

And for the record you have not heard myself blame Gurley even once. He is in the same boat as Goff, behind an offensive line that can't get it done and with a coordinator who is in over his head. My response to Gurley overreactions has not changed, it is "check out history on Jerome Bettis."

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Same reason: fans are way too impatient and eager to lay blame. Media just makes it worse because they're fans with a platform.

And for the record you have not heard myself blame Gurley even once. He is in the same boat as Goff, behind an offensive line that can't get it done and with a coordinator who is in over his head. My response to Gurley overreactions has not changed, it is "check out history on Jerome Bettis."
i agree. I am not a fan of Goff and I admit that, I also know that this debacle is not on him, that's why I didn't like the trade I didn't want any qb in the draft because I knew this team needed way more than that. My Fault isn't with Goff exactly because he is playing like I expected it's the circumstances of why I believe he was actually drafted in the first place

A55VA6

Legend
Second Game Week 12 New Orleans

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVGz2oT2jwA

I know another Goff Thread. I would like read what everyone is seeing here. Post some more if you can find them. Granted these are before the NFL had film on him. He also had some more time in early against New Orleans.

Play that starts at 1:15... that play alone gives me confidence in Goff's ability. And the play right after he throws a laser.