Jared Goff: Josh Reynolds is 'truly a fourth starter' at WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, there is a big difference between cutting Cooper in the middle of December and trading Reynolds in August. I don't think anyone was shocked about Pharaoh as much as disappointed in how the season went. Hurt all year and when he finally played he was terrible. Trade deadline was well past

That said, I think Reynolds is more valuable to the Rams as a 4th WR than the 5th rounder at best would get, at least for 2019 anyways

I would agree with this. I look at Reynolds as an insurance policy. He played well enough in Kupp's absence to give us a better feeling about the 3rd WR than if one of the others were pressed into duty if someone goes down.

I don't recall McVay going with 4 WR sets very often. But it does give him a viable option if teams are figuring out the 11 personnel set and he wants to change it up on occasion. Reynolds is likely better than any draft pick we would get for him. He's playing at a higher level than his 4th round status.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Or, are we going to see more 4 receiver sets. Seems like renolds on the 4th CB or LB is a huge miss match. It seems to me, if Goff can read the pre snap well and get rid of the ball fast enough it could be a great change up.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I would agree with this. I look at Reynolds as an insurance policy. He played well enough in Kupp's absence to give us a better feeling about the 3rd WR than if one of the others were pressed into duty if someone goes down.

I don't recall McVay going with 4 WR sets very often. But it does give him a viable option if teams are figuring out the 11 personnel set and he wants to change it up on occasion. Reynolds is likely better than any draft pick we would get for him. He's playing at a higher level than his 4th round status.
I think JR will be used often in the first quarter of the season as they will ease Kupp back in. Also Kupp and JR may be our best RZ weapons. I could see both in and Cooks out when the Rams are inside the 20.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
I think JR will be used often in the first quarter of the season as they will ease Kupp back in. Also Kupp and JR may be our best RZ weapons. I could see both in and Cooks out when the Rams are inside the 20.
I agree with this. Both Kupp and Reynolds essentially started 8 games each and tied for the team lead in TDs.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

I'm excited for Red Zone packages this year.

I think we can throw a lot of different personnel grouping in there.

Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds, Everett, Higbee, Gurley, Brown, Henderson. . .

That's 9 different guys.

You can choose 5 to make a personnel groupings.

I'm no math expert or I'd give you the true number of different groupings.

But just using the simple math that is more than 45 different groupings you could put together.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Honestly I wasn’t feeling the previous comments of “Lets use Reynolds as trade bait.” Kidding me? He is like AAA insurance, u got the coverage. He is your go to Deep Post guy. I am a huge Reynolds advocate and he is a tremendous value. He may not have the clout as the other vets, but he is learning and learning from the best...