Jared Goff appreciation thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I’ve probably been the most critical of Goff. Idk what happened last year. Seems like it could of been some locker room chemistry, but he’s really maturing into a good QB.
Hopefully he gets a few super bowls here. I doubt he’ll ever be MVP, but I could see him being the rams winningest QB.

He’s going to figure out how to extend plays soon and work out of a broken pocket.

He’ll be a rams great with his number retired.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d say last year was the culmination of a few things.

First every year he had a different QB coach/OC (guy helping McVay). They all kept getting jobs and moving on. Then we put two guys in that spot who really didn’t belong. Kromer is a very good OLine coach but every time he’s given more responsibility he slides backwards. Add to that it proved to be way too much for Shane Waldron not much else needs to be said about him.

Then we have Todd Gurley..... Where to begin. You get the distinct impression he was more hurt than anybody let on. I personally feel his ego was bruised by McVay not only in personal conversations(something I can’t and won’t try to substantiate) but even more so by the way McVay talked about Gurleys injury to the media and his lack of usage at times. He’d been the heart of the offense since being drafted and here he was feeling left out. That had to hurt him deeply.

Lastly and maybe most importantly we lost three starters on the OLine. Add to that Kromer was focused on run game coordinating and was distracted from his primary job title and I think you get part of why Allen and Boom weren’t ready. Also could be part of why the subs didn’t gel right away, though they did come on strong towards the end.

Add all of that up and I think you get why Jared had a down year in 2019. Then you come into this year and Kromer is back focused, Blythe takes over for Allen. Boom is still inconsistent but gets hurt then Edwards comes in for him and has been solid.

Also huge imo for his resurgence is the addition of Kevin O’Connell. He’s a proven OC and QB guy and gives McVay a sounding board and voice of reason as well as somebody who can be honest with him and maybe even provide oversight. He imo has been a huge addition.

Lastly I think all of that culminates in Brown, Hendo and Akers bringing the Rams run game back to where it was before 2019. It cannot be overstated how important the run game and play action is to McVays offense.
Sorry long winded reply, yes I agree Goff has been exceptional this year, can always be better. I think there are a lot of people responsible for it and he will give every one of them their due. And all of that is why it’s fun to be a Rams fan in 2020.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Meh... Not terrible for a #trailer.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
gettyimages-630777398-1024x1024.jpg

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
All I know is Goff has an 11 to 1 TD/INT ratio vs the Whiners

Of course his only pick was a killer, but overall he’s played very well vs all NFC West teams

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Idk what happened last year.
Basically...
NFL Team Rushing Regular Season Stats 2019
Capture.JPG

26th in rushing yds/gm.
Rams were 3rd in 2018(139.4) and 8th in 2017(122.1)
Currently 7th(139.6)

oldnotdead

Legend
Hmmm yes, I appreciate Christen's SI audition photoshoot. Who needs more for their birthday?

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Goff's solid.
No other quarterback I would want in the leauge.

Goff is my dude. He has been since day 1. I knew he would be our franchise QB for years to come when he took that cheap shot from that clown Sherman and popped right up. He's tough, he's humble, he's competitive and there's zero bullshit with the guy. The only other QB in this league I would take is Mahomes and that's because dude just might end up the GOAT.

Logy

UDFA
Name
Logy
I don’t know. I read on the Niner boards that Goff is terrible, and with their QB room they should know all about terrible quarterbacks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Goff's solid.

In some ways that almost sounds like a put down... but that’s sort of the image I form in my head thinking of Goff.

On and off the field, locker room... the ultimate teammate... His play on the field, is a well rounded game. Consistent.

Can we pick holes in it? I could pick holes in Tom Brady’s game, so sure.

But freak it feels so damn good to have a young Franchise QB. You can waste years searching...

Enjoy this ride!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I appreciate Goff on Sunday for showing how small & weak his grip is
by trying to spike a wet football as hard as he could.
weather does play apart of his game,but he is able to beat the adversity by him(coaching staff)& Mcvay being smart & proactive.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Goff is my dude. He has been since day 1. I knew he would be our franchise QB for years to come when he took that cheap shot from that clown Sherman and popped right up. He's tough, he's humble, he's competitive and there's zero bullshit with the guy. The only other QB in this league I would take is Mahomes and that's because dude just might end up the GOAT.

Has anyone ever went team by team and really figure out which other team's QB they would take over Jared right now/future in how they are playing?

Packers/Aaron Rodgers - only if it's for one year
Lions/Matthew Stafford - no
Vikings/Kirk Cousins - no
Bears/Nick Foles -hell no

Bucs/Tom Brady - no
aints/Drew Brees - hell no
Panthers/Teddy Bridgewater - no
Falcons/Matt Ryan - no

Giants/Daniel Jones - no
Eagles/Carson Wentz - no
cows/Dak Prescott - no (he's a good QB tho, but not a tier above Jared Goff)
WFT - lol nah, never

shitter/Jimmy whatever - fuck no
shitbird/Russell Wilson - yeah, honestly he's one of the few I would take over, hell time for a shower
Cardinals/Kyler Murray - no, but I like him as a player

Steelers/Ben Roethlisberger - no
Ravens/Lamar Jackson - maybe, but I'm not denying his talent
Browns/Baker Mayfield - no
Bengals/Joe Burrow - not right now, maybe in the future depending on how he turns out

Texans/Deshaun Watson - another one I would take over him
Titans/Ryan Tannehill - no
Jaguars/Gardner Minshew - yes but only because he's America's QB.
Colts/Phillip Rivers - hell no

Patriots/Cam Newton - no
Jets/Sam Darnold - no
Bills/Josh Allen - no, but he's just below Jared IMO
Dolphins/Ryan Fitzpatrick - no, Tua TBD

Chiefs/Patrick Mahomes - in a heartbeat
Raiders/Derek Carr - no
Chargers/Justin Herbert - no
Broncos/Drew Lock - no

So really, I would take 4 other QBs over him right now: Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Aaron Rodgers if it's just for this year. Jared is a top 5 QB this year, though.

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Has anyone ever went team by team and really figure out which other team's QB they would take over Jared right now/future in how they are playing?

Packers/Aaron Rodgers - only if it's for one year
Lions/Matthew Stafford - no
Vikings/Kirk Cousins - no
Bears/Nick Foles -hell no

Bucs/Tom Brady - no
aints/Drew Brees - hell no
Panthers/Teddy Bridgewater - no
Falcons/Matt Ryan - no

Giants/Daniel Jones - no
Eagles/Carson Wentz - no
cows/Dak Prescott - no (he's a good QB tho, but not a tier above Jared Goff)
WFT - lol nah, never

shitter/Jimmy whatever - fuck no
shitbird/Russell Wilson - yeah, honestly he's one of the few I would take over, hell time for a shower
Cardinals/Kyler Murray - no, but I like him as a player

Steelers/Ben Roethlisberger - no
Ravens/Lamar Jackson - maybe, but I'm not denying his talent
Browns/Baker Mayfield - no
Bengals/Joe Burrow - not right now, maybe in the future depending on how he turns out

Texans/Deshaun Watson - another one I would take over him
Titans/Ryan Tannehill - no
Jaguars/Gardner Minshew - yes but only because he's America's QB.
Colts/Phillip Rivers - hell no

Patriots/Cam Newton - no
Jets/Sam Darnold - no
Bills/Josh Allen - no, but he's just below Jared IMO
Dolphins/Ryan Fitzpatrick - no, Tua TBD

Chiefs/Patrick Mahomes - in a heartbeat
Raiders/Derek Carr - no
Chargers/Justin Herbert - no
Broncos/Drew Lock - no

So really, I would take 4 other QBs over him right now: Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson, Deshaun Watson, and Aaron Rodgers if it's just for this year. Jared is a top 5 QB this year, though.
I agree with Mahomes, Rogers and.....*pukes in mouth*..... Wilson.... But no way I take Watson over Goff. He's a tier below and always has been IMO.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Mahomes, Rogers and.....*pukes in mouth*..... Wilson.... But no way I take Watson over Goff. He's a tier below and always has been IMO.

Agreed on Watson. He's gotten way more love than he's actually earned IMO.

Hard for me to say I'd take Wilson, honestly. I acknowledge he's better than Goff, like Jackson, but I wouldn't take either of them over Goff. I think Jackson has limitations throwing and Wilson is a strange case - I think he's great at dragging a below average cast to respectability, but he holds the ball too long and tends to not throw unless a WR is wide open (save for some deep passes) - I don't think Wilson will win a Super Bowl as a teams best player.

I'd trade Goff straight up for Mahomes, Rodgers and Josh Allen if I'm being honest - I love the added dimension of running the ball while being able to sling it.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Mahomes and RW are the only 2 I'd trade Goff for. Goff has way more years (and upside) left than Rogers.

I'm still working on figuring out why Goff generates such ire.

It's a great time to be a Rams fan though. Let em hate for whatever reason it is.

nighttrain

Legend
Mahomes yup, but Wilson has seen his best years, and still just a hit away form retirement. Rodgers just to old
train