Jared Cook out for the rest of Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Just read where he had preventive foot surgery and he'll miss the rest of the offseason. I don't remember whether his foot was a problem last year. Hope he can get healthy. I'm glad he's not with the Rams anymore but I wish him the best in Green Bay.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He was a disappointment to me. I am glad he is someone elses problem now.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just read where he had preventive foot surgery and he'll miss the rest of the offseason. I don't remember whether his foot was a problem last year. Hope he can get healthy. I'm glad he's not with the Rams anymore but I wish him the best in Green Bay.
This^ is just one example of how good the Rams Luck is this Year!!:D:rolllaugh:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Packers TE Jared Cook underwent foot surgery
_Sessler-65x90.jpg

• By Marc Sessler

The Green Bay Packers are counting on Jared Cook to play a central role on offense this season, but they'll need to wait for the tight end to get back on the field.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday that Cook recently underwent a foot procedure, per a source who has spoken to the player. The surgery was described as preventative, per Rapoport, who was told that Cook could potentially participate in minicamp, but is choosing to take the cautious approach.

The belief is that Cook will be ready for training camp in July. The former Titans and Rams pass-catcher is expected to take over as Green Bay's No. 1 tight end ahead of Richard Rodgers after signing a one-year, $2.75 million deal with Green Bay in March..

"Big target -- very, very athletic," coach Mike McCarthy said last week. "I think anytime if you're just talking purely throwing the football and you've got big targets that can move like he does, he's been an excellent addition. He's been everything we thought he would be."

It's never a good sign to see a player go under the knife this late in the offseason, but if Cook can suit up in time for camp, he'll remain on pace to open Week 1 as a starting target for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

With the Packers adding Cook and returning a healthy Jordy Nelson and P90X-infused Eddie Lacy, Green Bay's offense has the potential to return to great heights in 2016.

I always thought Cook got a raw deal here....It'll be interesting to see what he does with a good QB...and it seems McCarthy loves the guy.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...an-jared-cook-make-packers-offense-any-better

Last edited:

…..

Legend
Preventive foot surgery? Is this going to increase the odds that his hands improve?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Preventive foot surgery? Is this going to increase the odds that his hands improve?

Doin' the skeleton dance.

The foot bone's connected to the leg bone.
The leg bone's connected to the knee bone.
The knee bone's connected to the thigh bone.

The thigh bone's connected to the hip bone.
The hip bone's connected to the backbone.
The backbone's connected to the neck bone.

Shake your hands to the left.
Shake your hands to the right.
Put your hands in the air.
Put your hands out of sight.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Has there been a bigger disappointment for the rams in recent years ? everyone hyped this guy up to be an athletic freak and said how fast and strong he was. He was a total flop and I honestly don't remember him making any big time plays, just a lot of drops and key fumbles.

lockdnram21

Legend
Watch I bet he has a great year then they blame rams on his bad play while he was with us

fearsomefour

Legend
Has there been a bigger disappointment for the rams in recent years ? everyone hyped this guy up to be an athletic freak and said how fast and strong he was. He was a total flop and I honestly don't remember him making any big time plays, just a lot of drops and key fumbles.
Freak athletes are not all the same.
Cook is big and fast. However, he is not really explosive. In other words, it takes him a bit to get going off of the line. Also, he lacks a real change of direction type athleticism. He is a straight line speed kind of guy. So, he can be kind of "clunky" when trying to change direction or do thinks like block. His on field awareness is not always the best either....holding the ball out away from his body, getting stripped from behind ect.
All of that said, in the right O with a QB like Rogers I am sure he could put up good TE numbers.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Freak athletes are not all the same.
Cook is big and fast. However, he is not really explosive. In other words, it takes him a bit to get going off of the line. Also, he lacks a real change of direction type athleticism. He is a straight line speed kind of guy. So, he can be kind of "clunky" when trying to change direction or do thinks like block. His on field awareness is not always the best either....holding the ball out away from his body, getting stripped from behind ect.
All of that said, in the right O with a QB like Rogers I am sure he could put up good TE numbers.

I'll take it a step further, fearsome.

Cook is more athlete than football player. Lacks the true love of the game, the "want to", if you will.

I'll just leave it at that.

Other than to say I won't miss him at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'll take it a step further, fearsome.

Cook is more athlete than football player. Lacks the true love of the game, the "want to", if you will.

I'll just leave it at that.

Other than to say I won't miss him at all.
It is hard to tell about want to or desire....like guys commenting from afar about a guys leadership quality.
I think a lot of the issue with his blocking was him not being super explosive with a first step. If you get beaten to the spot it is very tough to recover and make your block. I will give Cook the benefit of the doubt in regards to desire ect., can't really judge that.
I am interested to see how he does in an aggressive offense with a great QB. He could put up big numbers or just be the same kind of guy we saw.