Jared Cook: 19 Straight Games w/o a TD + Most Drops for TE's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva:

Rams TE Jared Cook stands 6'5/246. He's gone 19 straight games without a touchdown. PFF charged Cook with 10 drops in '15, most among TEs.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm a Fisher fan and am glad he's staying, but his bringing in Cook and Fairly STILL pisses me off. Really, really pisses me off.
Cook is fucking worthless, and we did not need Fairly at all.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm a Fisher fan and am glad he's staying, but his bringing in Cook and Fairly STILL pisses me off. Really, really pisses me off.
Cook is freaking worthless, and we did not need Fairly at all.
I liked the Fairley signing.
He played well for the most part. It was a luxury but I liked the signing.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
Cook must go. I'm sure he's a good dude, but his drops and miscues are a cancer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair to Cook, the Rams offense was probably without a TD in 18 of those 19 games.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
To much money for his production or lack of.Initially I liked the signing he's athletic and big what's not to like.But it has become painfully obvious that he will never be that TE we all had hoped for.He should be on the way out his numbers will be easily replaced but most likely surpassed.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Cook is the most obvious of all the pending cap casualty cuts I expect to see this offseason. He has good size and speed for a TE but he has never exhibited the soft hands the great ones have. In Cook's defense I think his blocking has improved this year and QB play has hurt his pass game production but the bottom line is that he did not play up to his 7 million base salary cap / 8.3 million cap number. His 2016 cap number will be $8.4 million but most of his guaranteed money has ben paid so he if he is cut the Rams would only carry $2 million in dead money but save $6.4 million in cap space in 2016, plus $8.4 million in cap space for 2017.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Cook was much better after midseason, but only compared to himself, not to good TEs. His drops could be viewed as a single reason the Rams missed the playoffs. So many drives killed.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Jared Cook: 19 Straight Games w/o a TD + Most Drops for TE's

I could provide that stat line for a seventh of his salary :) I would quite possibly be the only Welsh TE in the history of the NFL, if not also the shortest, but I would play my ass off and fight for everything thrown my way - and as for blocking I'd be like a pair of tied shoe laces for those big defenders ;-) c'mon Fisher - it would be THE signing of your career.....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jared Cook could easily be replaced by one of the Indy tight ends.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
If Cook is on this roster next year, my little faith in the coaching staff will be completely gone.

I bet Fendi Onobun is still available :rolllaugh:

VFerragamo

Cagey Veteran
Simply put the guys just not a winner. No fire in the belly. No commitment to his trade. Routinely puts himself in front of the team. Good riddance....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
To much money for his production or lack of.Initially I liked the signing he's athletic and big what's not to like.But it has become painfully obvious that he will never be that TE we all had hoped for.He should be on the way out his numbers will be easily replaced but most likely surpassed.

Easily replaced is exactly right and for a much much lower price. His production is worse than many rookie TEs

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
His first few seasons as a Ram he was inconsistent, frustrating, overpaid, and underwhelming..... but despite all of that, was still useful. For all his faults he was routinely our leading receiver. This year was a disaster. He went to being a complete liability. Period. Easy decision to cut him and save the money.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is one player that exposes Fisher's ineptitude at picking offensive players. He drafted Cook, he watched him play, and followed his career. When Cook's contract ended, Fisher gave him a big deal which was never deserved. Cook never played any better in Tennessee... dropping balls, can't block, etc. Signing him was a big mistake. We can say that Fisher struck out with Quick, Pead, Tre Mason, etc... but he never saw those guys play in the NFL. Cook was never a good TE, and Fisher should have recognized that early on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bust of a TE, but the reality is that isnt what he came here for. Bad signing considering he wasnt really used properly