Janoris Jenkins looks like a no-go --PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jenkins looks like a no-go
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_216fa8d1-7e6b-5276-aaca-a3215854292e.html

It's looking less and less promising for a Janoris Jenkins' return this week at cornerback. For the second day in a row, the third-year pro missed practice as he continues to rehab a knee injury that occurred in the Rams' Oct. 19 victory against Seattle.

Jenkins has since missed the Kansas City and San Francisco games. Although he's done some work on the side this week, he may be another week away from trying to return.

His replacement in the starting lineup against the Chiefs and 49ers, undrafted rookie Marcus Roberson, also missed practice for the second day in a row because of an ankle injury.

So it looks like rookie E.J. Gaines from Missouri and third-year pro Trumaine Johnson will be the starting corners Sunday in Arizona. This will be Johnson's first start of the season. San Francisco marked his first action of the regular season following a knee injury Aug. 23 against Cleveland in the Rams' third preseason game.

The rest of the Rams injury report Thursday was a follows: S Cody Davis (concussion symptoms), TE Cory Harkey (knee), and LB Daren Bates (groin) were all limited. Bates was not on the injury report Wednesday.

DE William Hayes (fibula), S Rodney McLeod (knee), LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar (toe), and Gaines (knee) all were full participation Thursday after not practicing Wednesday.

For Arizona, RB Stepfan Taylor (calf) and LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) did not practice Thursday. Starting RB Andre Ellington (foot), starting RT Bobby Massie (ankle/knee), and backup LBs Lorenzo Alexander (knee) and Marcus Benard (illness) were limited.

Ellington has been playing with a partially-torn tendon in the foot all year and typically misses much of the practice week.

Debacled

Starter
Kinda curious what you can do to a fibula that is a one day off practice kinda injury

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on, Janoris. Get healthy. I want to see you, Trumaine and Gaines in the line-up together.

With Gaines breaking out as long as one of Jenkins or Johnson are healthy we should be OK, if they both could get healthy though that would be nice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That's weird. Jack Rabbit had a post on Instagram yesterday saying he was "back and ready to go"... or some message to that effect.

Shit.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
That's weird. Jack Rabbit had a post on Instagram yesterday saying he was "back and ready to go"... or some message to that effect.

crap.
It does seem a bit odd. How was he able to return to the game against SEA and now miss 3 games due to this injury?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It might be good for him to sit out this week. I'm still worried about him biting on that double move and giving up a long TD.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
We're thin (again) at CB. Roberson is likely out as well. Aside from the one TD, it's amazing how well our DBs played against SF. A rusty Tru and 3 rookies against Boldin, Crabtree, Davis, Lloyd, Johnson.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Kinda curious what you can do to a fibula that is a one day off practice kinda injury
If you get kicked in the fibula on Tuesday....You take off Wednesday....You're good to go on Thursday....I guess.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I sure hope Tru has knocked off most of that rust he brought with him last week.
I'm not too concerned about Gaines. What a solid pick he's turned out to be.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I sure hope Tru has knocked off most of that rust he brought with him last week.
I'm not too concerned about Gaines. What a solid pick he's turned out to be.

That's what happens when you overlook a football player because of his measurables.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Exactly.
To me, you can ether play or you can't play.
Never cared about the combine either.
The combine is good for exposing guys who dog it or who aren't right after injury, but other than that I agree. Huge waste of time that everyone puts too much stock in.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Jenkins' injury keeping him out a bit longer might be a blessing in disguise.

I believe Tru/Gaines is a more reliable and effective combo than Tru/Jenkins, anyway. For example, Gaines showed me against the Niners that he's less susceptible against the double move already after 8 games than Jenkins is after 40 games.

I posed a poll on another board on this topic, and the Tru/Gaines tandem beat out the Tru/Jenkins tandem by over 2-1, FWIW.

In any case, Jenkins should be held out until he is absolutely, positively 100%. There is simply no need to rush him back given the play of Gaines, IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jenkins' injury keeping him out a bit longer might be a blessing in disguise.

I believe Tru/Gaines is a more reliable and effective combo than Tru/Jenkins, anyway. For example, Gaines showed me against the Niners that he's less susceptible against the double move already after 8 games than Jenkins is after 40 games.

I posed a poll on another board on this topic, and the Tru/Gaines tandem beat out the Tru/Jenkins tandem by over 2-1, FWIW.

In any case, Jenkins should be held out until he is absolutely, positively 100%. There is simply no need to rush him back given the play of Gaines, IMO.

Okay but the Johnson, Jenkins, Gaines trio is better than the alternative. ;)

Especially if the Rams would give Joyner a shot at FS with that trio.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Okay but the Johnson, Jenkins, Gaines trio is better than the alternative. ;)

Especially if the Rams would give Joyner a shot at FS with that trio.

With McDonald and Barron as the two other safeties in a 4-2-5 base. That would be an awesome defensive scheme.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Could be a hairline fracture, I played with a guy in high school that played almost the entire season with a hairline fracture in his shin. Its just pain management really.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We should fake JJ out, telling him the knee is fine, then he'll bite, and be fine. Kinda like the double move.