James Laurinaitis having a very nice year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Kind of interesting to think about. I think we all LIKE JL and CL but the thought of UPGRADING those positions? Yikes! If Clowney really is that serious upgrade and we could pick up a stud LB and maybe a safety and a CB.... But I still have a really hard time with the idea of parting with really good players and locker room guys. I just don't think that is a positive direction. I have to wonder if you couldn't have Clowney on this team and see if he pans out before considering trading CL. There will certainly be a market for CL at his age even the following year. The biggest problem I have is that I'm not convinced Clowney is a big upgrade and does he screw up the TEAM. I would like to see us go big on defense in the draft this year. Does that mean looking for replacements for JL and CL? Personally I think no.

I'd be just fine with a big acquisition on the OL with another later and everything else on defense. I actually think our offense just needs a little time together and some emphasis on holding on to the ball (maybe a better WR coach and a change up at DC - Schotty actually impressed me with his ability to adapt). I really believe the weapons are there.

ausmurp

Starter
Can't think of 4 you would rather have? Kiki Alonzo is a BEAST and a rookie, Sean Lee, Vontaz Burifiet I prob spelled his name wrong. Leads the NFL in tackles, Bowman I can think of 14 LB's I'd take over JL... And this is coming from a HUGE Buckeye fan and former student.. Sooooo

This. And it is strange that I am also from Columbus, OH, a HUGE Buckeye fan and former student. I think most or at least half of fans don't have a very good ability to not be biased/homers...and don't evaluate players on other teams very well. Anyone who says JL is a top 4 MLB in the NFL and bases off the tackles stat is questionable lol...

F. Mulder

Starter
I know I'll get flamed but JL is making top-flight $$ to be a solid LBer IMO. There's something to be said with being solid but at times I'd trade a few missed assignments for some game changing plays. JMHO.

Alan

Legend
RamFan503 with some sound reasoning:
Kind of interesting to think about. I think we all LIKE JL and CL but the thought of UPGRADING those positions? Yikes! If Clowney really is that serious upgrade and we could pick up a stud LB and maybe a safety and a CB.... But I still have a really hard time with the idea of parting with really good players and locker room guys. I just don't think that is a positive direction. I have to wonder if you couldn't have Clowney on this team and see if he pans out before considering trading CL. There will certainly be a market for CL at his age even the following year. The biggest problem I have is that I'm not convinced Clowney is a big upgrade and does he screw up the TEAM. I would like to see us go big on defense in the draft this year. Does that mean looking for replacements for JL and CL? Personally I think no.

I'd be just fine with a big acquisition on the OL with another later and everything else on defense. I actually think our offense just needs a little time together and some emphasis on holding on to the ball (maybe a better WR coach and a change up at DC - Schotty actually impressed me with his ability to adapt). I really believe the weapons are there.

Having skipped the whole first page I'm reluctant to step in but I agree with all of this.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Can't think of 4 you would rather have? Kiki Alonzo is a BEAST and a rookie, Sean Lee, Vontaz Burifiet I prob spelled his name wrong. Leads the NFL in tackles, Bowman I can think of 14 LB's I'd take over JL... And this is coming from a HUGE Buckeye fan and former student.. Sooooo

Sooooo...yeah. I'd take James over all those guys.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
I would trade JL for Kiko in a heartbeat. Vontaz and Kiko maybe the best in the league next year. Heck, I could argue they are now. Well, that's your opinion angry, we'll have to agree to disagree