James Laurinaitis and Steven Jackson (Contract Updates?)?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
With the great news about Chris Long signing an extension with the Rams I guess I am getting greedy and hoping the Rams can come to contract extension agreements with James Laurinaitis and Steven Jackson as well! I know the priority is with signing Laurinaitis to an extension (and, I totally agree with this!) since Jackson's contract isn't actually up until after the 2013 season (at least that is what my understanding is) but since I think he (Jackson) has actually brought it up that he would like an extension that would/could help assure him and the Rams that he will retire a Ram it would just be icing on the cake if the Rams could accomodate him and come to agreement on an extension for him. I know most people say giving Jackson an extension at his age may not be too smart but I do think that he keeps himself in top physical condition (and, I think I recently read somewhere how good of shape he reported to the Rams camp yesterday!) and he certainly has been a great player and leader for the Rams these past several years and I don't think he complained too much (if, at all) about having to play for a non-playoff team for so many years. I am pretty sure if he was playing for a better team he would have a lot more yards and a lot more playoff experience. I like & appreciate Steven Jackson and I hope he retires a Ram!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: James Laurinaitis and Steven Jackson (Contract Updates?)

If I've learned one thing about this new regime, it's this:

If they want to do something, they get it done.

I agree about Jackson too. I think everyone needs to watch his video series on his website about his training and conditioning. I can't think of any other NFL Player that has an ice tub and oxygen tent in his house for hyperbaric treatment. Dude's always at or around 5% bodyfat, trains during the off-season and eats like a Buddhist. He's not your typical 29 year old for sure, and having Pead come in and share the load will obviously prolong his career.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

X said:
If I've learned one thing about this new regime, it's this:

If they want to do something, they get it done.

I agree about Jackson too. I think everyone needs to watch his video series on his website about his training and conditioning. I can't think of any other NFL Player that has an ice tub and oxygen tent in his house for hyperbaric treatment. Dude's always at or around 5% bodyfat, trains during the off-season and eats like a Buddhist. He's not your typical 29 year old for sure, and having Pead come in and share the load will obviously prolong his career.

Pretty sure Romanowski did that sort of training and it served him well.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Did I read somewhere that the Rams might be really close to signing Laurinaitis to an extension? It sure would be great news to get the Rams top two Defensive players locked up to long term deals!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

paceram said:
Did I read somewhere that the Rams might be really close to signing Laurinaitis to an extension? It sure would be great news to get the Rams top two Defensive players locked up to long term deals!
Well, sorta. They're deep into talks about resigning him to a long-term deal, but I don't know how close they are. They'll get it done I'm sure. The two guys who seem to rarely (if ever) get injured? Lock em down!