James Harrison Gives Back Sons' Participation Trophies

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I've told my kids that participation trophies are mementos. I've explained that unless you've won something in the sport, it's not the same as a real trophy. It took them about 3 seconds to understand. Then I pointed out that incessant whining because the fat kid got a participant trophy is stupid and most definitely not a sign of impending doom or Soviet style communism, and that it's important to retain perspective on what actually has a real effect on our lives. I gave an example of how we elected a dumb ass trust fund baby and a community organizer as our presidents over the last 16 years and the world is still going so participation trophies are probably not a big deal either way.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I gave an example of how we elected a dumb ass trust fund baby and a community organizer as our presidents over the last 16 years and the world is still going so participation trophies are probably not a big deal either way.

Leave Franklin Pearce alone man!

Oh wait, you said 16 years ago and not 160
Nevermind - Carry on

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Leave Franklin Pearce alone man!

Oh wait, you said 16 years ago and not 160
Nevermind - Carry on

We've re-elected two buffoons in a row. I'd like to check their garages for excessive participation trophies.

Ram65

Legend
This has been recently discussed on talk radio here in Phila....

Funny how the dads that called inand agree with Mr Harrison all started out with...I coach my kids xxxx team. My son(s) are the best players.....they don't need a trophy just for playing. They were talking about 5-7 year old kids. Let them be kids for a couple of years. The star players will come out and get awards. Some kids just won't but they can still have fun and enjoy sports.....I don't get it with the winning is all mentality at 5-6-7 years of age.

Athos

Legend
I don't get it with the winning is all mentality at 5-6-7 years of age.

It's toxic and basically just parents wanting their kids to fulfill either the things they sucked at as kids or things they excelled at, so gosh darn it, they do too.

Emilio Estevez's character in Breakfast Club had it about right.....only now it's at a younger and younger age.