James Bradberry is worth the investment!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Now that he's a FA Bradberry would be one of 2 final pieces the other being a DE/OLB.

We need one more experienced corner and Bradberry would be the perfect fit. Yes he will cost us but he is worth it. Not to mention he would be covering most teams 2nd or 3rd best wr which would help the DL get pressure.

Sure we can hope for a mid season top vet OLB to free up but this is a sure thing. Hill and Ramsey are not enough we are short a really strong 2nd/3rd CB. Not convinced on Long and Rochelle doesn't have enough tape, new kids are new and need NFL seasoning imo. Bradberry has a probowl under his belt and to me Les plucks highly talented players off mediocre to bad teams and they flourish here. Bradberry fits that mold.

There will be a lot of competition for his services but unless he gets a stupid deal if I was Les I would take a big run at him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would only be dedicating remaining resources to bringing in an edge rusher. Between the draft, development and additions in the secondary, I believe the group is already significantly upgraded over this time last year.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was with you a month ago. On the " ... "Bradberry Train" ... That's not a real thing but it should be.

Wanted the Rams to trade for him. Thought the Giants would take a late round pick for the additional cap-relief a trade would garner over releasing him. Thought the anticipated Donald and Kupp extensions would create enough short-term cap-space that the Rams could take-on the one-year salary commitment; and did not want to see Bradberry hit free agency where there would be a competitive-market.

AGH! ... nobody listens to me ... not my wife ... not Les Snead or Sean McVay. It's frustrating. I'm smart ... kind-of.

Once the Rams acquired Troy Hill and then drafted Decobie Durant, my hopes were dashed. With Ramsey, Hill, Long, Rochell and Durant currently at Cornerback, I just don't see the Rams showing any interest.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams drafted two slot corners in Durant and Kendrick. Durant might be able to compete for that outside hash job opposite Ramsey too. Then they added Hill, who, as we all know giveths and takeths, but for depth purposes he's a nice add. Long showed some things down the stretch. Rochell has some ceiling to him and is going into year two.

It's hard to look at that room now and say we need more. Especially when we have a gaping hole at OLB. So if it's me I'd reserve whatever cap space they have right now for a trade deadline deal on a rusher. Which, granted, is going to be far more competitive to do this year after the Rams hit a grand slam on Miller last year.

dang

Legend
Rams drafted two slot corners in Durant and Kendrick. Durant might be able to compete for that outside hash job opposite Ramsey too. Then they added Hill, who, as we all know giveths and takeths, but for depth purposes he's a nice add. Long showed some things down the stretch. Rochell has some ceiling to him and is going into year two.

It's hard to look at that room now and say we need more. Especially when we have a gaping hole at OLB. So if it's me I'd reserve whatever cap space they have right now for a trade deadline deal on a rusher. Which, granted, is going to be far more competitive to do this year after the Rams hit a grand slam on Miller last year.
+ we will want/need OBJ in December

MachS

Hall of Fame
Bradberry a great fit tbh. Not sure how we make it work but I'd be down. We would probably need to trade Long/Rochelle if we did this though.

Lowest passer rating allowed in zone coverage:
1. James Bradberry - 40.5
2. Steven Nelson - 53.6
3. Jalen Ramsey - 57.6
4. Darious Williams - 63.4

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I don’t think Hill is depth. Ramsey was excited to be getting him back. Hill can be moved all over which allows Ramsey to move around without creating a glaring weakness.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm with the idea of going after Bradberry if we don't plan on re-signing D Long which seems to be the case based on how much secondary help we drafted. Depending on young players to step up year one in the secondary is playing with fire in my opinion. I'd personally trade D Long if we were able to lure Bradberry to our squad on a short term deal. Having a veteran secondary with Ramsey, Bradberry, and T Hill would be awesome for our defense. I don't think there is an edge out there that will have the impact Bradberry would have on this defense. Plus this would allow us to rotate our young bucks in to get some much needed game reps plus learn from players that have been there and done that. Other than Clowney, what other edges are out there? Hughes just signed and the only ones left are the old farts such as Houston and Ingram. With that said, all of this is predicated off of what Bradberry is looking for in the next team he signs with. If he wants to break the bank, then everything I said above doesn't matter because we won't get him.

dang

Legend
I'm with the idea of going after Bradberry if we don't plan on re-signing D Long which seems to be the case based on how much secondary help we drafted. Depending on young players to step up year one in the secondary is playing with fire in my opinion. I'd personally trade D Long if we were able to lure Bradberry to our squad on a short term deal. Having a veteran secondary with Ramsey, Bradberry, and T Hill would be awesome for our defense. I don't think there is an edge out there that will have the impact Bradberry would have on this defense. Plus this would allow us to rotate our young bucks in to get some much needed game reps plus learn from players that have been there and done that. Other than Clowney, what other edges are out there? Hughes just signed and the only ones left are the old farts such as Houston and Ingram. With that said, all of this is predicated off of what Bradberry is looking for in the next team he signs with. If he wants to break the bank, then everything I said above doesn't matter because we won't get him.
My prediction. OBJ gets resigned and save any other $$ for Mid season trade for defensive and offensive positions most needed.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
My prediction. OBJ gets resigned and save any other $$ for Mid season trade for defensive and offensive positions most needed.
You are probably correct but if the Rams sense Bradberry would be interested in joining us, then I'd wager we would jump all over it if the price is right. A signing like this would probably entice OBJ that much more to run it back.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Well, Bradbury will give your young edge rushers an extra few tenths of a second to get to the QB more often than not.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don’t think Hill is depth. Ramsey was excited to be getting him back. Hill can be moved all over which allows Ramsey to move around without creating a glaring weakness.
Him being depth is ideal basically. If he's going to be a primary starter i.e. either opposite Ramsey or in the slot we're in for some ups and downs.

Best case is one of these guys we drafted owning the slot and Rochell beasting year two. Not trying to bash on Hill here either but at this point he is what he is.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
My guess ... which is a total freaking guess ... is that Hill plays a similar role in 2022 that he played in 2020.

He will be one of the three CBs on-the-field for about 60-70% of the snaps. Sometimes inside, other times outside based upon what the game-plan wants to do with Ramsey. The use of Ramsey will dictate where Hill is lined-up and how utilized. Hill's versatility allowed Staley and the Rams' coaches to be creative and flexible with Ramsey.

Long and Rochell will then compete for the outside-CB-role that Darious Williams mostly played in 2020. Jourdan Rodrigue reported a week or so ago that early in 2021, the Rams tried to use Williams in a manner similar to how they used Hill in 2020 but it did not work well; and the Rams were more comfortable playing Williams outside which he mostly did as the season moved-forward.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Fit doesn’t = need

There are some amazing RBs, QBs, TEs, DTs, WRs, etc. that would be perfect fits for this Rams offense & defense. But “need” is completely different- especially with limit resources & cap space. OLB/rusher is the one need - that’s what you wait for and get if/when it becomes necessary and available.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My guess ... which is a total freaking guess ... is that Hill plays a similar role in 2022 that he played in 2020.

He will be one of the three CBs on-the-field for about 60-70% of the snaps. Sometimes inside, other times outside based upon what the game-plan wants to do with Ramsey. The use of Ramsey will dictate where Hill is lined-up and how utilized. Hill's versatility allowed Staley and the Rams' coaches to be creative and flexible with Ramsey.

Long and Rochell will then compete for the outside-CB-role that Darious Williams mostly played in 2020. Jourdan Rodrigue reported a week or so ago that early in 2021, the Rams tried to use Williams in a manner similar to how they used Hill in 2020 but it did not work well; and the Rams were more comfortable playing Williams outside which he mostly did as the season moved-forward.
Exactly

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Fit doesn’t = need

There are some amazing RBs, QBs, TEs, DTs, WRs, etc. that would be perfect fits for this Rams offense & defense. But “need” is completely different- especially with limit resources & cap space. OLB/rusher is the one need - that’s what you wait for and get if/when it becomes necessary and available.

This is where I am at. We need to save some dry powder for later. As the team starts to take shape… we likely need a tweak.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
I still think the rams need a 2nd CB. Long was bad for most of last year. Rochelle hasn’t proven anything. Hill is a decent depth guy but not a good #2 CB. All the rookies were lower round picks and none guaranteed to add much of anything this year. Bradberry definitely would make the Rams have an amazing 1/2 CB combo. He is pretty underrated.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I still think the rams need a 2nd CB. Long was bad for most of last year. Rochelle hasn’t proven anything. Hill is a decent depth guy but not a good #2 CB. All the rookies were lower round picks and none guaranteed to add much of anything this year. Bradberry definitely would make the Rams have an amazing 1/2 CB combo. He is pretty underrated.

The Rams DO lack proven options. Thats a concern.

@Riverumbbq has pointed out, and he’s right… the Rams have some future cap years piling up, particularly 2024. I don’t know how we fit a guy like Bradberry. Ideally we don’t kick AD or Kupp money too far out, as there appears little place to kick it.

The cap hit is $27M Donald and $19M Kupp this year… eating some of that this year appears needed, IMO.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
We don't need a CB and we don't 'need' an Edge rusher. But we do need money to sign OBJ. We drafted 1 offensive skill position player, 5 defensive players, trading for sixth.

After the 2019 season we 'needed' an Edge rusher so we signed Leonard Floyd. After the 2020 season same thing with same result. Von Miller was a mid season boost, a luxury, an extra piece. You can't have all stars or HOFers at every skill position. And you don't need them there either.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
We don't need a CB and we don't 'need' an Edge rusher. But we do need money to sign OBJ. We drafted 1 offensive skill position player, 5 defensive players, trading for sixth.

After the 2019 season we 'needed' an Edge rusher so we signed Leonard Floyd. After the 2020 season same thing with same result. Von Miller was a mid season boost, a luxury, an extra piece. You can't have all stars or HOFers at every skill position. And you don't need them there either.
OBJ as much as I hate to say it, is a luxury for this season due to his injury. There is no way to tell how long it'll take him to get back to form which is why we signed Robinson and haven't heard anything about him signing. Not saying I don't want him back but his injury make his contributions this year harder to predict than had he not been injured. The CB room is an injury away from being hit hard. Long has mostly been a disappointment, Rochelle had an up and down year, and everyone else behind them has limited experience playing as starters. With that said, we need viable starters at as many spots as possible. Unfortunately it also depends on what any of these players want. I'm all for adding talent if it works within the confines of what the Rams want. The draft showed that the Rams really thought the secondary needed some fresh blood because it seems like they are not looking at re-signing Long and a few others. I see nothing wrong with the Rams adding a 1 year rental in Bradberry if they can convince him to take a lower salary to compete for a championship after playing for the shit show organization known as the Giants. It allows us to better integrate our young secondary players into bigger roles by having 3 viable starters to show em how it's done. I'm not super confident we'll get Bradberry, but it doesn't hurt to try to strengthen our D. If we did manage to sign him, it sends another strong message to players across the league that are ok with ring chasing (it's how we got Weddle) just how much more we want it than other teams. At the end of the day, I'll trust the Rams to do what they deem best.