Jameis Winston 'seriously considering' staying at FSU

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston will make his stay-in-school/turn-pro decision next week, and it will be shocking if he doesn't declare for the draft. There's one report that he's at least considering the alternative.

View: https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/552585065671049216

If Winston pulls a shocker and returns, he will be playing on quite a different team -- especially offensively -- than he did this season. FSU will lose four starting offensive linemen who were seniors. Star receiver Rashad Greene was a senior; so, too, was Nick O'Leary, who won the Mackey Award as the nation's top tight end. Tailback Karlos Williams, who started for most of the season, was another key senior.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-staying-at-fsu?campaign=Twitter_cfb_huguenin

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ive been saying that there is a decent chance that he will stay

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rumor is that he wants to play baseball one more year.

Could also be that he feels if he keeps his nose clean that he will get drafted higher. I think he goes top two either way.

He wont help his cause if he stays another season with the offense dropping off a bit. Got to go out on top. Hope he doesn't stay because then the Rams wont have any chance at him at all this year.........however small their chance is now anyway.

Athos

Legend
No way he returns to that FB field like the PTI guys were discussing. Not after all the off the field issues surrounding him.

I think this would prove a real desire to be a baseball player.

Gonna laugh so hard when he ditches FB.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, as expected. I would have been surprised if he stayed in school.