JaMarcus attempting a JaComeback

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
SI.com
http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/23/jamar ... t=uk_t2_a7

Former quarterback JaMarcus Russell, one of the biggest busts in NFL Draft history, will attempt a comeback, reports Yahoo! Sports.

Russell quickly flamed out of the NFL after the Oakland Raiders took him with the top pick in the 2007 Draft. In 2009, his last year in the league, Russell threw eight more interceptions than touchdowns and completed less than half of his throws.

He also struggled to control his weight during his career. Yahoo!’s report says Russell currently weighs 308 pounds. The 6-6 quarterback reportedly wants to get closer to his playing weight of 265 pounds.

“My first year out, I couldn’t watch football but after a while, I couldn’t keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch,” Russell told Yahoo!.

“The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family. People would say I didn’t love the game but that pisses me off. People don’t know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”

In July 2010, Russell was arrested for possession of codeine syrup without a prescription. He later admitted he had tested positive for the substance after the 2007 Draft.

Yahoo! reports Russell’s comeback will be a team effort led by former NFL receiver Mike Clayton. Among the others who will work with the quarterback are Jeff Garcia and [hil]Marshall Faulk[/hil].

Sports Illustrated‘s Jon Wertheim wrote about Russell’s post-football life in 2011. To read that story, click here.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If he can pass a drug screen ,,, he's gotta quit sippin that codeine syrup -

He might make one hell of a big offensive lineman.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Andy Reid's new pet project in KC?

He had the ability to sling the rock no problem, just had a box of rocks on his head...sounds like a Vick-esque scenario waiting to develop.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Warner4Prez said:
Andy Reid's new pet project in KC?

He had the ability to sling the rock no problem, just had a box of rocks on his head...sounds like a Vick-esque scenario waiting to develop.

Yep. Outside of his weight, physically he was capable (as are most QB busts).

But it all starts upstairs. Jamarcus doesn't have it. Ryan Leaf didn't have it. The laundry list is very long of those who had the physical tools but not the mental makeup.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Selassie I said:

Man that codeine syrup is the shit though. I had pneumonia several years back and my throat was RAW, so the doctor prescribed that stuff to me. I was addicted almost immediately. I mean, it really is very very good stuff. Fuzziness.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

Man that codeine syrup is the shit though. I had pneumonia several years back and my throat was RAW, so the doctor prescribed that stuff to me. I was addicted almost immediately. I mean, it really is very very good stuff. Fuzziness.

Yikes

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

Yikes
Yep. I finished the bottle in two days and went back for more. The doc says, "That's supposed to last a week. What happened?" I said, "my throat hurts, man... just gimme more." And he did. I had to fly over to Belgium the next day, and ran out of it again on the plane. lol. Luckily, the doctor over there didn't know I was taking it, and he prescribed the same. exact. thing. TWO bottles. By the time I got home, I was out again and decided I was going down the wrong path with that shit and just quit cold turkey. You wanna talk about a mean sumbitch for the following week? Whoa. I was fucking intolerable.

So, yeah. Moral of the story is ... I can see how JMarc got hooked on that stuff.

I wonder who his hookup is... ? :lol:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
tumblr_mg2ostfltn1rpntveo1_500.gif

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
X said:
I wonder who his hookup is... ? :lol:

How the hell does his hookup get all of that shit in the first place?
I'm sure it was no problem at all. There are some dudes who can get anything.

1249167_f520.jpg