Jalen Ramsey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Hes also playing about fourteen different positions if you haven't noticed. He is playing a bunch outside, a bunch in the slot. He can do zone, he can do man, he can press, he can blitz and he is probably the best corner in the league vs the run.

I seriously dont know what some guys are watching sometimes because it's clearly not Ramsey.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even the best get beat every now and then. Right now, they aren't completing the passes. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Ramsey is playing great football for us in a very diverse role.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Sometimes the super fast guys can get by him, so give him some safety help over the top when he's covering a guy like that. But most times, he locks down whoever he's covering. I'm not worried about him.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I was cool with his play. No one is perfect, but he's a stud DB. The thing that caught my eye as I re-watched the game today was his hamming it up every chance he got. Every high profile play, he seemed to be right in the camera lens for. Coincidence? Maybe, but man..... he was in front of the cam constantly on/or after plays he wasn't the main player in.

tempests

Hall of Fame
His aggressive, physical tackling and his versatility have really stood out this year and he is playing a prominent role in the Rams stingy defense. Teams don't throw at him often and he doesn't give up much.

Occasionally a receiver gets the better of him and unfortunately for corners they're exposed out there. Still, he's been a much more positive than negative net effect.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He's not glued to the WR's hip, but he's usually in good position and he hits like a truck. He plays with the mentality of a LB. His physicality adds a layer of toughness to the secondary.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
What confuses me is that sometimes when Ramsey is up on-the-line in man coverage, he does not seem to even attempt to make contact with the receiver. It's Bump-and-Run without the Bump.

Bump Damn It ... BUMP!

OK, I feel a little better now.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Offense always has the advantage so even the best defensive back is going to get burned on occasion. That said, I think Ramsey is one of the best defensive backs in the game and I'm glad he's a Ram.

TexasRam

Legend
The thing about Ramsey I love is he is such a fierce competitor. He wins continually in the moment. A CB has to continually take calculated risks in coverage and so far his risks have worked out.

His physical presence and key stops show up every single week.

The only thing I think we need to clean up, is communication on the back end. The deep safety’s need to know when he is breaking on underneath routes. Or he needs to know when they have deep coverage.

Remember the 2019 Jimmy G pass? Ramsey and Rapp werent on the same page.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ramsey is a straight up bad ass and the Rams are one of only a small handful of teams where he isn't automatically the best defensive player on the roster and then there are several more teams Ramsey would automatically be the best player on the whole roster.

I couldn't be happier to have him swinging his swag like a pair of 80 year old balls for our team.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I couldn't be happier to have him swinging his swag like a pair of 80 year old balls for our team.
1603957317353.png

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Foles was throwing shit up, and he was gambling for a pick six. I'm sure they'll watch film of those few plays and he'll correct it. He's a student.

Also, you're not burnt if they don't catch it.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Well said! You can't take away every possible play on defense, you have to make choices. And I'm sure Ramsay and the coaches will be in communication about the best approach in specific situations.

In the meantime can't help but think we would have posters going postal over "soft" coverage if Ramsay were giving up short completions for first downs.
Oh you can't? Weird.
~Rams November 4, 1979 :ROFLMAO:

dang

Legend
Peters shys away from contact, and whiffs on a lot of tackles. Peters is a good zone CB, but tackling has never been a strength for Peters.
You mean runs away from contact. I don’t know another NFL defensive player who avoids contact like Peters. It’s shocking that he isn’t called out on it by coaches, players, opponents.