Jalen Collins CB depth!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mundt cut....
Poutasi cut from PS
That wasn't long. Indicates Rams bringing in a street free agent and not bringing up Kevin Peterson...Maybe they were awarded Collins, who knows?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's be real, teams don't release superstars at this point in the season. But he's 24 years old and put out good film last year. Meanwhile, we were forced to rely on a rookie UDFA who got torched mercilessly. I'd take the shot. We'll see what happens.
Come on Jrry reread what I said in both spots. First I just said what Falcons fans are saying about him. In the second I said I am not against signing him. I simply relayed what was being said about him by his former teams fans.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If he stays clean, I like his potential over Webster's. He's a 2'nd rounder out of LSU, young at 24, 6'1", and ran a 4.48-40 at the Combine. 28 Tackles, 2 interceptions in 8 games last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on Jrry reread what I said in both spots. First I just said what Falcons fans are saying about him. In the second I said I am not against signing him. I simply relayed what was being said about him by his former teams fans.

I read what you said the first time. I didn't dispute anything you said. I reaffirmed my interest in him. The Falcons cutting him would support your claims that he hasn't looked as good this year in practice and the preseason. My point is that I believe the juice is worth the squeeze considering our options (if Wade thinks he fits the scheme).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Only move I'd be lookin at right now is signing Spruce off the Bears' practice squad. I don't like the CB options out there and don't see us improving much with any of these clowns off the street.

There's seven weeks left. At least Spruce can step in and know wtf he's doing but at this point he's not going to make much of a different either.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I say bring him in for a look, he knows if he screws up again his NFL career will be over. Also if we bring him on board it means the Seachickens can't get him. He has good measurables and talent now let's see how bad he wants to stay in the NFL. This could just be the move the Rams need since they stood pat at the trade deadline.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
We can't just add another player to the roster without cutting someone. Who gets the axe in order to bring in this two-time PED cheater that gets a starting job handed to him?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
We can't just add another player to the roster without cutting someone. Who gets the axe in order to bring in this two-time PED cheater that gets a starting job handed to him?

They cut TE Johnny Mundt so the Rams have an opening on their roster presently.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I didn't realize Mundt was still with the team...

They added Mundt a couple of weeks ago from the practice squad because of the injury to TE Derek Carrier, however, Carrier is back so they released Mundt and most likely might add a CB or an Offensive Lineman.

manmaderam

The one and only
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree that he would be a low risk high reward player. Would be good depth help and worse comes to worse, trade him for a draft pick lol

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Originally said no, but i woke up this morning with a different view. TruJo may very well be gone next season, we not only need a replacement but we need depth. We could get the depth and experience with a small price tag by acquiring Collins. I'd still try and grab a cb in the draft, but now we only need to use one pick on cb instead of possibly 2.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Haven't heard anything, guess he must have cleared waivers by now.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Only move I'd be lookin at right now is signing Spruce off the Bears' practice squad. I don't like the CB options out there and don't see us improving much with any of these clowns off the street.

There's seven weeks left. At least Spruce can step in and know wtf he's doing but at this point he's not going to make much of a different either.
Nelson Spruce? The former Rams WR? I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t help our CB situation.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
i say give Hatfield a freakin' break
The kid has potential
He's gonna be a good productive role player if we can find a way to keep players like McLeod, Jenkins, Tru
Dude's a back up / young player - being forced into starting roles due to injury and everyone expects him to be Todd Lyght - jeeeesh

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The kid has potential
He's gonna be a good productive role player if we can find a way to keep players like McLeod, Jenkins, Tru
Dude's a back up / young player - being forced into starting roles due to injury and everyone expects him to be Todd Lyght - jeeeesh
This. Let him get practice with the ones and be part of the game plan before writing him off.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The kid has potential

I don't expect Todd Lyght, but I do expect someone to play aggressive and not passive, Hatfield gave a ton of room to Thielen and although Thielen is not that slow, he's not Bob Hayes either. I realize it was a tough situation, but I expect if beat and giving a guy a ten yard cushion, to make a tackle, he's in the NFL and i expect him to be able to make an open field tackle.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Collins cleared waivers without being claimed he's a free agent now.