Jake Long’s serious health issues and recovery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As for Jake Long, are you kidding me?

Nah. He played well when he did. Missing the last game isn't a big deal IMO. Played fine until his ACL. Shit happens, never know. Just ask Deshaun Watson. If they somehow had a time machine and looked at the future, they probably woudln't have signed him. Probably would've told Sam Bradford slide instead of running out of bounds, too.

Not really.
Well's knee was injured and operated on in Mid May of 2012, a couple days into the spring practice season. Then he mysteriously disappeared with Fisher calling it due to personal reasons, which really was about Well's and his wife adopting kids in Africa. This might be the frustration that I remember because EARLY in his time with the Rams, he sported a bandaged knee while others practiced, and then he was gone.

THEN he broke his foot in the first game of the season vs the Lions:
"The injury will cost him at least six games because of the new injured reserve rules. The new rule states that Wells can return to practice as early as Week 6, yet his first game can't come until Week 8. A fractured metatarsal requires surgery, and the recovery timetable varies based on which metatarsal he broke."

Our prized new FA Center in 2012 played 7 games for us.

Yeah I messed up the injuries. That doesn't negate the fact when he was signed, he was playing at a pro-bowl level. It's a "disaster" in hindsight, not foresight.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Not that my credibility is it is at an all-time high here but....
:D

I hated the signing of Jake Long from the very beginning.

He ended the prior 2 years on injured reserve which made him a 50-50 shot at best.
Way too expensive for a 50-50 shot.
It helped ruin the continuity of the line as well.
Didn't like the Scott Wells signing from the git either.

Guys coming off injuries?
That's not how you build an o line.

Draft and develop.

When Fisher arrived we had under contract;
Jason Brown
Saffold
Jacob Bell

Add Cordy Glenn to that mix and you've got the beginning of an o line.

But who did Jeff Fisher pick?

Probable 4th rounder Brian Quick.
Stunning mistake.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nah. He played well when he did. Missing the last game isn't a big deal IMO. Played fine until his ACL. crap happens, never know. Just ask Deshaun Watson. If they somehow had a time machine and looked at the future, they probably woudln't have signed him. Probably would've told Sam Bradford slide instead of running out of bounds, too.

Yeah I messed up the injuries. That doesn't negate the fact when he was signed, he was playing at a pro-bowl level. It's a "disaster" in hindsight, not foresight.

we gambled on veteran FA's and lost, was all that I meant...You win some and you lose some. These just fed into the black hole we were in.