Jake Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well hello Ramsfan14 first time I have come across your post...nice to have you aboard this ultra fine Rams forum welcome to RODville!

Yes sir I would be fine if the entire draft was OL'ers with a few DB's sprinkled in. The protection of Bradford is priority number one! If you can run the ball sure takes the pressure off Sam & certainly prevents Sam from those many third & long hits.

I agree its very hard to trust Ol'er like Saffold, Wells, Dahl & long with there recent injury issues. I agree with you the Jake Long serious injury puts a dark cloud on a very shaky 2014 OL problem & does change everything. Think about this Saffold is a much much better OL'er than Barksdale in all areas of the game but Barksdale remains healthy for all 16 games something Saffold has not done since his rookie season in 2010. Barksdale basically bumps Saffold clean out of his starting post....says something about being able to remain on the field & playing!

I look forward to your future posts.

PhxRam

Maybe its time to see what the Rok is cooking.. Cuz you know he is.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am not so sure I would use Saffold as an insurance policy for Long.

If you do, you better have an insurance policy for the insurance policy.

Now you have just short circuited my one working brain cell!

Counting on the most injured OL in Rams recent history as your main coverage OL'er for the important OLT post (the very post he was moved from because he was always injured) while the often injured Jake Long is out....not a good plan I don't think so..I would send you back to the planing room for a completely different strategy. I was consider Saffold my last ditch emergency back up OLT at best.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let's not forget Jake started 16 this year.