Jake Long Decision To Come Down To Miami or St.Louis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
CGI_Ram said:
If I had to guess;

ST LOUIS ADVANTAGES

I think Jake likes the coaching situation in St. Louis better. It's a more stable situation top down.

I think Jake sees the overall situation in St. Louis (team wise) to be stronger with a higher probability to win games. We might have some holes, but a lot of the big pieces are nailed down.

St. Louis is a fresh start and I suspect has the better offer on the table. Perhaps he feels somewhat jaded by the way Miami handled his free agency.

MIAMI ADVANTAGES

Let's face it; they have the more glamourous city. Jennifer Lopez owns a piece of the team... LOL.

It's hard to know for sure, but it appears his wife is heavy into the Miami scene. A status thing.

It's his "home team". He doesn't have to do anything except sign the contract.

WHAT HAPPENS?

If I had to guess; I think the fact he hasn't decided yet gives some hope for St. Louis and he truly likes the direction of the team... but I suspect he stays in Miami because of ancillary reasons, like his wife, his home, etc.

I will say this; if he chooses St. Louis - he's coming here to win. The offers are probably not that much different.
I just want to know what he chose, the anticipation is killing me lol.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, one thing's for sure... Jackie will let us know once she decides.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Selassie I said:
Well, one thing's for sure... Jackie will let us know once she decides.

And Jake Long is no different than any of us...Your family does play a role in this and at present his wife is the only family he has. They have no children. And let's be honest, if you're young with money would you rather be in St. Louis or South Beach? No reason to hammer Jackie with regard to where she wants to be, but we and others should not know that only her husband should, but like many of that generation they just can't help tweeting and facebooking their whole lives for the world to see.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
You've also got Miami adding some serious weapons on Offence, and lets be honest, we haven't improved our offence since last season, I'm sure that has something to do with this delay too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
den-the-coach said:
And Jake Long is no different than any of us...Your family does play a role in this and at present his wife is the only family he has. They have no children. And let's be honest, if you're young with money would you rather be in St. Louis or South Bearch? No reason to hammer Jackie with regard to where she wants to be, but we and others should not know that only her husband should, but like many of that generation they just can't help tweeting and facebooking their whole lives for the world to see.

This^^^

I get the reasoning behind staying in Miami AND I wish people would stop fucking tweeting and FBing every damn thing they do. I think she was pretty shallow and inconsiderate but compared to some of the shit people tweet and FB, it was fairly benign.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Selassie I said:
I see an "NFL Wives" show coming soon.

Do they really matter? Show the ones that are raisng the children right and utlizing the money for the right reasons not just face time for a charity focusing on puppies for starving African children.

bluecoconuts

Legend
den-the-coach said:
Selassie I said:

Do they really matter? Show the ones that are raisng the children right and utlizing the money for the right reasons not just face time for a charity focusing on puppies for starving African children.

Those shows are all so stupid.

Oh man, raising my two kids in my million dollar mansion with my million dollar NFL player husband is so hard because he's gone for 10-14 weekends a year! Life is so hard!

How about we show the wife of a firefighter or cop or deployed soldier who has to raise her two kids, barely making it financially and worrying about if their husband is going to even come home. Those are the people we should admire, not the girl who happened to bag a rich guy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
bluecoconuts said:
How about we show the wife of a firefighter or cop or deployed soldier who has to raise her two kids, barely making it financially and worrying about if their husband is going to even come home. Those are the people we should admire, not the girl who happened to bag a rich guy.

Amen!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
bluecoconuts said:
den-the-coach said:
Selassie I said:

Those shows are all so stupid.

Oh man, raising my two kids in my million dollar mansion with my million dollar NFL player husband is so hard because he's gone for 10-14 weekends a year! Life is so hard!

Unfortnatly most of todays society want to escape into the lives of people they can never be like or they want stupid showss of people getting crotch kicked

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
WTF is this clown waiting for?
Make a decision already.

Iron Lion

Starter
Maybe he's getting free first class flights back and forth and getting free gourmet food platters all the time so he figures there's no rush.

A55VA6

Legend
Or he really wants St. Louis but his wife is making him choose Miami so he's stuck in the middle.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
A55VA6 said:
Or he really wants St. Louis but his wife is making him choose Miami so he's stuck in the middle.
I had the same thought that he really wants a fresh start, but the peer pressure of keeping him stay in Miami will ultimately screw the RAMS.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Barrison6 said:
A55VA6 said:
I had the same thought that he really wants a fresh start, but the peer pressure of keeping him stay in Miami will ultimately screw the RAMS.

Exactly as I see it. Hopefully it doesn't take much longer. Maybe tomorrow.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[tweet]313432943941009410[/tweet]

paceram

Pro Bowler
X said:
[tweet]313432943941009410[/tweet]

You have to give Incognito credit - he apparently launched a one man PR War and it wouldn't surprise me if he is the one that actually persuaded Long to re-sign with the Dolphins (if, he does indeed choose them and unfortunately I think he will)!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Holt tweets back...
Quote:
@BigGame81 you tell him someone who won't get flagged 5 times a game