Jake Funk designated to return

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Great news to get some players back at a crucial point in the season. Bring on the next few weeks!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do like Funk's game. But man it just feels like he's made of glass. Hope he can hold up.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Funk. Make sure he is healthy and work him in to the fold.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good news, but if Sony isn't the guy over Hendo and everyone else i'll be disappointed. His usage is key to our offense IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good news, but if Sony isn't the guy over Hendo and everyone else i'll be disappointed. His usage is key to our offense IMO.
Yep. Sounds like McVay isn't quite done learning the hard way that Sony's the guy. Hope it doesn't require a loss to Seattle when the division is looking wide open for them to make a move. But you know that's been McVay's teams tbh. Every single time they have a chance mid to late season to seize a higher seed they tend to fuck it up.

Hope this year's team is different but yeah he's gonna have to stop and realize how much Sony's a part of that offensive resurgence. The guy's pass blocking is superb too, far better than the others.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. Sounds like McVay isn't quite done learning the hard way that Sony's the guy. Hope it doesn't require a loss to Seattle when the division is looking wide open for them to make a move. But you know that's been McVay's teams tbh. Every single time they have a chance mid to late season to seize a higher seed they tend to fuck it up.

Hope this year's team is different but yeah he's gonna have to stop and realize how much Sony's a part of that offensive resurgence. The guy's pass blocking is superb too, far better than the others.
You and i are on the same page here. I'm a fan of Henderson but...

I feel like with Hendo, if there are 4 yards there to get he'll get it...but if there are 4 yds there to get with Sony, he'll get you 6 or 7 yards(much like Akers). Sony will also get you 2 yards when there's nothing there....unlike Hendo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. And it's confidence too tbh. The minute Sony is in there the OL changes. They always seem timid as F when Henderson's the guy and that goes way back. It was the same feel when Akers started going into the game, you just could feel the tone change.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes. And it's confidence too tbh. The minute Sony is in there the OL changes. They always seem timid as F when Henderson's the guy and that goes way back. It was the same feel when Akers started going into the game, you just could feel the tone change.
Agreed. When the Rams are soft it's when Hendo is in there and slamming into his own OL or catching swing passes creating 3rd & long(s).

As you pointed out the Rams have been more physical up front when Sony is the focus, as well as finding themselves in more advantageous down & distance situations.

From a business standpoint i doubt Sony returns next year if Akers' comeback is successful. Run his ass into the ground for the next month. It's not like he's worn down right now.

Like you said though dude, i'm afraid that McV thinks that Hendo at RB gives his offense a better chance to start fast, be more explosive etc. I can see some of the logic there, but going for the quick strike isn't going to be there vs the better teams(playoffs) and Sony allows you to move the chains more methodically than Hendo.

Ram65

Legend
Good for Funk.

Interesting to see how McVay splits the running back carries. I still like Henderson. He makes fast cuts and has a solid YPC.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Funk is back? Great! maybe he can fall on a damn on sides kick for us!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good to see him coming back. Another guy who knows the playbook and can take meaningful snaps in a game we really need.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great news. We need all the help and depth we can get.... Especially at RB and Special teams.

oldnotdead

Legend
Funk and Howard coming back. Both provide good depth at positions of need. This needs to keep rolling to peak in December and roll right into the playoffs.

IMO the #1 seed is over rated. I think that bye does more harm than good for a team playing at their peak.