Jake Ellenbogen's 2018 Top Defensive Players Free Agency Prediction

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Jake Ellenbogen's 2018 Top Defensive Players Free Agency Prediction
February 20, 2018 | By:Jake Ellenbogen
227364_daa257a502314e478dc18c02d0e70168~mv2_d_3000_2000_s_2.webp

I gave you the first dose of my free agency predictions earlier with this article on the top offensive players. Now, I move over to the defense.

EDGE rushers
227364_6c155859b45447a9a42907340fabb7ea~mv2.jpg

upload_2018-2-20_22-15-21.gif

DeMarcus Lawrence, 25 years old, Dallas Cowboys
PFF Grade: 3rd
FA Destination: Dallas Cowboys
Contract: Franchise Tag - 1 year, $16.9 million
Explanation: DeMarcus Lawrence is only 25 years of age and just had an elite season in one of the weaker pass rush free agent classes. He's going to be paid big time, but the Cowboys need to get their bearings and tag him first and foremost. Lawrence is already expected to be tagged by Dallas according to multiple reports.

Ezekiel Ansah, 28 years old, Detroit Lions
PFF Grade: 40th
FA Destination: Indianapolis Colts
Contract: 4 years, $60 million
Explanation: Ezekiel Ansah is rumored to not be a fit for the Lions new scheme under Matt Patricia. The Colts are a team with a lot of cap that will pursue these free agents hard. Ansah struggled to start the year but finished strong and is in a weak class that was even made weaker because of Lawrence being tagged.

Kony Ealy, 26 years old, New York Jets
PFF Grade: 60th
FA Destination: New York Jets
Contract: 4 years, $31 million
Explanation: Kony Ealy and the Jets have mutual interest to get a deal done. The Jets have no interest in letting Ealy go when they have as much cap space as they do. He was a gift last off-season, the Patriots traded a second-round pick for him and waived him. The Jets can't afford to just let someone like that leave.

Alex Okafor, 27 years old, New Orleans Saints
PFF Grade: 22nd
FA Destination: New Orleans Saints
Contract: 2 years, $14 million
Explanation: Alex Okafor received the starting job for New Orleans and was great during his time this season. The only issue is that he went down with an injury. He only signed a one-year deal but I expect him to re-sign with the Saints.

Defensive interior linemen
227364_608956fb61774be595e05aa5c89ff5ec~mv2.jpg

Sheldon Richardson, 27 years old, Seattle Seahawks
PFF Grade: 27th
FA Destination: Atlanta Falcons
Contract: 5 years, $60 million
Explanation: I don't think the Seahawks have a chance of signing Richardson unless they tag him. I think the Falcons are a perfect scheme fit next to Grady Jarrett and I think that the Falcons will replace Dontari Poe.

Star Lotulelei, 28 years old, Carolina Panthers

PFF Grade: 109th
FA Destination: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Contract: 4 years, $32 million
Explanation: The Buccaneers are expected to part with defensive tackle Chris Baker and Lotulelei is likely out of Carolina. It's a good fit overall putting him next to Gerald McCoy. The Bucs have space and the Panthers can't wait to try out first-round pick Vernon Butler with Lotulelei's departure.

Dontari Poe, 27 years old, Atlanta Falcons
PFF Grade: 35th
Contract: 3 years, $19 million
Explanation: It was discussed last year whether or not Poe would leave and reunite with Chris Ballard in Indy. I didn't buy it because I felt like Poe was staying in Kansas City. That didn't happen, and Poe went to Atlanta one a one-year deal but now I expect the Colts and Ballard to bring in Poe and replace at Al Woods at nose tackle.

Linebackers
227364_376c38901a3b4b68888f575ec215574f~mv2.jpg

Avery Williamson, 25 years old, Tennessee Titans
PFF Grade: 10th
FA Destination: Tennessee Titans
Contract: 4 years, $42 million
Explanation: There is a good chance that the best linebacker on the market or at least the most valuable is the most underrated. No one is talking about the 25-year old linebacker that is coming off a Pro Bowl caliber season. Williamson might be a great fit for the Steelers after playing under Dick LeBeau and with the injury to Ryan Shazier but I fully expect the Titans to step up to the plate and pay Williamson. A better way to put it, I don't see a former linebacker who is now the Head coach in Mike Vrabel willing to part with his best linebacker on the roster for no reason whatsoever.

Preston Brown, 25 years old, Buffalo Bills
PFF Grade: 42nd
FA Destination: Buffalo Bills
Contract: 4 years, $35 million
Explanation: Preston Brown wants to stay with the Bills and the Bills likely want to keep him in Buffalo. At 25, there is still plenty of potential left for an already very good player in Brown. Could he leave? Sure, but I would most likely bet on him staying in western New York.

Tahir Whitehead, 27 years old, Detroit Lions

PFF Grade: 25th
Contract: 4 years, $32 million
Explanation: Tahir Whitehead could come back to Detroit but I expect him to go to where he gets paid the most. This is likely going to be the last chance for Whitehead to nab a long-term deal and the Saints provide the ability to lead a team in the middle of the defense, a good defense at that and an overall good team that wasn't far from the NFC title game. No, I don't think Craig Robertson, A.J. Klein and Manti Te'o is enough. Whitehead can really help bolster that linebacker core.

Anthony Hitchens, 25 years old, Dallas Cowboys
PFF Grade: 20th
Contract: 4 years, $26 million
Explanation: The Giants would be the perfect fit for Anthony Hitchens but they won't be able to outbid the Colts. Sure, the Cowboys will want Hitchens back but in the end, he goes and reunites with Matt Eberflus who left the Cowboys to become Defensive coordinator in Indianapolis. The Colts have tons of money to spend and should probably use most of it on repairing that defense. The linebackers could use a major upgrade and luckily you don't end up having to take out a mortgage on a 25-year old LB, because Hitchens is a total value pickup.

Nigel Bradham, 28 years old, Philadelphia Eagles
PFF Grade: 21st
FA Destination: Philadelphia Eagles
Contract: 2 years, $13 million
Explanation: The Eagles cannot afford to let Bradham leave in free agency. The reigning Super Bowl champions will have a rough time fitting him under the cap but with some wiggle room the Eagles can make it happen and I expect they will.

Demario Davis, 29 years old, New York Jets
PFF Grade: 8th
FA Destination: New York Jets
Contract: 3 years, $15 million
Explanation: Demario Davis took almost a three million dollar pay cut before the season started to stay with the Jets. He responded by having a huge season and now he's definitely in the Jets plans. Again, lots of cap space and value? I don't see Davis leaving New York.

NaVorro Bowman, 29 years old, Oakland Raiders
PFF Grade: 11th
FA Destination: Oakland Raiders
Contract: 3 years, $12.5 million
Explanation: Bowman was cut like he didn't matter but the Raiders didn't care. They scooped him up and he had a great year. With Jon Gruden now in command, I would expect Bowman to retained for sure.

Cornerbacks
227364_f61d6ca2d7f345f39a70a46d16c74803~mv2.jpg

Kyle Fuller, 26 years old, Chicago Bears
FA Destination: Chicago Bears
Contract: Franchise Tag - 1 year, $14.2 million
Explanation: I could see the Bears not tagging Fuller and letting him test free agency but the Bears know he is a goner if he gets out on the open market. Teams like the Chiefs who could pair him with his brother Kendall, the Colts who have a lot of cap space, the Browns, the 49ers and even more teams could make a run at Fuller. Vic Fangio stayed as Defensive coordinator, you cannot afford to let Fuller leave now. Bears tag Fuller for sure.

Malcolm Butler, 27 years old, New England Patriots
PFF Grade: 51st
FA Destination: Green Bay Packers
Contract: 5 years, $67 million
Explanation: Look, Malcolm Butler is way more than just an interception in the Super Bowl. He's surprisingly been underrated since doing that and this year he was disrespected after the Patriots decided to not only avoid paying Butler but sign a free agent to a big contract in what was seemingly replacing Butler. The Packers just made a fantastic hire of Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine, he is going to need to really turn this defense around and that will certainly require a lockdown on-an-island cornerback like Butler. Ted Thompson is no longer the General manager and you may actually see a Green Bay splash this season. It's a good fit for both parties involved.

Trumaine Johnson, 28 years old, Los Angeles Rams
PFF Grade: 68th
Contract: 5 years, $63 million
Explanation: Jon Gruden has always spoken highly of Trumaine Johnson when he has covered the Rams on ESPN Monday Night football. I think the Raiders have some nice secondary pieces in the form of Karl Joseph, Obi Melifonwu and Gareon Conley but the Raiders lack another true corner next to Conley. With T.J. Carrie hitting free agency and Sean Smith completely underachieving I expect Johnson to stay in the west coast and sign with the Raiders. Johnson wants to come back to the Rams but it appears the Rams are ready to move on from him according to a report from Jason La Canfora.

E.J. Gaines, 25 years old, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 13th
Contract: 5 years, $50 million
Explanation: E.J. Gaines has been a really good cornerback in his career but his problem has been injuries. The 25-year old is likely going to leave Buffalo. I think his best fit is with the Titans. The team is already talented, they have the cap space and really can use Gaines to tune up the secondary. Gaines offers the versatility to play inside or outside with Logan Ryan and Adoree Jackson so he will fit in like a glove. Gaines with his age and his production when healthy makes him perhaps the most interesting free agent cornerback available.

Prince Amukamara, 28 years old, Chicago Bears
PFF Grade: 41st
FA Destination: Houston Texans
Contract: 1 year, $8 million
Explanation: This is the NFL mercenary of the league. Prince Amukamara signs another one-year deal and joins a struggling Texans secondary.

Bashaud Breeland, 26 years old, Washington Redskins
PFF Grade: 54th
Contract: 4 years, $29 million
Explanation: The Bucs are going to need to get younger at the cornerback position. Brent Grimes is 34 years old and is a free agent. Breeland is a nice piece that comes at a do-able cost and can join forces with Vernon Hargreaves III who Tampa Bay is hoping to develop into a star.

Patrick Robinson, 30 years old, Philadelphia Eagles
PFF Grade: 6th
FA Destination: Philadelphia Eagles
Contract: 3 years, $21 million
Explanation: The Eagles have one of the best General managers in the business. Howie Roseman who will be able to clear enough space to bring back breakout CB Robinson.

T.J. Carrie, 27 years old, Oakland Raiders
FA Destination: Los Angeles Rams
Contract: 3 years, $18 million
Explanation: T.J. Carrie just came off the best season of his career and it can not be understated. He will likely command at least five million annually and this could be one of the reasons the Rams decide to let Johnson walk in free agency. I think Carrie being a year younger, having an arguably more productive season and of course, being cheaper. It makes it obvious the Rams would go this route and acquire another CB via the draft.

Nickell Robey-Coleman, 26 years old, Los Angeles Rams
PFF Grade: 19th
Contract: 3 years, $16.5 million
Explanation: Arguably one of the best nickel cornerbacks in the league had himself a year for the Rams. The Rams are already expected to lose Trumaine Johnson, but that doesn't mean they are clearing house. I expect the Rams to give Robey-Coleman top nickel cornerback money.

Safeties
227364_1886d247245c47b2803db1a495f2a5f4~mv2_d_2949_2199_s_2.jpg

LaMarcus Joyner, 27 years old, Los Angeles Rams
Contract: Franchise Tag - 1 year, $10.8 million/Negotiated into 5 years, $53 million
Explanation: It's a no-brainer for the Rams to tag LaMarcus Joyner to be really honest. The 27-year old has a market value just below what he would get from the franchise tag so the Rams can tag him and work on a long-term deal. I think that's exactly what is bound to happen, the Rams are going to tag and then extend Joyner for five more years. This was the one Ram that didn't have his return in question. He basically started one season at the position and overnight became a superstar. You sign guys like that before they hit free agency.

Tre Boston, 25 years old, Los Angeles Chargers
PFF Grade: 30th
FA Destination: Los Angeles Chargers
Contract: 5 years, $45 million
Explanation: The Chargers struck gold with a one-year deal. Boston is going to get paid, he wants to stay in L.A. and the Chargers luckily have them money to make that happen.

Eric Reid, 26 years old, San Francisco 49ers
PFF Grade: 30th
Contract: 4 years, $36 million
Explanation: Eric Reid could come back but he's likely gone from the 49ers. The Buccaneers drafted Justin Evans last year and will need another safety to play alongside him due to the fact that Chris Conte simply isn't a starter at this level and T.J. Ward is a free agent. Reid's versatility next to Evans would allow the Buccaneers to finally patch up that secondary a bit.

Morgan Burnett, 29 years old, Green Bay Packers
PFF Grade: 47th
FA Destination: Houston Texans
Contract: 3 years, $24 million
Explanation: I don't see the Packers paying Burnett long-term after they invested a high pick on Josh Jones. I don't care how behind Jones might be, you cannot justify paying Burnett for four more years. Burnett definitely fits with the Texans and would instantly be their best safety to help in the backend of the secondary.

Tyvon Branch, 31 years old, Arizona Cardinals
PFF Grade: 6th
Contract: 1 year, $5 million
Explanation: I don't believe Melifonwu is ready to start at safety or corner for that matter, so let's bring Tyvon Branch back to Oakland and pay him for one year while Melifonwu grows into that role. Branch continues to play at a high level and the secondary I just predicted for the Raiders is starting to look scary.

Bradley McDougald, 27 years old, Seattle Seahawks
PFF Grade: 47th
Contract: 2 years, $6 million
Explanation: The Saints move on from Kenny Vaccaro and add an upgrade over Vonn Bell. McDougald was forced to play more snaps than he expected when Kam Chancellor & Earl Thomas went down with injuries during the season. He's not your top guy or your second guy but McDougald is a good player that works especially for the value. If the Saints can use his services for two years and then find their guy of the future next to Marcus Williams that would be a mission accomplished.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like your prediction of Oakland's TJ Carrie to L.A., especially in combination with a drafted CB for improved depth. This is one move i'd certainly approve of, and it gives us a less expensive alternative to overspending at the position.
Robey-Coleman is also high on the must re-sign list, right next to Joyner & Sullivan.

Admittedly, I hadn't really been paying much attention to free agent edge rushers as i'd been more inclined to save money by unloading the Quinn contract and using a top draft pick at this position. Not listed with your group, although right across the Bay from TJ Carrie, 49'ers free agent Aaron Lynch is another potential young & inexpensive OLB/DE depth addition, and like at CB, coupled with an OLB draftee, we might be just fine with or without Quinn in 2018.

With two expensive first round draft picks in Donald & Brockers, i'm not expecting the Rams to spend a ton of free agency money at NT, nor do I expect them to use our 1'st round draft pick here either as many have expressed an interest in on the draft page. Naturally, BPA will be our ultimate guide, but the Rams may get more bang for the buck elsewhere, or possibly even in a trade-down to add picks. The Rams are pretty good at rotating/substituting reserves, and if there is one thing we have a good deal of on our DL depth chart, it's pass rushing players. Westbrooks, Walker, Smart, Fox & Easley, all better against the pass than the rush. Our only untested player is a practice squad member who wasn't called up while we were struggling with the interior, Omarius Bryant. OK, this is getting strange now, but i'm going to offer another guy left off your list, raiding the Bay area once again, this time being Oakland Raider NT Justin Ellis, a guy carrying PFF's #21 grade as a rush blocker out of the 122 graded DT's.

I realize naming your 'top' players at each position is different than specifically looking at guys for the Rams, but i'm honestly more interested in who might fit our team, so at ILB, i'll nominate two more less expensive players that may work well in Wade's scheme, the often mentioned Todd Davis who worked under him in Denver, and my second pick, the Indy Colts' Jon Bostic, both players who excel as rush defenders.

The best thing is that the Rams can upgrade several positions for less money, so overspending is not something we have to do as the team looks towards the future re-signing of our top players in Goff, Gurley & Donald.

jmo.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Explanation: There is a good chance that the best linebacker on the market or at least the most valuable is the most underrated. No one is talking about the 25-year old linebacker that is coming off a Pro Bowl caliber season. Williamson might be a great fit for the Steelers after playing under Dick LeBeau and with the injury to Ryan Shazier but I fully expect the Titans to step up to the plate and pay Williamson. A better way to put it, I don't see a former linebacker who is now the Head coach in Mike Vrabel willing to part with his best linebacker on the roster for no reason whatsoever.

I am. Williamson is my top ILB target. I mentioned it on this forum. After that Bowman, then Pozluzny.

Ram65

Legend

I am. Williamson is my top ILB target. I mentioned it on this forum. After that Bowman, then Pozluzny.

Could be Barron's replacement. He is better at run stopping so he moves over to Tree's spot. Rams save money and get a younger healthier player. Reports are Titans don't have the cap/money to replace him.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Could be Barron's replacement. He is better at run stopping so he moves over to Tree's spot. Rams save money and get a younger healthier player. Reports are Titans don't have the cap/money to replace him.

Barron is under Contract. I don't think we part ways with him quite yet. But who knows.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I like your prediction of Oakland's TJ Carrie to L.A., especially in combination with a drafted CB for improved depth. This is one move i'd certainly approve of, and it gives us a less expensive alternative to overspending at the position.
Robey-Coleman is also high on the must re-sign list, right next to Joyner & Sullivan.

Admittedly, I hadn't really been paying much attention to free agent edge rushers as i'd been more inclined to save money by unloading the Quinn contract and using a top draft pick at this position. Not listed with your group, although right across the Bay from TJ Carrie, 49'ers free agent Aaron Lynch is another potential young & inexpensive OLB/DE depth addition, and like at CB, coupled with an OLB draftee, we might be just fine with or without Quinn in 2018.

With two expensive first round draft picks in Donald & Brockers, i'm not expecting the Rams to spend a ton of free agency money at NT, nor do I expect them to use our 1'st round draft pick here either as many have expressed an interest in on the draft page. Naturally, BPA will be our ultimate guide, but the Rams may get more bang for the buck elsewhere, or possibly even in a trade-down to add picks. The Rams are pretty good at rotating/substituting reserves, and if there is one thing we have a good deal of on our DL depth chart, it's pass rushing players. Westbrooks, Walker, Smart, Fox & Easley, all better against the pass than the rush. Our only untested player is a practice squad member who wasn't called up while we were struggling with the interior, Omarius Bryant. OK, this is getting strange now, but i'm going to offer another guy left off your list, raiding the Bay area once again, this time being Oakland Raider NT Justin Ellis, a guy carrying PFF's #21 grade as a rush blocker out of the 122 graded DT's.

I realize naming your 'top' players at each position is different than specifically looking at guys for the Rams, but i'm honestly more interested in who might fit our team, so at ILB, i'll nominate two more less expensive players that may work well in Wade's scheme, the often mentioned Todd Davis who worked under him in Denver, and my second pick, the Indy Colts' Jon Bostic, both players who excel as rush defenders.

The best thing is that the Rams can upgrade several positions for less money, so overspending is not something we have to do as the team looks towards the future re-signing of our top players in Goff, Gurley & Donald.

jmo.

I would love TJ Carrie to come here. The kid has some major skills, he also is way cheaper than Tru. Hopefully Oakland is dumb enough to let him walk. LA is definitely the higher profile job, but we'll see now that Gruden is in Oakland.

In regards to Quinn, I think we either unload Quinn or Barron, but not both. And at this point I'm not really sure who has more upside in Wades system. Both Quinn and Barron both showed vast vast improvement as the season progressed but somethings gotta give. Our Cap can't handle so many high priced Dlinemen and LB's.
Maybe, just maybe they love the Rams and McBae so much they restructure their contracts lol!!!

Here's to wishing! :yay:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
In regards to Quinn, I think we either unload Quinn or Barron, but not both. And at this point I'm not really sure who has more upside in Wades system. Both Quinn and Barron both showed vast vast improvement as the season progressed but somethings gotta give. Our Cap can't handle so many high priced Dlinemen and LB's.

Could be a few things that affect whether Quinn or Barron go, ... or both for that matter. Of course, free agency and the draft will take it's toll on last years roster, but Longacre's back recovery is no guarantee, and perhaps most significant is what amount of upfront CAP availability is used to re-sign Donald, all while making sure assets will be in place for when it's Goff & Gurley's time for a pay raise. Re-signing Watkins, a quality new CB to replace TruJo, re-signing Robey-Coleman, Joyner & Sullivan may all be more expensive than we wish, so Quinn & Barron's name could easily be raised to make room to get others under the CAP. As mentioned in another thread, the more money we can funnel to Donald & others now in the first year of a new contract, the burden of getting Goff paid will be eased, so some sacrifice today may very well pay-off in a year or two. It won't be an easy couple of years for Demoff's accounting crew. jmo.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
DeMarcus Lawrence, 25 years old, Dallas Cowboys
FA Destination: Dallas Cowboys
Contract: Franchise Tag - 1 year, $16.9 million
Explanation: DeMarcus Lawrence is only 25 years of age and just had an elite season in one of the weaker pass rush free agent classes. He's going to be paid big time, but the Cowboys need to get their bearings and tag him first and foremost. Lawrence is already expected to be tagged by Dallas according to multiple reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/22/report-demarcus-lawrence-wants-17-million-a-year/

DeMarcus Lawrence wants $17 million a year
Posted by Charean Williams on February 22, 2018

gettyimages-873376446-e1519335108520.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys are expected to use the franchise tag on DeMarcus Lawrence if they can’t come to a long-term deal before March 6. Since they have not even begun talks with the defensive end’s agent, it seems unlikely the sides will come to an agreement in less than two weeks.

Negotiations will begin next week in Indianapolis with Lawrence seeking to become one of the highest-paid defensive ends in the game.

Tom Pelissero‏ of NFL Media reports that Lawrence is looking for Olivier Vernon money. The Giants defensive end is the league’s highest paid at his position, per overthecap.com, with a yearly average of $17 million. Jason Pierre-Paul‘s contract averages $15.5 million to rank second, just ahead of Calais Campbell‘s $15 million average.

The franchise tag would fully guarantee Lawrence $17.5 million in 2018 on a one-year deal.

Lawrence, 25, had a breakout season with 14.5 sacks and 52 quarterback pressures in 2017. He fulfilled owner Jerry Jones’ search for a “war daddy” pass rusher, something the Cowboys had lacked since cutting DeMarcus Ware.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/22/report-demarcus-lawrence-wants-17-million-a-year/

DeMarcus Lawrence wants $17 million a year
Posted by Charean Williams on February 22, 2018

gettyimages-873376446-e1519335108520.jpg

Getty Images

The Cowboys are expected to use the franchise tag on DeMarcus Lawrence if they can’t come to a long-term deal before March 6. Since they have not even begun talks with the defensive end’s agent, it seems unlikely the sides will come to an agreement in less than two weeks.

Negotiations will begin next week in Indianapolis with Lawrence seeking to become one of the highest-paid defensive ends in the game.

Tom Pelissero‏ of NFL Media reports that Lawrence is looking for Olivier Vernon money. The Giants defensive end is the league’s highest paid at his position, per overthecap.com, with a yearly average of $17 million. Jason Pierre-Paul‘s contract averages $15.5 million to rank second, just ahead of Calais Campbell‘s $15 million average.

The franchise tag would fully guarantee Lawrence $17.5 million in 2018 on a one-year deal.

Lawrence, 25, had a breakout season with 14.5 sacks and 52 quarterback pressures in 2017. He fulfilled owner Jerry Jones’ search for a “war daddy” pass rusher, something the Cowboys had lacked since cutting DeMarcus Ware.
I was close hehe

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would love TJ Carrie to come here. The kid has some major skills, he also is way cheaper than Tru. Hopefully Oakland is dumb enough to let him walk. LA is definitely the higher profile job, but we'll see now that Gruden is in Oakland.

Maybe, just maybe they love the Rams and McBae so much they restructure their contracts lol!!!

Here's to wishing! :yay:

It could come down to which one is easier to replace. For me it is Barron. He is a better fit in a 4/3 than an inside lb in a 3/4. There will be free agents available that could fill his role. There are better run stuffers. Plus are we starting to see Baron break down physically? Go bigger and preferably younger. And cheaper.

Quinn may prove to be harder to replace. If the Rams can't land one of the top three pass rushing OLBs in the draft. He may be less productive than he was in the past but he is still productive. Signing other priorities may make cutting or trading Quinn unavoidable but I'd prefer they keep him and add someone in the draft too.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It could come down to which one is easier to replace. For me it is Barron. He is a better fit in a 4/3 than an inside lb in a 3/4. There will be free agents available that could fill his role. There are better run stuffers. Plus are we starting to see Baron break down physically? Go bigger and preferably younger. And cheaper.

Quinn may prove to be harder to replace. If the Rams can't land one of the top three pass rushing OLBs in the draft. He may be less productive than he was in the past but he is still productive. Signing other priorities may make cutting or trading Quinn unavoidable but I'd prefer they keep him and add someone in the draft too.

Problem I have with replacing Barron is in the middle of the season he was rated one the best LBs in the NFL. That's no small feat. I think the true problem was not having a true NT and having guys rotate in thst spot that are not run stuffers. Depends on how our FO attacks FA and the draft this year. They might be completely happy with him. We will find out soon enough