Jackson requests trade from Ravens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For some reason I could not paste the article, likely an iPad issue/user error.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Insert Michael Scott "please God, no" gif.

There's absolutely no way we can move Stafford, right? Right?!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Lamar Jackson breaks silence and confirms Baltimore Ravens trade request

Lamar Jackson has revealed to fans that he requested a move away from the Baltimore Ravens earlier this month, as he looks to get a 'change of scene' and find a new home

Lamar Jackson requested a trade from the Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens star Lamar Jackson requested a trade away from the franchise on March 2, the player has confirmed with a statement to his fans on Twitter.

Jackson was hit with a non-exclusive franchise tag by the Ravens earlier this offseason, allowing him to speak to other teams regarding a trade. The tag allowed the Ravens to match any incoming offer, but Jackson has decided that he wishes to move on from Baltimore.

The quarterback has remained silent on his future throughout most of the offseason, but sent a message to his fans on Twitter to set the record straight following certain reports that referenced his next steps. "A letter to my fans," his statement began.

"I want to first thank you all for all of the love and support you consistently show towards me. All of you are amazing and I appreciate y’all so much. I want you all to know not to believe everything you read about me.

"Let me personally answer your questions in regards to my future plans. As of March 2nd I requested a trade from the Ravens organization for which the Ravens has not been interested in meeting my value.

"Any and everyone that’s has met me or been around me know I love the game of football and my dream is to help a team win the Super Bowl. You all are great but I had to make a business decision that was best for my family and I."

View: https://twitter.com/Lj_era8/status/1640365152707944450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1640365152707944450%7Ctwgr%5E15bd970c42b6870918a9317219fcd96478af3510%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mirror.co.uk%2Fsport%2Fother-sports%2Famerican-sports%2Fbreaking-lamar-jackson-trade-ravens-29562576

"No matter how far I go or where my career takes me, I’ll continue to be close to my fans of Baltimore Flock nation and the entire State of Maryland. You’ll See me again."

Jackson's tweet came at a poignant time, as head coach John Harbaugh was speaking to reporters at the NFL Annual Meeting. According to NFL insider Tom Pelissero, Harbaugh repeatedly claimed that he expects Lamar Jackson to be the team's quarterback for the 2023 season.

"That’s my guy," Harbaugh was saying when speaking about Jackson - although the head coach is known for being a huge fan of the talented quarterback. However, it looks like Jackson won't be his guy for much longer, and there is a huge offseason ahead for both the player, and the Ravens franchise.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The Browns broke the QB market.

The Ravens are trying to fix it.

I don’t blame Lamar for trying to get his, but he may be disappointed in the end.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Jackson has some crazy skills, but for some reason I don't think of him as a top QB in the league. I don't think he could have led us to our last Super Bowl like Stafford did.....

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think Jackson has some crazy skills, but for some reason I don't think of him as a top QB in the league. I don't think he could have led us to our last Super Bowl like Stafford did.....
Yeah, he couldn't have made a few of those throws that Stafford made that won it for us, however, I wonder if his running ability may have made some of those throws easier or even not needed? The furthest LJax has made it was losing in the divisional round twice. He's had good teams, but, not teams with Donald, Ramsey, and Kupp on it. So, I'm not sure.

nighttrain

Legend
to me, he's a tailback that can pass a little. Just because of injurie possibilities would not want him on the Rams.
Once the legs are banged up, I think he'll just be average as a QB
train

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Never have liked the idea of a RB that can throw a little. I wouldn’t touch the dude, he would cripple the cap with what he wants and whoever gets him won’t win with him playing a half a year.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
What a pickle!

My guess is Baltimore trades him to Atlanta for the number 8 pick and a conditional 2/3 in 2024, assuming Anthony Richardson is there to replace him. Then he signs the same contract that Baltimore put on the table, 5 yrs - 3 guaranteed.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Atlanta has put together some pretty nice weapons for him. It will be interesting to see him with weapons, since all he's had for the most part was Andrews or perhaps its because he likes to throw underneath more and that is Andrews territory.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Too much like Kyler Murray, for me.... (though he may be a better passer...)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns broke the QB market.

The Ravens are trying to fix it.

I don’t blame Lamar for trying to get his, but he may be disappointed in the end.
I think the Browns may have broken it, but the Giants sure blew apart any possibility of the market ever adjusting towards a level of normalcy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's not worth top money as a QB, because he takes way too many shots from defenders with his play style and in the playoffs the moment his run threat is handled his team is out.

Some team will probably pay him a shit ton of money but I expect they won't get the full return they hope for. Gotta give the Ravens cred for being smart enough to draw a line on that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's to gain here for Baltimore? Playing 2023 with Huntley at QB?
Yikes