Jackie Slater will be rooting for the Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...later-will-root-for-his-son-and-the-patriots/

Rams Hall of Famer Jackie Slater will root for his son, and the Patriots
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2019

Slater-Jackie-2.jpg

Pro Football Hall of Fame

Pro Football Hall of Famer Jackie Slater played his entire 20-year career with the Rams, second only to former Lion Jason Hanson for the longest tenure with one team in NFL history. But on Super Bowl Sunday, Slater will be rooting against the Rams.

That’s because his son, Matthew Slater, is the Patriots’ special teams captain, and Jackie always supports his son’s team.

“I gave him a hard time, like, ‘Are you going to be coming to this game in Ram attire, waving a Ram towel?'” Matthew Slater said. “We had a good laugh. Ultimately I’m his son and he’s always going to support me and want to see me do the best I can and be successful. This coming weekend that will mean seeing the Patriots be successful, even against his old team.”

Although Matthew Slater still has a long way to go to match his father’s success in the NFL, he’s had quite a career for himself, lasting 11 seasons, all with the Patriots, earning two Super Bowl rings and being chosen to seven Pro Bowls. He and his dad both have a lot to be proud of.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I wouldn't have had this problem because I would have disowned him 11 years ago.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Although Matthew Slater still has a long way to go to match his father’s success in the NFL, he’s had quite a career for himself, lasting 11 seasons, all with the Patriots, earning two Super Bowl rings and being chosen to seven Pro Bowls. He and his dad both have a lot to be proud of.

7 pro bowls as a ST player. Wow. He seems to be a kind of Swiss Army Knife for them on ST's.

Seriously that's worth some consideration for the HoF.

freak him in the goat ass.

703_3_REAR.jpg

depositphotos_216038682-stock-photo-rear-view-white-goats-mechanized.jpg
:rolllaugh:

I sent your post to Jackie, and he said you could go first and he was even kind enough to make recommendations. He suggested you take the one in the top pic.

Personally I think the one on the far left of the second picture has a great looking taint and I think you should go that way.

:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Jackie can't lose no matter who wins, I guess...

JYB

Starter
I never realized Matthew Slater was Jackie's son. Oh well, love Jackie, and you can't hold this against him. Once his son is no longer playing for the Pats, his loyalty will return to where it's always been.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Chris Long was just on local radio here in Philly and stated he is not sure who wants to win with having friends on both teams.

He did call Aaron Donald "the best player that will be on the field", but surprised that rooting for Donald, Brockers, Saffold, etc, would not be a no brainer for him.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Man, that’s tough to stomach, but that’s his boy. Anyway, I’d never talk shit about him—especially to his face :rolllaugh:

Ironic though, that the Rams will be wearing the same blue and yellows that he wore. (y)

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
No excuse.... Life long Ram for what? 18-20 years??? Family or not... "I love ya son... but..."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Chris Long was just on local radio here in Philly and stated he is not sure who wants to win with having friends on both teams.

He did call Aaron Donald "the best player that will be on the field", but surprised that rooting for Donald, Brockers, Saffold, etc, would not be a no brainer for him.

I'm glad that CLong got to get a couple of rings.

He was a really good player for many years on a really shitty team.

He deserved the other side of the coin for a bit.

If the Rams decide to bring him back next year as rotational depth I would have NO problem with it.

And he is an A+ human which mean something too. At least to me.