Jabari Greer: Gregg Williams is best pro defensive coach I've played for

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
tumblr_mpqip1O62M1rge74zo1_500.jpg

Saints cornerback Jabari Greer calls Gregg Williams the best pro defensive coach he's played for. (USATSI)

After serving a one-year suspension for his role in Bountygate scandal, former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams didn't have to wait long to find a job. The Tennessee Titans hired Williams in February on the same day he was reinstated.

Williams probably didn't use Saints cornerback Jabari Greer as a reference to get the Titans job, but he could have. Greer had some high words of praise for Williams during a recent interview with WPRT-FM in Nashville.

"I think he was the best defensive coach that I've played for professionally," Greer said via TitanInsider.com.

Because you're now probably wondering, Greer has played for four defensive coordinators in his nine-year career. Greer spent his first five seasons in Buffalo playing under two different defensive coordinators: Jerry Gray and Perry Fewell.

In New Orleans, Greer has been coached by Williams and Williams' replacement, Steve Spagnuolo.

"Gregg did a great job of creating a professional approach to football. He made us accountable to each other," Greer said. "He really created something that we still live off of today in our defensive room. We play with a passion and we play with an intensity that is going to be unmatched."
Williams isn't popular with everyone, though. Former Giants linebacker Barrett Green has filed a lawsuit against Williams that alleges, "Redskins coaches directed their players to disregard criminal and civil laws, as well as NFL rules, to intentionally injure opponents."

Green claims he was injured in a 2004 game against the Redskins because Williams had a pay-for-performance program in place. Williams was Washington's defensive coordinator at the time.

As for Greer, we'll have to talk to him again after the 2013 season to see if Williams is still the best pro defensive coach he's ever played for because Greer will have someone else to compare Williams to: new Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
LOL at that last line. Da da (que the organ music), Rob Ryan.

I still think Rob Ryan is overrated. He and Rex are not the same guy. He did improve on Spagnoulos mess but who couldn't?