ITT: We're not pissed off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fancents86

Starter
This thread is for all those who are not pissed off. I was at work today thinking about the game, and foot ball in general, and started thinking about the possibility of losing today's game. Of course the anger and anxiety started kicking in until I realized what our situation is currently. Almost our entire Oline is full of back ups as well as our qb, and teams have figured out how to stop Gurley, our only offensive weapon besides Tavon. What football fan would give us the time of day and think we could win games with that many injuries? To put this is perspective, those of us who play weekly pick ems, I'm sure we all check the injury list to see who's playing and who's not. right? So imagine you're not a Rams fan and see almost our entire Oline is injured and our starting qb is benched. Would you honestly pick them to win? There's teams out there, good teams, where if they were to lose someone like their starting qb I question their ability to win. Let alone losing half their offense.

I've had to check my homerism at the door this season and remember what I said in the offseason after the draft. This season is gonna be ugly. Too many rookies on Oline and too many questions at qb. It sucks bc even I believe if we had equaled out our picks during these last 4 drafts we would not be in this situation. But we gotta roll with the punches i guess and hope for the best for next season. We drank WAY to much of our own kool aid when the writing was on the wall the entire time.

...And hopefully we pick up Tebow. ;)

Last edited:

bskrilla

Starter
We drank WAY to much of our own kool aid when the writing was on the wall the entire time.

bullshit. The talent was there. Injuries have sunk us to an extent, but even still I feel like the talent is there to field a team that is better than this garbage we're watching. (On offense, defense is playing fine).

Yes the O-line is young and inexperienced, but we have skill players who should be making a differnce. I'm still convinced our WR's are better than they have played, and I don't think Nick Foles was as bad as he played. I don't know what the problem is, but when I look at this team from afar I see the talent. Why in the fuck is that talent not producing. That's what I want to know.

Rainram

Starter
Yes, it's hard to overcome injuries. And we have had a litany of them. But...

1. They weren't injured all season. What was the excuse in the WAS, PIT games? Certainly not injuries.
2. Good teams overcome them.

And I know we had a suspect QB situation from the get-go, but we couldn't even get adequate play from anyone on offense not named Gurley and Tavon.

We have A LOT of talent on this team. Our record is not commensurate with such.

The focus needs to be squarely on our coaches. We just lost three straight games...
- One to a tough team on the road that we played grossly undisciplined against.
- One, at home, to a sub .500 team without their best player (don't hear them making excuses about missing their best player and playing on the road)...and we got DESTROYED
- One against a 2-win team. (yea, yea, they're better than their records indicates. Whatever. They've won two games all year). Laid an egg again, with our season on the line.

One thing is unequivocally clear to me.

Our team has flat-out been out-coached for the past three weeks. Out-coached by Zimmer, Fox and Harbaugh. Through a stretch of our schedule that was very winnable. Where we needed to establish ourselves. At a point in this regime's tenure that IT needed to make a statement. And they regressed. That's not a vent, or anger or frustration...it's an objective observation. While I've been somewhat disappointed in the D's performance...it's the coaching on the entire offensive side of the ball that has failed this season...and to a greater extent Fisher.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

How can you not be pissed off?

4 years of this regime and they've gone backwards every year. The only thing that kept me going during the years Sam was injured was next year the Rams will have a qb that can manage games and make a few plays when needed. I couldn't have been more deluded.

I feel like I've been conned by a snake oil salesman. Which is what Fisher has been when in charge of the Rams.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Yeah I'm not pissed off, but mainly because I expected this all along, never once thought Foles or Fisher were the answer, the way I see it is we're one step closer to a high pick QB, and if Stan has any desire to succeed in sports firing Fisher, plus the Eagles lost, so that's another bonus.

fancents86

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bullcrap. The talent was there. Injuries have sunk us to an extent, but even still I feel like the talent is there to field a team that is better than this garbage we're watching. (On offense, defense is playing fine).

Yes the O-line is young and inexperienced, but we have skill players who should be making a differnce. I'm still convinced our WR's are better than they have played, and I don't think Nick Foles was as bad as he played. I don't know what the problem is, but when I look at this team from afar I see the talent. Why in the freak is that talent not producing. That's what I want to know.
What makes you believe the talent is here now on our Oline? Receivers I believe we're fine with, I'll agree with you that they are playing worse than they should. But what player right now on out Oline would you be able to pick out and say "he's starter material"? I'd say none. Even with Havenstein and Brown, they've played good compared to how I thought, but they're still learning. What they did in college means absolutely nothing so IMO to place them as high as some people have I think is unreasonable.

Now our qb we'll just have to agree to disagree. Foles was flat out playing terrible. Throwing a ton of passes over the receiver, missing wide open players, holding onto the ball for way too long. And now we're on to Case who is 2-9 as a starter. Not starter material.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I'm not pissed off, but mainly because I expected this all along, never once thought Foles or Fisher were the answer, the way I see it is we're one step closer to a high pick QB, and if Stan has any desire to succeed in sports firing Fisher, plus the Eagles lost, so that's another bonus.
THIS

I refuse to be pissed off when a team that is built for failure, fails. I'm a Rams fan till I die, but I am realistic about this teams abilities. It is flawed from the top down.

Big Willie

Starter
I am not pissed off, but I look at the Arizona Cardinals as an example of a team that overcomes its obstacles. They have had many injuries to key personnel over the last two years and keep on winning. Last year they were on their third QB and found ways to win games. This year they've lost a number of key personnel for stretches and are still winning. Why? Great coaching and a roster constructed to score points. They signed a former exceptional QB (and worked to resurrect him) and invested in premier WRs, utilized free agency to fill holes, and incorporated creative playcalling with the intent of blowing out opponents. The Rams trade for a QB most pundits believe is average at best, invest only in young WRs, don't address the OL in FA, and have been predictable in playcalling since Fisher's arrival with the intent of winning close games.
I am not pissed.....I just think it's time to change regimes and philosophies.

rfa77

UDFA

1. They weren't injured all season. What was the excuse in the WAS, PIT games? Certainly not injuries.

And I know we had a suspect QB situation from the get-go, but we couldn't even get adequate play from anyone on offense not named Gurley and Tavon.

The focus needs to be squarely on our coaches. We just lost three straight games...
- One, at home, to a sub .500 team without their best player (don't hear them making excuses about missing their best player and playing on the road)...and we got DESTROYED
- One against a 2-win team. (yea, yea, they're better than their records indicates. Whatever. They've won two games all year). Laid an egg again, with our season on the line.

Our team has flat-out been out-coached for the past three weeks. Out-coached by Zimmer, Fox and Harbaugh. Through a stretch of our schedule that was very winnable. Where we needed to establish ourselves. At a point in this regime's tenure that IT needed to make a statement. And they regressed. That's not a vent, or anger or frustration...it's an objective observation. While I've been somewhat disappointed in the D's performance...it's the coaching on the entire offensive side of the ball that has failed this season...and to a greater extent Fisher.

Best post on the entire site. You hit it squarely on the head. Not sure what evidence has to be presented to show that this HC is just not, and never will be, an offense minded coach. His mentality is defensive, smash-mouth football, no more, no less. I am wondering what Donald and Gurley are thinking and how they got stuck with one of the sorriest franchises of the last 10 years? And then, you have DELETED on this site calling for the head of JL??? The Rams are riddled with an offensive offense and people are calling for JL to be replaced as one of the keys to turning this team around??

Last edited by a moderator:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

+100.

Sorry, it all comes back to Fisher...

He built this team in his own image.
He hand picked the coaches

By year four, it is NOT unreasonable to expect that we'd have a team that can produce on offense and, if injuries occur, there is quality depth across the roster (not just on defense and STs).

Fisher has failed to do that on offense... he's had four years to accomplish that goal... as long as he is in change, don't expect much from this team.. if you do, you do so at your own risk.

bbach

UDFA
I'm not overly pissed off about this year. This is normal for the Rams. I'm disappointed of course. More hope dashed as usual. What I'm pissed off about is that out of the last 30 years, we've only been good for about three of those years, all GSOT years. To expect fans back every year when you deliver this product is unthinkable. Yet, here we are. Fans of the Rams. Fans of the SOSAR. Ok, maybe I'm sorta overly pissed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
After our OL started going down like the Titanic, I didn't expect much. I had hope until then, but we needed better QB play.

Just for perspective, the Pats, even with Brady, have really struggled, mainly because of the OL, and they have infinite more experience, compared to us.

BTW, I think Rex is going to have a Denny Green moment, after this game.