It's Kind of Telling ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
That so far the rams have not added another OL during the bye week after putting Saffold on IR. Tells me that we are going to see them keep on building with their young core. Wichmann, Donnel, Williams, Rhaney and Battle are their guys. They like what they see and will continue with their development.

Normally after putting a starter on the OL .. the next week we saw them bring in and sign somebody as insurance. This time ... they have stood pat. I kind of like that. I think it's a good, young and talented group that will improve along with the guys currently starting. Good teams draft and develop their own.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
That so far the rams have not added another OL during the bye week after putting Saffold on IR. Tells me that we are going to see them keep on building with their young core. Wichmann, Donnel, Williams, Rhaney and Battle are their guys. They like what they see and will continue with their development.

Normally after putting a starter on the OL .. the next week we saw them bring in and sign somebody as insurance. This time ... they have stood pat. I kind of like that. I think it's a good, young and talented group that will improve along with the guys currently starting. Good teams draft and develop their own.

Great post, man. Agree completely. (y)

It shows confidence in their decisions and their players. I love it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it's an encouraging sign too.

Then again; it could be an example of Fisher being stubborn. (n)

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think it's an encouraging sign too.

Then again; it could be an example of Fisher being stubborn. (n)

It seems to me that they're putting more pressure on the young guys...Hope they're motivated and not overwhelmed...

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
I think it's the sign of a head coach who isn't worried about losing his job based on wins and losses.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I definitely like the idea of developing the players we drafted. I'm also not sure bringing a veteran no one else wanted would help us more than one of the young guys with their maybe brawn over brains at this point. It's not like we've faired well with veteran O-linemen. Does anyone know of someone available that would potentially be an upgrade over what we have?

I really do think these guys need to gel some more. We faced a very good and smart team last week. We are going to have problems with those kinds of teams until our guys figure things out. Let's just hope the offense as a whole improves and has used the bye week effectively. I want to see them actually dominate as a unit for a good part of this game. It's something I think they can do against the Browns. Not because the Browns are that bad. They're not. But because they will be prepared and actually show they are a team ready to take the NFC West.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
sorry i completely understand the reasoning and motive to sticking with the youth, building internally and thats great and all but at the same time this is complete bullshit. just shows me more that Fisher is in no goddamn hurry to get to a winning season. we all knew the odds of Saffold making it through the season were slim. couldn't even make it through 5 games. so what happens if another goes down? i don't wanna even think about it. its beyond frustrating at this point that i don't even see urgency in Fisher with that goddamn no emotion "cool" demeanor you see on the sideline and at the press conferences after embarrassing losses . again sorry but i gotta vent a bit at this. its year 4. this extremely talented elite defense will end up going to waste and miss the window of opportunity at the rate this offense is improving. which so far isn't any better than last year with the exception of Gurley and Tavon

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I definitely like the idea of developing the players we drafted. I'm also not sure bringing a veteran no one else wanted would help us more than one of the young guys with their maybe brawn over brains at this point. It's not like we've faired well with veteran O-linemen. Does anyone know of someone available that would potentially be an upgrade over what we have?

I really do think these guys need to gel some more. We faced a very good and smart team last week. We are going to have problems with those kinds of teams until our guys figure things out. Let's just hope the offense as a whole improves and has used the bye week effectively. I want to see them actually dominate as a unit for a good part of this game. It's something I think they can do against the Browns. Not because the Browns are that bad. They're not. But because they will be prepared and actually show they are a team ready to take the NFC West.
We have gone the "old" "oft-injured" "cast-off scrubs" route in FA before. And it bit us in the ass to the point that we are where we are ... It's time to have faith, patience and the WILL to develop our own.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As long as they don't blow the lighter games and are prepared for the tough ones later, fine. I wouldn't have chased the old vets but a trade quality would have been cool.

Debacled

Starter
Not bring a guy in off the street doesn't mean anything. They were heavy on the line with all the young guys to begin with, and really just what would a street FA provide over whats already on the roster?

Nothing to do with confidence in the young guys, everything to do with already having the next guy up sitting on the roster.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
We have gone the "old" "oft-injured" "cast-off scrubs" route in FA before. And it bit us in the ass to the point that we are where we are ... It's time to have faith, patience and the WILL to develop our own.

Agreed... Honestly though, patience is not a word I'm real thrilled with at this point...I'm fully aware that there is nothing I can do about it...Having said that, I'm in a very strange,. weird and scary place in my Rams fandom trek through life...I, for reasons unknown to me, won't be happy with just a win Sunday, I want to see 2 or 3 wins strung together...Brings to mind a old adage: Winning football games soothes the savage beast...Losing them, sucks cajones encased in a hairy scrotum...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
sorry i completely understand the reasoning and motive to sticking with the youth, building internally and thats great and all but at the same time this is complete bullcrap. just shows me more that Fisher is in no goddamn hurry to get to a winning season. we all knew the odds of Saffold making it through the season were slim. couldn't even make it through 5 games. so what happens if another goes down? i don't wanna even think about it. its beyond frustrating at this point that i don't even see urgency in Fisher with that goddamn no emotion "cool" demeanor you see on the sideline and at the press conferences after embarrassing losses . again sorry but i gotta vent a bit at this. its year 4. this extremely talented elite defense will end up going to waste and miss the window of opportunity at the rate this offense is improving. which so far isn't any better than last year with the exception of Gurley and Tavon
And what would that urgency look like? Pulling a lesser talent off of someone's practice squad? Who is out there that we could pull in and demonstrate that urgency? I don't see anyone waiting in line to give us a real O-line talent in trade for say - Cook for example.

Sure there are examples of teams that have gotten to the playoffs quicker with their new teams. There are also plenty of examples of teams that have gone in reverse or not gone much of anywhere with their new coaches.

The fact is that we are very much in the hunt for the division title this season. We have beaten the only two teams in our division we have played against. Every team would like to have turn arounds like we saw in AZ and Seattle. A couple of teams in the south are winning right now and MAYBE that is a sign that they are playoff bound. Maybe not though. It's still pretty early in the season.

I guess we'll see but I don't see lack of urgency in his demeanor. Lack of panic? Sure. If he doesn't get this team into the playoffs soon, I'm sure the seat will get hotter regardless of how urgent any of us see his steps. But I just don't see culling someone else's practice squad as a good step or one that shows he suddenly now means business.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wichman can like, really, really play...I bet he could start....today....physical specimen. That's what it tells me...They have a clue on what they have...Bet Donnal is getting better too...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As long as they don't blow the lighter games and are prepared for the tough ones later, fine. I wouldn't have chased the old vets but a trade quality would have been cool.
Agreed. But do you see anyone likely to be that quality trade? I wouldn't mind seeing it but I also don't think we are not doing it out of stubbornness or lack of urgency to win. Sometimes the best move is to just show confidence in what you have.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
If there was a NFL capable ready to roll OLine man out there he would have already been on someones roster. Like every other team they have to go with what they got.