It's awesome/sucks to be a Ram fan!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Oh to be a Ram fan
What ever a toll!!!
No matter win or loss
We still won the last Super Bowl!!!!!

(ad libbed on the spot...if you couldnt tell)

So yes, we are are Ram fans here i can assume? yes? cool!!!!

I think this post has been a long coming from me, and now it has weathered it's way out. This post covers why it is, and isn't good to be a Rams fan in a sense. The most basic of senses.

Going by the current Divisions, who is the last team to win the Super Bowl in the NFC West?

geee....i wonder......If anyone doesn't know, well then shame on you, but i figure most know the answer to that.

The St. Louis Rams

Since our miracle '99 season:

The Rams, Seahawks, Whiners, and Cardinals have all gone to the super bowl and lost.

Hawks lost to the Steelers
Cards lost to the Steelers
Whiners lost to the Ravens
(does anyone like the steelers who isnt a steeler fan? dont think i ever met one)

Yay us!!!!!!!

oh wait.....

After our win in the SB, we had a SB slump in a way. Still put up great stats, except in the most important category, the win/loss column.

We then returned to the SB in 2001 and lost to the Cheatriots.

For a few years after that we still were relevant and were a team that teams feared.

That slowly faded away. And we became the worst team in NFL history for a 5 year span.

Not so long before this occurred we were a team that many thought would be a dynasty. But yet we became a team that had the 5 worst year span ever in the history of the sport.

That sucked big time.

But eventually things looked up. We got a shiny new QB and only had to win the last game of the season to make the playoffs for the first time in a long time. All we had to do was go 8-8, but it wasn't to be so.

The Hawks won and at 7-9, went to the playoffs. The Seahawks went on to shock the world by beating the Saints in the playoffs. But w/e.

Now here we are. The Hawks and Whiners have transcended to the upper echelon of the NFL, while the Rams....well at least we arne't the worst.

The Cards were garbage but this year have shown to be actually pretty good, not Hawks/Whiners good, but still pretty damn good.

Watching the Whiners lose the SB last year was great.

Right now the Hawks are the top rated team by many, and i pray they don't win the SB, not just because i hate their fans, but b/c i still want to be the last NFC West team to of won the SB.

The Rams on the other hand are hopes and dreams, waiting to be come the team everyone expects them to be at some point. When will that happen? Who knows, hopefully soon.

There is only so much a team can progress when they are the youngest for two years in a row.

This is a team that needs to grow before they make the leap. They need more reps, more games under there belt, and yes, more talent as well.

Will it happen? Will it all come together? I have no idea. But i hope it does.

The thing that a lot of us fail to understand is, the Hawks and Whiners are built for immediate success. Their windows are small and will close fast if they want to win the SB.

The Whiners window might already be closed, last year might be the closest they get to the Lombardi in a long while. They have a shot this year, but not a big one. There gap is closing.

As for the Hawks, well they have a lot of young talent that is extremely good. The problem with that as we all know is that second contract. They wont be able to keep them all, so they need to win soon, or there window will start to close. This year might be there year(i hope not), or it might not. Next year they wont be as good IMO, but still have a good shot at going to the SB.

Windows close fast in the NFl, they open fast as well.

Now for the Rams

They are not built for immediate success.

Fisher is building this team for long term success. It sucks big time.

What? It sucks? Why?????

Well, because there is no immediate success like the Hawks and Whiners

We are a young team that is built to grow and build and slowly become a team that has no small window, one that which has a big window, one like the Cheatriots(vomit)

I hate it as much as you do, i want results now!!!! But that is not going to happen.

I hate being patient like the next guy, hate it a lot. But do we have a choice? nope

Were fans, so we cant change shit lol.

But we can see what is being built. A young team is being built, one that wont have a small window, but one that will potentially have a long term success.

So yea, it is awesome being a Ram fan, We have the last SB win in our division(a miracle season every team wishes they could have), we have a great HC, we have a QB that everyone underestimates, and we have fans that stick to this team whether they win the SB, or have the worst win/loss record in NFL history over a 5 year span.

I will love this team and follow and route for them always. But man do they suck sometimes and make me want to pull my hair out.

This is a vent thread of sorts. A long term one.

It sucks being a Ram fan, but it is awesome as well.

*i have been drinking, so don't flame me to much lol

Last edited by a moderator:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is awesome! Well done, Tron.

Good point; despite our struggles...no other team in our division has tasted the honey. This year... Not gonna change... :cool:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
image.jpg

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Rams are the best in the world!!!! Why, you say?

1) Loyalty- we haven't had a winning record since '04, yet many of us continue to give this team our blood, sweat and tears everyday
2) Humility- because we do not win often, we truly appreciate a win when it comes. (Fuck those Pats fans that get bent out of shape for almost losing a game)
3)Comradeship- Doesn't it feel great to encounter another Rams fan? It's because we have NO bandwagon fans, so we know they're here for the long haul.

Being a Rams fan has made me a better man. Man, I can't wait until we reap the benefits of the dark ages, and when we do, I DARE some random person say I'm joining the bandwagon. I probably will have to kill them, seriously :sly:

And no I'm not plagiarizing Spag's "4 pillars" hahahahaha :roflmao:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams are the best in the world!!!! Why, you say?

1) Loyalty- we haven't had a winning record since '04, yet many of us continue to give this team our blood, sweat and tears everyday
2) Humility- because we do not win often, we truly appreciate a win when it comes. (Freak those Pats fans that get bent out of shape for almost losing a game)
3)Comradeship- Doesn't it feel great to encounter another Rams fan? It's because we have NO bandwagon fans, so we know they're here for the long haul.

Being a Rams fan has made me a better man. Man, I can't wait until we reap the benefits of the dark ages, and when we do, I DARE some random person say I'm joining the bandwagon. I probably will have to kill them, seriously :sly:

And no I'm not plagiarizing Spag's "4 pillars" hahahahaha :roflmao:

I liked your post because:

1. It was a good post
2. bouncing boobs

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man that was a good read. Everyone was a Rams fan back in the day... I will help you kill them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Man that was a good read. Everyone was a Rams fan back in the day... I will help you kill them lol.

The bandwagoners will emerge eventually from there cave. It will suck, till we kill em ofc.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Oh wouldn't it be legendary if the Rams won another superbowl before anyone else in the division does. At that point Yea we had a shitty decade but we still have bragging rights.

A55VA6

Legend
I love the Rams so much whether we're 0-16 or 16-0. Will never give up on this team!

And we're the last NFC West team to win a Super Bowl. Yeah, the 3 other teams have been there since then.. but they lost. We still have that.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams faithful are not a fanbase -- we are a support group :cheese:

Dude... we really are. We all have the same disease. I also think that's why we have the best internet forums of any team I've seen. Our internet interactions with one another are very important to our mental health lol.

My favorite quality on this forum, besides the incredibly updated overall format and cool perks, is the policy that excess negativity of our team is not allowed. If we're all livid after a game then we have a vent thread where we can just flame away for a while. We don't have those incredibly irritating LA Rams fans that stir up the whole site on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis. When you take out all the negativity, I think we really all begin to see things in the same light which is seemingly impossible on other sites. It's pretty dang great! I'm real happy to be a member here.

Just wish we had maybe another forum for NCAAF talk/draft talk. That's not specifically NFL all the time and it seems crowded to put it all in a thread. That's just my opinion, though. If no changes are made then I'm still really happy. Hats off to the founders... :)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just wish we had maybe another forum for NCAAF talk/draft talk. That's not specifically NFL all the time and it seems crowded to put it all in a thread. That's just my opinion, though. If no changes are made then I'm still really happy. Hats off to the founders... :)

I was actually thinking the same exact thing last week. And like you, if it never happens, i will still love this forum. Not worried about it, as soon as the season is over we can post all draft talk in the regular forum anyway.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's awesome being a Rams fan b/c it sure as hell beats being a Redskins fan.

I love being a Rams fan, and it's not because of the team, I'm sure I'd get just as much joy/misery from being a Bengals fan, or Ravens fan or whoever, hell I may even have a winning season occasionally. It's because of the fans, we've got a special kind, humble and knowledgable. We're sort of the anti 49ers, who are some of the most obnoxious wankers I've ever meet.