It looks Like Boudreau is getting his way!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I read a quote earlier, pre-draft, where, I believe it was Boudreau said ".. I wouldn't mind getting all OT's to play our O-Line.." I believe his reasoning was that they where the most intelligent of the O-Line, or needed to be.
Anyway from the Draft, so far, It looks like he's getting his way!! ... Any thoughts!?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I certainly hope this will fix our O-line woes, if it turns into established depth at tackle and guard, we'll be in for some sweet pass protection and running lanes. The only thing I'm really concerned about thus far is the lack of center in the early rounds. Fisher must really be sold on Jones and Rhaney taking reigns.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I sure hope so as his unit is the key to getting this team to the playoffs and beyond.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am very happy with the attention that Boudreau has received in this draft. Looks to me that Snead/Fisher/Gregg Williams have finally come to terms that they can not get off the bottom of the this division unless the OL can be fixed & fixed real good & into the future.

Thus the brand new first time OC @ this level has been provided help & Boudreau now has the type of SMART large big nasty mean finishers that he loves to work with.

Boudreau got a pure ORT in the 2nd(Havenstein). He got a serious versatile OLT/ORT/OLG/ORG who's main thing is run blocking in the 3rd(Jamon Brown). He got a 6-6 313 pounder, very versatile ORT/OLG who is very similar to a young Rodger Saffold 6-5 311 ponder when drafted This pick has some pass protection skill already in him. Then finally he added another 6-6 315 pounder to insured the ORG post will never be" Davin Joseph-tised" again. This ORG is a pure power scheme ORG who is going to surprise all of us this TC & pre season.

jap

Legend
It's high time Coach Bou had his own way with picks. I was getting tired of him having to go out of his way with reclamation projects with borderline NFL players. It's about time he was given blue chip (GRob) and red chip (Haverstein, Jamon Brown) players. This is the most complete this Horns team has been in a long, long time!

nighttrain

Legend
It's high time Coach Bou had his own way with picks. I was getting tired of him having to go out of his way with reclamation projects with borderline NFL players. It's about time he was given blue chip (GRob) and red chip (Haverstein, Jamon Brown) players. This is the most complete this Horns team has been in a long, long time!
Agreed, Love Gurley and all the OL, don't know a thing about the WR, but it appears he can catch and run..
train

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I posted in an earlier thread that OL Coach Paul Boudreau's hand prints are all over this draft. He likes his lineman big, technically sound and versatile. The only OL that does not fit the profile of versatility is Rob Havenstein because not the he could not play guard, but he's a RT through and through.

Now it's time to build the type of offensive line all us envision and offensive line that enforces it's will on the defense. Running the football takes the heart out of any defense and if Boudreau can accomplish this task many will look at the 2015 draft as the draft that offered the final solution to the conundrum known as the St. Louis Rams offensive line.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I posted in an earlier thread that OL Coach Paul Boudreau's hand prints are all over this draft. He likes his lineman big, technically sound and versatile. The only OL that does not fit the profile of versatility is Rob Havenstein because not the he could not play guard, but he's a RT through and through.

Now it's time to build the type of offensive line all us envision and offensive line that enforces it's will on the defense. Running the football takes the heart out of any defense and if Boudreau can accomplish this task many will look at the 2015 draft as the draft that offered the final solution to the conundrum known as the St. Louis Rams offensive line.
I am totally stoked about how they went about this draft. Kinda wish we had addressed it in a similar, yet slower way over the past couple drafts but I am very happy that we are now going younger and healthier and home grown.

jjab360

Legend
Reminds me eerily of his Atlanta OL

Rob Havenstein = Tyson Clabo (6'6/6'7, 320 lbs, not overly powerful or athletic but take great angles and always in good position)
Jamon Brown = Justin Blalock (6'4, 325 lbs, strong, athletic, durable)
Andrew Donnal = Harvey Dahl (6'6/6'6, 315 lbs, versatile, technically sound, Donnal not quite as nasty though)