Isaiah Pead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamShack

UDFA
After watching the game in its entirety, I came to the conclusion that Pead didn't preform all that bad. The O line didn't do him any favors but I thought he played fairly well considering he's fighting for that bust title to dissipate. I think he gets nervous sometimes especially after a bad play and his confidence is low. If Shotty can have some special pays for him on 3rd down I think it would help him out tremendously. He makes some really nice cuts and he could be a great option coming out the backfield. I think we got really spoiled with Jenks, Big Brock, Tru, Gz, and all of the the other rookies draft picks that have been so fast to makes plays. Everybody won't develop at the same rate look at B.Quick he is gaining confidence by the minute and he has Toory on his ass. Trust me when I tell you that B.Quick will surprise this year and become a beast next year. It just takes time guys to shine guys,lets watch these puppies grow up and not be so harsh on the players. Maybe bring in Marshall or someone to help groom into the stud we all want him to be. This guy can help us, GO RAMS!!!

TexRamFan

Rookie
I agree. Although I have read what seems to be a ton about how Pead is not the sharpest tool in the shed, I would like to give him some time before I start really booing him.

All in all, I feel like I saw some improvement in the G.B. game. Especially with his blocking ability.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I have been thinking about this in regard to Pead for a long time...any old farts recall how Charley Taylor got his start in the NFL before he became a record setting Wideout.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jimitroutboy with a cliff hanger:
I have been thinking about this in regard to Pead for a long time...any old farts recall how Charley Taylor got his start in the NFL before he became a record setting Wideout.
OK, let's go with the whole story. You can't leave us hanging right? :lol:

FLramFAN

Rookie
albefree69 said:

I've thought about a possible conversion for Pead, too. But, I'm no where near ready to quit on him yet as an RB and there's already a bunch of young, talented WR on this team.

I think Pead is a "rhythm" guy. He may need to be fed the ball more in order to be successful. Not sure that's going to happen with the Rams as the team is currently configured. But, since they've already decided Richardson is #1 (which he pretty much had to be for game #1 since Pead is suspended), I'd like the Rams to let Pead run with the 1's for a good portion of this next game and see if he can get some confidence built. I'd also like to see them use Pead on some of those screens and little wheel routes like they do with Richardson. Get Pead in the open field and he's still very dangerous.

It's easy to give up on Pead for a lot of people. But, I'm of the belief that he's going to be a solid, if not spectacular NFL player. It may not be for the Rams though. If he doesn't prove he's ready to be one of the top 2 guys in the backfield, a trade may be best for the team and the player, during this next offseason.

I'm giving him the rest of this season before I form a final decision on him.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
albefree69 said:

Taylor was 6:03 and 210 but after his rookie year he got the label of not being able to follow his blockers and would free lance too much so............

Taylor was drafted in the first round (third overall) of the 1964 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins.[2] He won the UPI NFL-NFC Rookie of the Year award as a running back and became the first rookie in 20 years to finish in the NFL's top 10 in both rushing (sixth with 755 yards) and receiving (eight with 53 catches for 814 yards).[2] His 53 receptions were a record for running backs at that time.[2]
Although known as a successful running back, Taylor was switched to wide receiver in 1966 and led the NFL in receiving in both 1966 and 1967.[2] He would play that position for the rest of his career and had a record-tying seven seasons with 50 or more receptions.[2] On December 21, 1975, Taylor became the NFL's all-time receptions leader with his 634th career catch in the season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles.[4]
Taylor retired after the 1977 season as the NFL's all time leading receiver with 649 receptions for 9,110 yards and 79 touchdowns.[2] With 1,488 yards rushing and some kick return yardage, he totaled 10,803 combined net yards. With 11 rushing touchdowns and 79 on receptions, Taylor scored 540 points in his career.[2] He earned first- or second-team All-NFL honors six times and was selected to play in eight Pro Bowls.[2]
Taylor was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1984 and was selected as one of the 70 Greatest Redskins of all time.[5] In 1999, he was ranked number 85 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players.[6]

I don't know what the answer is with Pead, I have thought about how he would project as a WR. Its too early in the process to give up on him as a RB. He is coachable I think, he improved his pass blocking immensely from the start of this camp to now.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jimitroutboy telling it like it was:
I don't know what the answer is with Pead, I have thought about how he would project as a WR. Its too early in the process to give up on him as a RB. He is coachable I think, he improved his pass blocking immensely from the start of this camp to now.
Great stuff Jimi! Good thing we have you old farts who can remember this stuff. :lol:
I'm not giving up on him either. Even with his issues I still don't see anyone outperforming him so far except DR.