Isaac Bruce on Richie Incognito (Sirius XM)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think the RI saga has been beaten to death and unfortunately small aspects of it are what people will hold on to to "justify" their indignation and or lack thereof.

As we continue to get new and exculpatory information this issue clearly becomes more and more about whether people in cloistered populations are allowed by the outside world to set their own set of mores and whether they can extend extraordinary dispensation. I say they can BTW and FWIW if they can't in another persons expectation a far more egregious offense than insensitivity that resembles forceful domain is being perpetrated.

The greatest focus has become on a racial reference that has become taboo to the extent that is referred to as "the N word" ( as if referring to it that way somehow sanitized or inoculated the user from summary judgement in the effort to prove a negative).

It occurs to me that Martin and Incognito had a racial "understanding" reportedly Martin laughed about the fateful voice mail ,so if true the question becomes : IF it is OK for people of color to refer to one another with the N-word ,DO THEY also have the "right " to allow someone else to call them that and conversely to playfully use racially insensitive terms toward the other persons race as a sign they DON'T hold animosity toward the other because of their ethnic differences? Cuz see it becomes more apparent to me that could have been part of their relationship.

I find it curious that Riley Cooper was pilloried for his use but the outrage faded quickly even though he clearly wasn't using it in any way someone might construe as intimate interaction ,but here where someone who was the direct target of the word did not recoil ,reportedly laughed,the black players ON THAT team, who are closer to the situation, know far more than others and may well be extending those extra ordinary dispensations are being "called out" for their lack of outrage (happened last night on Inside the NFL).

In the end I think what went down between these guys really isn't OUR business,we will never know enough to make completely defensible judgement .
I hear they are arranging a summit twixt Richie and Johnathan's "camps" so we might be treated to a kiss and make up here,dunno.
Just saw Ryan Tannehill claim Richie was Martin's best friend on the team in an interview on NFL network.
Once again , not our /my business.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I've got mixed opinions on this whole thing.

I don't know if I think Richie is definitively a "racist" because of this act. Just like I don't think everyone that ever calls an african american a "n word" racist. Sometimes I think people are too lazy or too stupid to find a way to insult people so they go to the easiest thing they know will offend the person. No different than calling an overweight person a lard ass or someone with glasses foureyes...etc. It's in their face and they know it will be sen negatively and most likely hurt the persons feelings/anger/intimidate.
However, I've heard stories about things Richie says and does in public from people who AREN'T associated with the media or NFL. And they paint a picture of an insecure redneck POS. Couple that with how I've seen him act on the field and these allegations...my opinion of him has been formed.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I've got mixed opinions on this whole thing.

I don't know if I think Richie is definitively a "racist" because of this act. Just like I don't think everyone that ever calls an african american a "n word" racist. Sometimes I think people are too lazy or too stupid to find a way to insult people so they go to the easiest thing they know will offend the person. No different than calling an overweight person a lard ass or someone with glasses foureyes...etc. It's in their face and they know it will be sen negatively and most likely hurt the persons feelings/anger/intimidate.
However, I've heard stories about things Richie says and does in public from people who AREN'T associated with the media or NFL. And they paint a picture of an insecure redneck POS. Couple that with how I've seen him act on the field and these allegations...my opinion of him has been formed.
Yeah ,I wouldn't want him dating MY daughter either,but that FWIW goes for most of these guys,my whole thesis about Richie is that he isn't atypical to the extent most would like to beleee.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yeah ,I wouldn't want him dating MY daughter either,but that FWIW goes for most of these guys,my whole thesis about Richie is that he isn't atypical to the extent most would like to beleee.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of players just like him. They aren't unlike any other group of people. You've got great guys and you have scum in every walk of life.

Personally, I'll continue to root for good people. I've met guys like D'Marco Farr and Isaac Bruce. Those are the kinds of guys I respect, and that goes for way more than talking about football.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Oh, I'm sure there are plenty of players just like him. They aren't unlike any other group of people. You've got great guys and you have scum in every walk of life.

Personally, I'll continue to root for good people. I've met guys like D'Marco Farr and Isaac Bruce. Those are the kinds of guys I respect, and that goes for way more than talking about football.
Well although I don't agree that they are representative of the population at large( my college frat had 14 starting FB players and around 10 JV's ,4 varsity wrestlers and we were anything but) I will say there are plenty of good guys and they deserve to be acknowledged as so.
My big quarrel in the end is with adulation ,but that's another subject.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Frankly, I've got more important things to focus on. But it would be nice to pick up Ritchie after they cut him.