Is Zac Stacy a CJ Anderson Without an Oline?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always liked Zac Stacy. He was the bowling ball that submarined stacked boxes in the bad ole' days of 2013 (and 2014). Stacy ran for like 973 yards as a rookie, behind an Oline with Jake Long, Chris Williams, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, and Joe Barksdale.....Ugh...Rodger Saffold was available for 12 games in 2013, but he must have been injured a lot to not be listed as a starter by ProFootball reference.

I got to watch Stacy do a really nice one cut, making a guy miss, straight ahead run for a TD in the AAF. It made me remember him from 2013, and got me to thinking about our current bowling ball, CJ Anderson. IS Zac just a guy without much luck in being on bad teams without great Olines like CJ? Would Stacy be an adequate replacement for CJ, or does Malcolm Brown make Stacy unnecessary? Stacy would be the veteran minimum...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As I recall, the issue with Stacy is that he offered nothing in the passing game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I recall, the issue with Stacy is that he offered nothing in the passing game.
Was the passing game to RB's a big thing under Fisher? I don't remember that...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was the passing game to RB's a big thing under Fisher? I don't remember that...

No, Fisher used Gurley terribly in that role. But I recall Stacy having issues with dropped passes.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Fisher used Gurley terribly in that role. But I recall Stacy having issues with dropped passes.
So if he fixed his pass catching errors, is he the clone of CJ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I liked Stacy too.

The Rams used him in their 2014 marketing materials as I recall, but he never did much. I think he got hurt early, and never got the starters job back. If I recall.

He’ll be 28 in April. That 2013 season is pretty far in the rear view mirror these days.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Stacy too.

The Rams used him in their 2014 marketing materials as I recall, but he never did much. I think he got hurt early, and never got the starters job back. If I recall.

He’ll be 28 in April. That 2013 season is pretty far in the rear view mirror these days.
Zac Stacy = 1st 100 yard rusher in AAF history! (yesterday)

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Always liked Zac Stacy. He was the bowling ball that submarined stacked boxes in the bad ole' days of 2013 (and 2014). Stacy ran for like 973 yards as a rookie, behind an Oline with Jake Long, Chris Williams, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, and Joe Barksdale.....Ugh...Rodger Saffold was available for 12 games in 2013, but he must have been injured a lot to not be listed as a starter by ProFootball reference.

I got to watch Stacy do a really nice one cut, making a guy miss, straight ahead run for a TD in the AAF. It made me remember him from 2013, and got me to thinking about our current bowling ball, CJ Anderson. IS Zac just a guy without much luck in being on bad teams without great Olines like CJ? Would Stacy be an adequate replacement for CJ, or does Malcolm Brown make Stacy unnecessary? Stacy would be the veteran minimum...
I think Anderson is a way better back. I think he had some bad luck in Denver. 2014 and ‘15 it seemed the Broncos had too many options at RB. Then in 2016, Anderson is the starter through the first 7 games, and is running well, then he gets injured. He has a pretty decent 2017 and then Denver moves on from him. I think they are similar in style of running, but I think Anderson is way more effective. I wish the Rams could afford to keep Anderson and Brown. Honestly though, I would rather have Malcolm Brown over Zac Stacy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Anderson is a way better back. I think he had some bad luck in Denver. 2014 and ‘15 it seemed the Broncos had too many options at RB. Then in 2016, Anderson is the starter through the first 7 games, and is running well, then he gets injured. He has a pretty decent 2017 and then Denver moves on from him. I think they are similar in style of running, but I think Anderson is way more effective. I wish the Rams could afford to keep Anderson and Brown. Honestly though, I would rather have Malcolm Brown over Zac Stacy.
Probably? The point of the thread is that Stacy always faced a staked box with a crappy Oline. We saw how limited CJ was vs the Saints when they were getting penetration on our Oline, which was something Stacy faced every game with the Rams.When he left here (Stacy), I don't know what sorts of chances he got and what Olines blocked for him. Yeah, I wouldn't dump Malcolm Brown for him, unless Brown is damaged goods.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Probably? The point of the thread is that Stacy always faced a staked box with a crappy Oline. We saw how limited CJ was vs the Saints when they were getting penetration on our Oline, which was something Stacy faced every game with the Rams.When he left here (Stacy), I don't know what sorts of chances he got and what Olines blocked for him. Yeah, I wouldn't dump Malcolm Brown for him, unless Brown is damaged goods.
I understood what you were asking. I was just answering your question of, “Would Stacy be an adequate replacement for CJ, or does Malcolm Brown make Stacy unnecessary?” My response was just a long winded rant of no he’s not an adequate replacement, and I think Brown does make Stacy unnecessary. However, I would like to see what Stacy could do with the O-Line the Rams have had over the last 2 years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The AAF is fun football to watch but man, it’s not even the talent level of 4th quarter of pre-season games.
IIRC he got cut in favor of Tre Mason for some CFL team
Not thinking he’s looking at any roster spots

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Id love to have Stacy back. Always hated how he got the shaft from Fisher who had a hard on for Mason.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The AAF is fun football to watch but man, it’s not even the talent level of 4th quarter of pre-season games.
IIRC he got cut in favor of Tre Mason for some CFL team
Not thinking he’s looking at any roster spots
I wouldn't rate it as being that low...It's at least equal with the above.

Stacy was was displaced by the potential of Tre Mason, cuz Mason pretty much blew in reality. Stacy almost gained a 1000 yards for us, which is more than anything Mason did for the Rams...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't rate it as being that low...It's at least equal with the above.

Stacy was was displaced by the potential of Tre Mason, cuz Mason pretty much blew in reality. Stacy almost gained a 1000 yards for us, which is more than anything Mason did for the Rams...
Still, he couldn’t even get a roster spot on a CFL team. I’d tap the brakes on his return to the NFL...
Wasn’t he hurt with the Rams too? Between injury and poor performance that allowed Mason to take over?

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think most people forget how dominant Stacy was when he started for us. The dude had his own internet meme, "The Staced God", after his first few games of the season. Funny thing is is that he has always been compared to CJ.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Still, he couldn’t even get a roster spot on a CFL team. I’d tap the brakes on his return to the NFL...
Wasn’t he hurt with the Rams too? Between injury and poor performance that allowed Mason to take over?
Stacy never saw the field after the Cardinals game early in the 2015 season. He wasnt having a bad year and wasnt injured which is what made the move very questionable.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stacy never saw the field after the Cardinals game early in the 2015 season. He wasnt having a bad year and wasnt injured which is what made the move very questionable.
Stacy wasn’t on the team in 2015, he got traded after the “Yikes” Rams drafted Gurley.
He started the first couple games in 2014 and wasn’t good, Mason came in and played better and took the job