Is this the year of the Vikings?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
No way they beat the seahawks if Lynch plays...they get blown out if Lynch is 100%....
Limited arm strength doesn’t mean Bridgewater can’t play. Rather, it means, like Pennington, he can only play a certain way.
Andy B. is gonna see why it's best to have a cannon when playing outdoor football in January. If it's windy, Teddy won't throw a 15 yard pass.....

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hatred for the Viqueens and Cowpukes burns deep for us long timers that remember the (4!!!) NFC Championship games we lost in the '70s. Including the one blown call in '75 that would have put us in the Super Bowl instead of the Queens, if they had replay.

Anybody know how to post a clip of that?

Ironically, our worst team, the '79 team, is the one that finally made it to the Super Bowl.

ohiorams

Rookie
I liked them enough this year to put some money on a an over for their win total this year. Won that one. They may give Seattle a run this Sunday, but, the first time they have to go on the road their season ends I would think.
Bridgewater is probably going to get better.
I would much prefer them over Seattle in the NFC, but, they are not close to the best team in the NFC.

Regular season win totals have never proven playoff success 100% of the time.

ohiorams

Rookie
No way they beat the seahawks if Lynch plays...they get blown out if Lynch is 100%....
Andy B. is gonna see why it's best to have a cannon when playing outdoor football in January. If it's windy, Teddy won't throw a 15 yard pass.....

That's silly. You don't get to be an nfl QB unless you can make the same throws everyone else can.
Sure, some guys stand out with a different quality or talent but the fact is no one became a pro without being able to make all the throws that are expected when being drafted.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's silly. You don't get to be an nfl QB unless you can make the same throws everyone else can.
Now that's silly.... It's obvious that some QB's possess skills that others only can imagine. So, Case Keenum made all the throws? Teddy won't even attempt a deep out...I see college QB's make throws he can't, and probably never will.

ohiorams

Rookie
Now that's silly.... It's obvious that some QB's possess skills that others only can imagine. So, Case Keenum made all the throws? Teddy won't even attempt a deep out...I see college QB's make throws he can't, and probably never will.

I did state some have talents some dont have but theres no way in heck he'd be in the league if he couldnt throw 10 yrds upfield to the sideline.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-turner-teddy-bridgewater-can-make-all-throws
http://www.startribune.com/turner-on-why-teddys-arm-strength-can-make-any-throw-necessary/287216011/

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I did state some have talents some dont have but theres no way in heck he'd be in the league if he couldnt throw 10 yrds upfield to the sideline.

/
That's what you'd think....He can float a few, but doesn't TRY to drive a ball in a tight window downfield. Won't do it tomorrow.

http://www.startribune.com/bridgewater-won-t-throw-caution-or-completions-to-the-wind/360730551/
I recently reviewed all of the Vikings’ offensive plays this season. What I saw was a quarterback determined not to make a mistake. That led to him scrambling madly, frequently throwing the ball out of bounds, and overthrowing receivers deep. Bridgewater's caution has helped the Vikings beat lesser teams. It has also hurt them on the big stage. You don't beat good teams with five-yard passes.

The Seahawks stacked the line of scrimmage, playing only one safety deep, as is their custom. They dared the Vikings to run through them or pass over them. The Vikings accomplished neither.

His interception was the result of a simple overthrow, and his longest completion against a team daring him to throw deep was 25 yards. He frequently double-pumps or hesitates when he has a receiver open. He favors short, risk-free throws that do nothing to stretch or challenge a defense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ure-to-make-big-plays-a-concern-in-minnesota/

Accuracy on downfield throws has been an issue for Bridgewater, who doesn’t have a strong arm and struggles to find receivers deep. On ESPN’s NFL Matchup this week, Merril Hoge showed tape of Bridgewater missing an open Mike Wallace for what should have been a touchdown pass, and Hoge noted that it was a play that had been designed perfectly for Wallace to get open downfield — it just wasn’t executed properly by Bridgewater.
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2016/1/8/10736552/the-vikings-must-protect-teddy-bridgewater-on-sunday
However, there are going to be times where Bridgewater is going to have to make a throw or two to keep things moving and to keep Seattle honest. We know that the Vikings have gone to more of a short passing game since the last time these two teams played,
I like Teddy, just know he has serious limitations...all related to his arm strength. You can crowd the receivers if the QB can barely throw it over your head...No wonder Cordarelle Patterson is of no use...Wallace too

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I picked the Vikings over Seattle because the...
Arizona
th

will continue to avoid playing good teams and catching teams on short weeks and playing injured teams and not getting flagged for penalties like they did all season. They won't have to face the Seahawks which sucks.

Cards will face the Redskins(who will beat the Packers) and blow them out in the desert.
My only hope is the Panthers. Bruce Arrogance cannot be allowed to win a Super Bowl. If he does they'll have to redesign all the doors at the University of Phoenix stadium just so he can fit his head and fat ass into the locker room in 2017.

/hater post

DVontel

Rookie
I picked the Vikings over Seattle because the...
Arizona
th

will continue to avoid playing good teams and catching teams on short weeks and playing injured teams and not getting flagged for penalties like they did all season. They won't have to face the Seahawks which sucks.

Cards will face the Redskins(who will beat the Packers) and blow them out in the desert.
My only hope is the Panthers. Bruce Arrogance cannot be allowed to win a Super Bowl. If he does they'll have to redesign all the doors at the University of Phoenix stadium just so he can fit his head and fat ass into the locker room in 2017.

/hater post

So those wins against Cincy, @ Seattle, & Minnesota never happened huh? We're the only playoff team in the to not play good teams, right?

C'mon man, I know you have an unhealthy hate Arians & all, but be logical. Every team has deals with injuries, & we've beaten teams when we have came off a short week, too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So those wins against Cincy, @ Seattle, & Minnesota never happened huh? We're the only playoff team in the to not play good teams, right?

C'mon man, I know you have an unhealthy hate Arians & all, but be logical. Every team has deals with injuries, & we've beaten teams when we have came off a short week, too.
I will be as illogical, and hateful as i want be HERE concerning your team, and truth be told...i might actually be 100% rooting for the Cardinals if it wasn't for Bruce Arrogance. I openly rooted for them in Super Bowl XLIII. Sported my Warner Cards jersey and everything. I don't like
pompous people in life or in the sports and celebrity world. Arians is a jackass for reasons beyond his comments about the Rams last season. All one has to do is listen to him speak. I would love to toss Arians and jackass #2 Mike Tomlin into a cage match and watch them take a beating :)

In football terms i have acknowledged that the Cards are a well coached, good team many times, but if you were to really analyze their schedule and watch the games it is quite obvious from an out of the box POV that they have been very lucky this season. Losing T.Mathieu was the only stroke of shitty luck all season and it came at the end with the division already wrapped up. But hey, in addition to being a good team it takes some luck to win a championship. Maybe this is their year. It has certainly bounced that way all season.

You and i have already gone over the ridiculousness of the Cards getting all the tougher out of division opponents at home this year so i'm not going to point that out again.
Cards final strength of schedule ranked 15th most difficult
Cards ranked dead last in penalty yards against this season

DVontel

Rookie
I will be as illogical, and hateful as i want be HERE concerning your team, and truth be told...i might actually be 100% rooting for the Cardinals if it wasn't for Bruce Arrogance. I openly rooted for them in Super Bowl XLIII. Sported my Warner Cards jersey and everything. I don't like
pompous people in life or in the sports and celebrity world. Arians is a jackass for reasons beyond his comments about the Rams last season. All one has to do is listen to him speak. I would love to toss Arians and jackass #2 Mike Tomlin into a cage match and watch them take a beating :)

In football terms i have acknowledged that the Cards are a well coached, good team many times, but if you were to really analyze their schedule and watch the games it is quite obvious from an out of the box POV that they have been very lucky this season. Losing T.Mathieu was the only stroke of crappy luck all season and it came at the end with the division already wrapped up. But hey, in addition to being a good team it takes some luck to win a championship. Maybe this is their year. It has certainly bounced that way all season.

You and i have already gone over the ridiculousness of the Cards getting all the tougher out of division opponents at home this year so i'm not going to point that out again.
Cards final strength of schedule ranked 15th most difficult
Cards ranked dead last in penalty yards against this season
I don't know, I would feel losing your starting NT for the season during pre-season and be forced to start a rookie isn't "lucky", but hey I can definitely say we have been more fortunate this season compared to last season by far, lol.

I see Minnesota ranked dead last in penalty yards from all the sources I have seen. Seems like a well-disciplined teams, and it has paid dividends for them this season from the looks of it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Vikings are where the Rams should be, but that being posted I don't believe the Vikings will beat the Seahawks because they destroyed the Vikings once I guess we'll get to see if Mike Zimmer can recover, but I still like the Seahawks to win, however, I would be more than happy to be wrong.

fearsomefour

Legend
Regular season win totals have never proven playoff success 100% of the time.
Oh I agree. If....and its a big if....the Vikings manage to beat Seattle, I think their playoff run ends the next week.
I was just taking the chance to feel good about a rare win at the sports book.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
That's what you'd think....He can float a few, but doesn't TRY to drive a ball in a tight window downfield. Won't do it tomorrow.

I like Teddy, just know he has serious limitations...all related to his arm strength. You can crowd the receivers if the QB can barely throw it over your head...No wonder Cordarelle Patterson is of no use...Wallace too
First, Teddy can make the deep throws. His accuracy is at times off. Mostly because he never has time. But over the last two year he as been as accurate past 40 yards as Brady. As to the 5 yard passing comment by the idiot sports writer. Apparently he as never looked into how guys like Brady and Rodgers really make their living. Those guys, like Bridgewater, have about 70% of all their pass attempts from Behind the LOS to out to 10 yards past he LOS. The only QB that throws less than 65% in that area, Palmer at 56%.

As to the game on Sunday, we should have all of our defensive starters back, unlike last time when we were down 4 starters by the end of the 1st Quarter.

ohiorams

Rookie
First, Teddy can make the deep throws. His accuracy is at times off. Mostly because he never has time. But over the last two year he as been as accurate past 40 yards as Brady. As to the 5 yard passing comment by the idiot sports writer. Apparently he as never looked into how guys like Brady and Rodgers really make their living. Those guys, like Bridgewater, have about 70% of all their pass attempts from Behind the LOS to out to 10 yards past he LOS. The only QB that throws less than 65% in that area, Palmer at 56%.

As to the game on Sunday, we should have all of our defensive starters back, unlike last time when we were down 4 starters by the end of the 1st Quarter.

I think i'm still waiting to be approved on your forum. i'm norseforce